Your steeping methods?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FinchX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 22, 2012
Texas
I'm actually the same way... I can't wait to try new liquids.. Impatient I know but oh we'll LOL.

I'd read where a few people would just leave the bottles wide open in certain temperatures for a couple of days, some would leave caps off but the tips on them for a week or two... And others would literally just set them aside for 2-3 weeks so I didn't know about how valid or effective some of those were, or if there are others lol

On my iPhone with Tapatalk

vengence

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2013
Turn around...
The first juice i bought was RY5 from freedom smoke usa. When I received it i immediately put some in my clearomzier to vape it and it was horrible. I heard about steeping before back then so i tried a quick steep method. I boiled it a couple of times, maybe too much, but it helped it tasted ok and was vapable. I never got the full flavor out of it though. But like I said, now that i mix my own im so impatient but the juice is excellent anyway lol

tnt56

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 30, 2012
Tripple digits half way to home
Well call the crazy wagon for me. This is my ritual for all my juice.
Upon arrival it's dated and then shaken to a frenzy, then caps off, droppers out a nice warm welcome home during this time. Then stuffed in a dark closet for min. 48 hrs.
Then it's time to wake up with capped and droppes back on and shaken again and talked to about being alone for a while. (they do have to learn the rules). Put in a dark closet and forget for 3-4 weeks. Then if I still remember them it's time to shake and VAPE ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

FinchX

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 22, 2012
Texas
Holy $%#+ ... LOL.. I can't say anything though. I have OCD quite badly and it's most noticeable in my music collection for example (helps my DJ hobby) Just over 100,000 songs, each one properly ID tagged, artwork included in the tags along BPM and key signature lol..

I'm sure I'll eventually take to steeping in one way, shape or form as my liquids collection grows, but I don't even have enough to set them aside for a month ..

If I get a liquid I simply can't vape at all but it's been highly recommended then I might give it a shot before I've got more liquids

On my iPhone with Tapatalk

vengence

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 2, 2013
Turn around...
Well call the crazy wagon for me. This is my ritual for all my juice.
Upon arrival it's dated and then shaken to a frenzy, then caps off, droppers out a nice warm welcome home during this time. Then stuffed in a dark closet for min. 48 hrs.
Then it's time to wake up with capped and droppes back on and shaken again and talked to about being alone for a while. (they do have to learn the rules). Put in a dark closet and forget for 3-4 weeks. Then if I still remember them it's time to shake and VAPE ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
lol thats awesome

alegria

Moved On
Nov 8, 2012
Sydney - Australia
I usually contact the individual vendor and ask them. They *should* know how their product is best enjoyed and make it shine.

But if all else fails I steep them for 2-3 weeks - leaving the caps of on day one and two - and every few days for a few hours if I think about it - in between lots of shaking...

MOST improve that way but not all of them.

Shipping times to Australia are usually 2 weeks minimum - so my juices are quite shaken and steeped by the time they get here but I do believe leaving them open for a couple of days makes a huge difference most of the time. And the extra steeping time never hurts!

I have too many flavours to be impatient!

FL0OD

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2009
Tulsa, OK
Unfortunately I suffer from the same ocd as others. I can't wait to try my new juice so before my order arrives I always make sure I have plenty of my favorite juice so that I won't be overly tempted to tear everything open. I always shake the new product well, open the tops, stick it somewhere safe, usually a cabinet, and let it sit for at least one day although it is primieum after about 3. I think it depends on where you get it also. If you are ordering from a vendor its probably good to ask if it is coming from their stock or not. At that point they will usually tell you whether they mix it fresh to order or not. Of course if you ask them it is fresh right off the bat your going to get a "yea its fresh". I never used to steep anything until I started buying from a vendor that mixed everything fresh and I could definitely tell the difference. Not a bad to good difference, like a good to amazing difference. Everyone's taste is subjective but I would say if you get anything fresh try it as is, then steep it and see if it actually makes a difference for you. You may not be able to tell with what you vape.

†††

boomerdude

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Here's a method you can use for all your favorite juices. Steep it, put it in a cup of hot ( not boiling ) water. When it gets to room temperature remove and take off the cap. Let it stay open in a cool dark space for at least 8 hours. Put the cap back on and let it sit for 2 days. If you can, shake it at least once a day. Try the juice a little bit each day in the PV your going to use for that juice. It could take up to a month with some juices, to ripen to their full flavor. When it taste the way you want, you'll have a method for that juice you can follow with each new batch.

Rocketpunk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Dayton, Ohio
Yep, that's how I steep them, too (minus the hot water). I stick them in a cool, dark place for a few days, shake them vigorously every chance I can get, then take the top cap off, let them be exposed to air for a day, then pop the top cap back on. Let it sit in a dark, cool place for another few days (shaking while, also). Usually within a week to 10 days, it's voila. Steeped.

RPadTV

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Planet Awesome
www.rpad.tv
I used to do two days with caps off followed by an additional two weeks, minimum, with vigorous shaking every day. On the advice of one of my favorite vendors, I'm trying a new steeping method. It's five minutes with the caps off and daily shaking. My usual steep time is three to four weeks.

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
I used to do two days with caps off followed by an additional two weeks, minimum, with vigorous shaking every day. On the advice of one of my favorite vendors, I'm trying a new steeping method. It's five minutes with the caps off and daily shaking. My usual steep time is three to four weeks.

Is that 5 min cap off just once or every day? Does that include juices that contain alcohol? If that's the case and was the advice from a certain A+ vendor I may have to modify my steeping schedule. As of now doing the 2 days cap off then 2+ week steep.

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread