Not open for further replies.

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
Some of the information on that page is of dubious accuracy. For example, under PENNSYLVANIA vape LAWS: it shows a "Complete indoor ban: Statewide".

I'm not there right now, but PA is my home state and I was under the impression that there was no state-wide prohibition on indoor vaping. CASSA agrees:
Pennsylvania's Clean Indoor Air Act has not been amended to prohibit the use of vapor products where smoking is prohibited.

The following municipalities have ordinances that prohibit vaping where smoking is prohibited (some exclude bars and restaurants): Philadelphia

• Agree
Reactions: stols001

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Hmm. They are not correct for my state either. Arizona has placed the vaping age (or maybe it was just Pima County) as 21.

But they did talk about counties, and that was not in there.

Also, there may NOT be a law about indoor vaping (IDK) but most state places prohibit it, like courthouses, the police stations. and many private establishments.

Far more accuracy needed I think.
Anna

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
most state places prohibit it, like courthouses, the police stations.
I would not consider rules in state-owned facilities to be "government intrusion". It's when they pass laws that dictate what happens in privately owned places, against the wishes of the owner, that it rises to that level.

MyMagicMist

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2014
Legal purchase age: 18 West Virginia has identified their laws to also apply to, “any noncombustible product containing nicotine that employs a heating element, power source, electronic circuit or other electronic, chemical or mechanical means, regardless of shape and size, that can be used to produce vapor from nicotine in a solution or other form [including] any electronic cigarette, electronic cigar, electronic cigarillo, electronic pipe or similar product or device, and any vapor cartridge or other container of nicotine in a solution or other form that is intended to be used with or in an [aforementioned] device.” E-cigarettes are prohibited from use on school facility properties.
Complete indoor ban: Barbour County, Berkeley County, Brooke County, Calhoun County, Grant County, Greenbrier County, Hampshire County, Hancock County, Lewis County, Mason County, Mineral County, Monroe County, Nicholas County, Ohio County, Pleasants County, Preston County, Randolph County, Ritchie County, Roane County, Taylor County, Tucker County, Upshur County, Wirt County, Wood County

The Article

Ctrl+F5 "Jackson County, WV" Not found.

Not changed in a while now. There's no statewide indoor vaping ban but businesses can and do request no vaping indoors. I do not have an issue with it so long as there's also no smoking indoors. You go into a public place, what's to say they're aren't toddlers, infants, seniors inside that really have valid reasons to not want, or need putting up with smoke, or vapor?

And yes, I know "second hand" vape is a non-issue. I still don't see it as government intrusion. I see it as businesses taking their right to serve their customers/clients as benefits all their customers/clients. It's a sound business decision.

Not denying the government intrudes. It does. In this case though it's not about government intrusion but public policy, respect, dignity. Contrary to popular fear mongering belief, vapers as a general rule are not monsters.

sofarsogood

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 12, 2014
I have no problem with property owners making what ever rules they decide. But there is no justification for laws limiting vaping on private property regardless of whether it is considered a public accomodation. As a practical matter I'm now so good at stealth vaping I can take a puff almost anywhere almost any time. Then again I feel less need for that than in the past.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread