The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Your $ per ml threshold?

Discussion in 'General E-Liquid Discussion' started by genxblacksmith, Mar 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. genxblacksmith

genxblacksmith Senior Member ECF Veteran

Feb 5, 2012
    Gods Country
    I am only a month or so into vaping and have had good luck with my liquids. Not hard, I just followed along here and "presto" much good stuff. I'm reordering a few and seeking new flavors, away from tobacco. I keep in mind that I was dropping $5 or $6 a day for smokes and try not to sweat $.50-$.60 per ml cost. I understand DIY is much less expensive but I'm not there yet. I decided to try MsT's Snickerdoodle. 15 ml in the cart, plus shipping and it was way over $1 per ml. It was the first time I cringed. So what the heck, I swapped to the 30 ml, which got the cost per ml down enough to stomach. I'll likely enjoy the liquid but, I think it will difficult to justify the cost when there are so many good vapes at half $. I understand the cost to do business and don't knock them for charging what the market will bare, but for me it fell into the splurge bracket.

Do you have a $ per ml threshold? What vendor/juice do you cross it for?

2. Shel

Shel Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 23, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Here's a hot tip...

After reading several rave reviews of Health Cabin's RY4 (tobacco/caramel flavor) juice, I decided to give it a try.

*I* love it! It's my all day juice. When I leave the house for several hours, it's usually with HC's RY4 in a tank. I get home, I switch out to different juices, and different flavors, but when I'm out, it's almost always HC RY4.

It costs... wait for it.... 16 CENTS per ml, if you buy 110ml of it! They sell smaller sizes, but when I went to the site to buy some RY4, they were out of the smaller sizes, so I just decided to go for it and I wasn't dissatisfied when it arrived.

Here's the catch... (yea, there's ALWAYS a catch!)

It comes from China, and took nearly a month to arrive. However, with a giant 110ml bottle of the stuff now, I can simply make sure to order more long before this bottle goes dry!

you have to like tobacco or RY4 juices, but if you do, try this one out!

3. Dad2daBone

Dad2daBone Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 7, 2012
    Ontario, Canada
    I honestly don't care about the price of my juice. If one vendor is selling it cheaper than another I'll take the lower price. I rather have a more expensive great tasting juice than a cheaper one that is just vapeable. Not saying higher price makes for better juice, alot of times the opposite. I was spending $8-$10 a day on smokes, and no matter how much I vape in a day, I can't use $8 worth of juice.

So if you think of what you were spending on smokes.... Wouldn't you rather use the $$ to get your most enjoyable vape?

4. n9emz

n9emz Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 8, 2012
    Florida Space Coast
    Purchased 150 ml Desert Ship for $38 shipped ($0.25 ml); 45 ml JC TN Cure for $32 shipped ($0.71 ml)
    Norma's doing 1 ml/9 ml mix of DS & JCTC @ 1 ml per day....$0.30
    I'm doing approx 2 ml of DS per day @ $0.50

$0.80 per day vs. $10.70 avg for a PAD analogs

93% savings if only juice is considered.

5. Riverboat

Riverboat Vaping Master Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 15, 2012
    Arizona

6. Kemosabe

Kemosabe Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Sep 21, 2011
    Roe Dylin
    ive spent $5 for a 5mL (stupid) and ive also spent $11 for a 36mL. as long as the price is approx $0.50 - 0.60/mL im fine with it. once it gets to be more than that its gotta be REALLY good juice. but even really good ejuice isnt worth more than .75/mL. the materials just arent that expensive. you can only gouge someone so much on your intellectual property ie recipies before you become flat out greedy.

luckily one of my favorite juices is approx $0.30mL. another is .50 so im a happy camper :)

7. Alac

Alac Super Member ECF Veteran

May 27, 2011
    Phoenix, AZ
    I'll usually only pay up to .60 a ml. I may pay a little more if it comes in a glass bottle with dripper, which I'll clean out and reuse with my more afordable liquids.

On the otherhand, I stopped by a brick and morter store yesterday and payed over $18 for a 15 ml of Jhonson creek mercado, if for no other reason then to support local venders.

8. player30

player30 Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Dec 10, 2010
    Birmingham AL
    There is no threshhold for me. My favorite is $.58/ml, and I vape about 3 ml a day. I always purchase at least 5 30ml bottles when they have a 15% off sale, and so the shipping is free. I use a new carto every week or so, and am still using the original tank I bought. But I will not discuss what I have spent on my 7 GLVs!!

9. Lethalp

Lethalp Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 29, 2011
    Indiana
    If u have ordered msts juice I would def not recommend buying Dekang juice, but that's my opinion. I have wanted to try mst but have not due to the cost and it seems she is very busy. That's proli why she never has a sale, maybe she doesn't want a bigger customer base now. I will proli order at some point.

Anyhow, since u started at the tippy top, everyone else will be cheaper, u might wanna try Kick bass, Altcig, or highbrow, Altcig and highbrow have very fast shipping, but again u have ordered from msts they will seem lightening quick. I think if u ordered anything from Dekang u will be disappointed. Ymmvw

10. Princessdee

Princessdee Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Mar 23, 2009
    PA, USA
    No way am I paying over $12 for a 30ml bottle. That's my limit. (including the occasional up-charge for nic % )
    I don't care who raves about it.

Having said that, I learned to DIY and only buy a couple of flavors now premixed.

11. luceblueboy

luceblueboy Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Nov 7, 2010
    Ohio
    If the liquid is spectacular and I mean out of this world, I may spend $20 for 30ml (that was Ecopure Rich). Anything more than that is a waste of money. There's excellent vendors out there making amazing stuff for $20 or less for 30ml. I use liquids extracted from real tobaccos. That takes time, money, and effort just to master the extraction plus all the other ingredients rather than just flavorings in a base. None of them cost over $20.

12. echofinder

echofinder Super Member ECF Veteran

Jan 8, 2012
    Damascus, MD
    Mrs. T is great but real pricey - like 20 bucks for 30ml!

Blue Mist Vaping is the way to go - they do 180ml for like $30 & it is good stuff

13. Lacedolphin

Lacedolphin Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Jan 5, 2012
    Harrodsburg,Ky.
    Ms.ts is higher priced but better juice I think. I would put it in a gourmet/specialty juices like AVE or KBV. It seems they use better quality flavorings and are more personalized to the customer.

For the cheaper, bulk juices I prefer ECblend. I think there's a time and place for all juices. For me the different flavors made it possible to quit analogs.

14. pdags

pdags Full Member

Dec 29, 2011
    Florida
    I don't have a specific number but anything over $18.00 for 30ml I expect better from. If it doesn't deliver, I try other flavors\vendors or wait for sales.

15. nqabassist26

nqabassist26 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Nov 30, 2011
    SoCal
    I have no price threshold, but I tend to make sure my daily vape at the time is reasonably priced. I will pay a higher premium for something different or "exotic" or even something raved about. It's much like analogs and the personality and spending habits of people transitioned from that to this.

Some folks smoke Nat Shermans (expensive) everyday and won't touch anything else, some Marbs (mid priced) and some smoke cheapy brands all day everyday. I took that habit and brought it into vaping, I'll vape mid priced stuff as my daily, but I'm not afraid to go for the "Nat Shermans" of ejuice every once in a while, and I'm definitely not afraid to try some cheap ejuice either.

16. Ladypixel

Ladypixel Super Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 3, 2012
    La Verne, CA
    I presently don't set a price threshhold on my juice. This is not because I don't like a bargain (because believe me, I do), but because I'm not ready to DIY, and I like flavors that vary all over the spectrum. My husband's real partial to a recent purchase of an inexpensive juice... but I tend to stick with a few primary vendors, all of whom are in the $16-18 range for a 30ml.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.