Youtube juice reviews are totally Boring

Status
Not open for further replies.

tricci

ECF Veteran
May 7, 2011
Philadelphia
I think the value in juice reviews is getting exposed to different juices and finding a reviewer that has similar tastes in juices as you do. My favorite reviewer is Phil Busardo. I bought many juices he reviewed and I liked most of the juices he liked. So now when he reviews a juice and either doesn't like it or really likes I can be pretty sure I will have similar conclusions because we have similar taste in juices.

FRANKSTER

ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2011
staten island, new york
I agree with you totally. I was just wondering why this guy put this video up. I don't know how many people would agree with the title of the video. Oh well, I just thought it was weird.

I like white wedding, but must we be subjected to this...it is so painful to watch.

The_Jerkstore

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Not a huge fan of juice reviews. If there's a juice that I can't put my finger on what I'm tasting (Bobas Bounty) I like to hear someone else's take, to see what they get from it. Other than that Only juice reviews I like are Dog and Clay. I never have to fast forward through their videos. IMO, They are the best at what they do.

Equipment reviews on the other hand, I cant get enough of those. Pbusardo and Grimmgreen are the best at those.

Turnip

ECF Veteran
Mar 24, 2011
Australia
Thank you thank you thank you OP.

I know taste is subjective, but damn why post a review of something if you're just going to passively praise it. I'm fairly new to the vaping world, but I could tell you right now that I can only handle YT review in small doses. I'd rather read pages of reviews than watch crappy videos. If reviewers heeded to these guidelines, i would watch them more often.

1. KILL the music intro. Music taste varies, not all of your watchers are gonna want to sit through your awesome music. Plus if you have some heavy/singer sounds like a tortured bear/death metal playing for an intro, and then proceed to review something like MsT's Strawberry Shortcake....guess how seriously I will take you. One night almost every video I checked out started off with heavy metal or smooth jazz...wtf.

2. Don't show me the box it came in. Cardboard is not that interesting.
*unless the package came from amazon. amazon shipping is always amusing.

3. Don't be afraid to say something negative and if you do, stand by what you say. Fellow consumers are the best support we have. I personally value user/peer review over "expert" reviews.

4. If you are going to put yourself on a public forum and share what may be valuable information, take some time to familiarize yourself with the english language. Read up and practice public speaking before you press record. I'm not asking for perfection, but good lord enunciate!! keep the "Uh and ummmm's" to a minimum. Don't record while you're high or intoxicated. Please talk with some sort of enthusiasm. I hate people who speak like they don't give two _____'s about what they are doing.

Just my $0.02

I so agree with your comments 1000% Purple Bandit-
When I started vaping I would go to the UTube Videos hoping for some instruction, but I found the presentation quite off putting- not just juice reviews but general reviews of everything relating to vaping-
Is it too much to ask for the presenters to tidy themselves up a little? Do we need pounding heavy metal and swirling colours,
Do we need to have to look down the throat and see the tonsils of the presenter, as he demonstrates his vapour blowing ?
After spending a coupling of hours trawling through messy clothes, messy hair,slang, dark glasses, masses of vapour, horrible music , open mouths blowing vapour at the camera, many potential vapers older than 18 will simply wonder what the heck?? then take some aspirin and wonder why they wanted to do this in the first place,
Guess I'm just too old!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread