Not open for further replies.

unsure

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Silicon Valley, California
Nice!

I was at EAC in Vancouver. EP for FIFA for most of that (software engineer before jumping to Production). My commute was 15 mins. :)

I've been to the last 3 head offices in the bay area many, many times - never for shiggles, always to account for my sins (i.e., franchise reviews) with Larry Probst and co.

Thinking about it again brings back some good memories. With FarCry 2 we teamed up with UbiSoft guys to set up a game site to promote the release and to maintain it. As mods for the site they set us up with cool signatures and still got them. :)
slayergig.gif

GILeffect.gif

Last edited:

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
My KD in TDM Black Ops II is a 1.05. Not bad for a 47 year old dude. :)

My 12 year old is a beast. He's a gifted gamer and is a phenom at this thing the kids do called "Quick scoping" and can run around a map with a sniper rifle and just stack bodies against dudes with machine guns. His reflexes and hand / eye coordination is ballistic.

Me, I just run around with my ( now gold ) MSMC/FMJ/ suppressor killing , dying, rinse repeat. I can't snipe to save myself and dont even try.

That's my night job :)

MsLoud

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 16, 2013
Retail management. Simi-Big Box. 25 years in management though - 20 of them in corporate and food service before having a breakdown the day after our last child left home I 2009. I came home and told hubby "I quit". He said "ok baby..." For the first time since I left home I didn't know what I was suppose to do now...
10 months later when I got myself together, I went to work for a friend at her Dollar General store as a cashier, 2 weeks later I was her assistance. 4 months later our store was the district training store lol

Now with another company the last 3 years, I haven't regretted my decision to start over in a new environment. Funny where the wind blows you some times.

Borescoped

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2013
Minot, ND

My 12 year old is a beast. He's a gifted gamer and is a phenom at this thing the kids do called "Quick scoping" and can run around a map with a sniper rifle and just stack bodies against dudes with machine guns. His reflexes and hand / eye coordination is ballistic.

Me, I just run around with my ( now gold ) MSMC/FMJ/ suppressor killing , dying, rinse repeat. I can't snipe to save myself and dont even try.

Russ, I might just have to find my 3m 360 subscription card and get on there with you. Haven't played BO2 for awhile though, but I did prestige master up on it.

Borescoped

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 24, 2013
Minot, ND
So... nothing too interesting here my fellow REOnauts.

Graduated HS in spring of '97, did the delayed enlistment (so I could get the job I wanted in the AF), did landscaping/yardwork for a few months in the summer, then when winter came, worked at Sears for about 2 months until I joined the AF in Dec '97.

Started out on T56-7 engines on C-130E's out of Ramstein, hauling everything from beans, bullets, troops, howitzers, pallets (few other things I won't mention). Fixed 'em so they could haul Europe wide. Participated in the relief efforts down in Mozambique when they got flooded out, did that for a month. Got to fly the length/breadth of Africa while I was stationed there. Worked C-130's 'til Oct '01.

PCS'd (moved) to Valdosta, Georgia in Oct '01. Went to work on CSAR (Combat Search and Rescue) HH-60's. Deployed to Uzbekistan and Afghanistan, also did Joint Task Force Katrina (when New Orleans got blasted hard). Did a bit of time on the road between TDY's and deployments. Left GA in August '09.

PCS'd to the United Kingdom (thinking I'd be back on HH-60's again), but got stuck working straight jet engines (F100-220/229's) for the F-15C/E, rebuilding the fans, turbines and augmentors (think afterburner). Now, I'm in the business of repairing jet fuel starters (mini jet engines), the gearboxes (CGB's) that mate up with those JFS's, aircraft mounted accessory drives (AMADS), and also inspect/maintain/refurbish the engine trailers for the F100's.

3.5 years before I can retire at 20, I'm excited about it, but at the same time, I have NO idea what I want to do when I retire... which scares me a little bit. All I know is Active Duty AF. Been to every warzone (Kosovo and Afghanistan) since I've joined, but got shafted on going to Iraq (yes, I DID want to go, too late now LOL).

Just took a class the other day on AFSO21/Lean/6 Sigma, so thinking about getting my green belt for that, maybe work on a Business Management degree. Would also like to work on muscle cars as a job after I get out, was thinking UTI training certification combined with a Business Mgt degree and Lean training might make a good start for opening up my own shop. Wouldn't mind opening up my own vape shop though also!

machinestatic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 27, 2013
Massachusetts
My first Reo is still in the mail so I hope I don't get yelled at, but this thread looks fun. :p

I graduated from Berklee College of Music (yes, I got my bachelor's degree in playing the drums) and toured the country a little with a rock band. We hoped to become famous millionaires obviously, but that rarely works out, so I came back home and got a job doing phone customer service for a company that sells home furniture on the internet. I worked there in various roles for almost 8 years, was laid off, and lived off of a severance check and unemployment for about a year. Got a new job this year as an eCommerce Operations Manager... at a different company that sells home furniture on the internet. Sigh. haha

I must say, I can totally relate to the story MsLoud posted. I'm only 33 but after the very stressful days at work (and there are a lot of them) I frequently think "What the heck am I doing?" and want to quit and get a simple job helping people face to face, maybe at a cafe, grocery store, movie theater, etc. The pay cut would be huge but I'd get my sanity and soul back. Maybe. Bah, it's probably just a "grass is always greener on the other side" scenario.

Okay, I'm rambling now. Someone else tell a story. :D

pwheeler

Just Vaping
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Weimar, TX
I am primarily the finisher at a custom cabinet shop, a job I kind of inherited about 9 years ago. I have my own business as a builder, remodeler, painter, and was a general contractor and built 3 houses in the area as well as some remodels. I did some sub work for a builder who also built cabinets and was asked to give them a hand doing the finishing as they were getting kind of busy doing cabinets. So, I did! Since then, they quit the home building part and just went into cabinets. They bought 3 acres and built a custom shop and my finishing shop in back. It's complete with an automotive paint booth, everything heated and air conditioned. Love it. I learned to much about finishing. Now, we are swamped with work. I can only do my outside work on the weekends, if I have time, and the job isn't too time consuming. Love my job, but it's a bit dirty, especially when staining up a large job, but it has a lot of satisfaction when we install in the customer's house and comes out so perfect.

Chowderhead1972

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2013
Clarksburg, Maryland, United States

Lol! Mine is 1.21. Check me out my XBL is Chowderhead72. Feel free to add me. I'm 41.

I also have a 12 year old son that is ridiculously good, kind of a jerk about too... Last time I looked he was 2.83. I can't watch him play, makes me dizzy. Very twitchy.

Last edited:

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Lol! Mine is 1.21. Check me out my XBL is Chowderhead72. Feel free to add me. I'm 41.

I also have a 12 year old son that is ridiculously good, kind of a jerk about too... Last time I looked he was 2.83. I can't watch him play, makes me dizzy. Very twitchy.

I'll be on tonight and I'll shoot you a request. Nice work on that 1.21 bro. I almost always play with my kids so perhaps we can all hook up with like a 5 man wrecking crew for some TDM and domination?

My 7 year old will want to add y'all too cause he can't hear anyone unless their on his friends list and he just loves to be In the mix. He's pretty good too and always offers to "protect me". We only friend non offensive language using gamers so our Friend lists are rather short. I'm also guessing my 12 year old will wanna add y'all cause he's also restricted to only hearing people on friends list.

Yeah, them 12 year olds are AMAZINGLY GOOD. their sensitivity is set to like 7 and mine is like 2. :)

The kids love to play zombies too but me, not so much. I really don't like zombies at all mainly cause I suck at it.

Looking forward to it. I'm SUPER X DRIFTER
12 year old is MOTO X DRIFTER AND 7 year old is AVENGED DRIFTER.

let's rock :)

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
I'm a managing innkeeper but not at any old inn -- an Adirondack Great Camp, rustic lodging. My job provides free housing on site as being a live-in innkeeper was a requirement for the job. I'm always on the clock unless a backup innkeeper is providing relief. But I only work on an as-needed basis, if that makes sense. Some days are 14 hour days; some are essentially 0. Duties include everything under the sun LOL

Looking forward to being part of the REO family. My REO and batteries are all supposed to arrive tomorrow. Hoping that by tomorrow night I'll be up and running :)

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
I'm a managing innkeeper but not at any old inn -- an Adirondack Great Camp, rustic lodging. My job provides free housing on site as being a live-in innkeeper was a requirement for the job. I'm always on the clock unless a backup innkeeper is providing relief. But I only work on an as-needed basis, if that makes sense. Some days are 14 hour days; some are essentially 0. Duties include everything under the sun LOL

Looking forward to being part of the REO family. My REO and batteries are all supposed to arrive tomorrow. Hoping that by tomorrow night I'll be up and running :)

Am I the only one who thought of Redrum reading this post?

Is the snowcat magneto intact :)

JK. Look forward to having you here amongst us. You can give us your best "honey I'm home" once you get your REO ;)

I2DX5dE.jpg

MamaTried

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Northern California
Am I the only one who thought of Redrum reading this post?

Is the snowcat magneto intact :)

JK. Look forward to having you here amongst us. You can give us your best "honey I'm home" once you get your REO ;)

I2DX5dE.jpg

have you thought about cutting your nic, sup, since you went to dual sub coils?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread