The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Your Go-To Guide in Government Intrusion

Discussion in 'Legislation News' started by mp25, Apr 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. mp25

mp25 Full Member

Dec 27, 2018
    Just found this today when I was visiting a friend in a city that I couldn’t recall allowed vaping indoors (unfortunately it didn’t):

State Vape Laws

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Rossum

Rossum "Chump" Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 14, 2013
    SE PA
    Some of the information on that page is of dubious accuracy. For example, under PENNSYLVANIA VAPE LAWS: it shows a "Complete indoor ban: Statewide".

I'm not there right now, but PA is my home state and I was under the impression that there was no state-wide prohibition on indoor vaping. CASSA agrees:

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. stols001

stols001 Moved On ECF Veteran

May 30, 2017
    Hmm. They are not correct for my state either. Arizona has placed the vaping age (or maybe it was just Pima County) as 21.

But they did talk about counties, and that was not in there.

Also, there may NOT be a law about indoor vaping (IDK) but most state places prohibit it, like courthouses, the police stations. and many private establishments.

Far more accuracy needed I think.
    Anna

4. Rossum

Rossum "Chump" Verified Member ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Dec 14, 2013
    SE PA
    I would not consider rules in state-owned facilities to be "government intrusion". It's when they pass laws that dictate what happens in privately owned places, against the wishes of the owner, that it rises to that level.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. MyMagicMist

MyMagicMist Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 28, 2014
    Ctrl+F5 "Jackson County, WV" Not found.

Not changed in a while now. There's no statewide indoor vaping ban but businesses can and do request no vaping indoors. I do not have an issue with it so long as there's also no smoking indoors. You go into a public place, what's to say they're aren't toddlers, infants, seniors inside that really have valid reasons to not want, or need putting up with smoke, or vapor?

And yes, I know "second hand" vape is a non-issue. I still don't see it as government intrusion. I see it as businesses taking their right to serve their customers/clients as benefits all their customers/clients. It's a sound business decision.

Not denying the government intrudes. It does. In this case though it's not about government intrusion but public policy, respect, dignity. Contrary to popular fear mongering belief, vapers as a general rule are not monsters.

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. sofarsogood

sofarsogood Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Oct 12, 2014
    I have no problem with property owners making what ever rules they decide. But there is no justification for laws limiting vaping on private property regardless of whether it is considered a public accomodation. As a practical matter I'm now so good at stealth vaping I can take a puff almost anywhere almost any time. Then again I feel less need for that than in the past.

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.