You might be trailer trash if............

Status
Not open for further replies.

Allazar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2011
Austin
could always just drop the unopened can in the turkey fryer.....safely parked in the middle of the living room next to the Christmas tree........

Awesome!!! That would be a thing to see! I knew there was a way to get the thread back onto the topic of turkey fryers... just was not sure how! :)

*makes a mental note to move his turkey fryer out of the living room so the neighborhood squirrels do not get any ideas!*

wwturner

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2011
Catoosa, OK
In keeping with the holiday spirit, here is the latest addition to Allazar's recipes... made it over the holidays and it was a huge hit... feel free to substitue roadkill or "mystery meat" for those so inclined! ;)

Allazar's Trailer Park Queso

Ingredients:
2 Cheese blocks of easy melt cheese (or Velveeta if you prefer namebrand)
2 lbs. Sausage (Hot)
1 Can chili (hot no beans) (Wolf for those that like name brand)
2 Small cans Rotel tomatos
1 Large bottle of Pace picante sauce
1 Small block Cream cheese
1 Small container of sour cream
1 Small package of Guacamole
Add Worcestershire sauce to taste preference

Directions:

1. Brown Sausage.
2. Cut up the cheese into smaller chunks to facilitate melting.
3. Place cutup cheese in pan, empty Rotel dip cans and Pace bottle into pot.
4. Once cheese is nearly melted add the can of chili and the browned sausage.
5. Stir continuously and then add a cutup block of cream cheese, the guacamole and the sour cream.
6. While continuing to stir (never stop for too long or the pot becomes a mess to clean) add the Worcestershire sauce to taste. (Note: you want to put a good bit because this is a large recipe)
7. Stir until all ingredients fully mixed and melted and remove from heat for approximately 30-45 minutes.
8. Serve with chips or other preference to go with the Queso.

This definately qualifies as trailer park, but God is it good! :2cool: :toast: :p

Could "gubment" cheese be used instead?

Allazar

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 21, 2011
Austin
Could "gubment" cheese be used instead?

Of course it could... but that stuff is a bit too good to go melting it like that. When I was a very little boy my grandfather qualified at one point (when he was alive) for one of those a month... it was at least 50% better than any cheese I have ever been able to buy in a grocery store even when including the "gourmet" cheeses. :)

Of course... if the quality of it has dropped in the last 30+ years (like it has on so many other things... take politicians for instance! ;)) then perhaps that would be a great idea! :lol:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread