Youtube juice reviews are totally Boring

Status
Not open for further replies.

FRANKSTER

ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2011
staten island, new york
I know I am going to catch all types of snide remarks and alot heat for this thread, but I must argue the point that these juice reviews are totally boring and lame. I understand that the people who give these reviews help the community in a big way and I commend them for that. But, I am sorry...they need to get a little more realistic with their reviews.

The first thing they start out saying is that joe from xyz sent them a few juices to try out. Stop right there...Your review is tainted already, I do not need to go any further than that. They should go out and purchase the juice, then review it. Once you say my friend joe from xyz sent the juice, come on, get real. I do not care how many disclaimers they put out, your review is tainted.

I watch one review after another and 9 out of 10 times the juice is great. The odds of that are probably astronomical based on what I have tasted over the last 2 months. I want a reviewer to give me a review from his guts and tell me really what he thinks about some of these juices that taste just horrible and make you gag.

This is a bad review. I am just paraphrasing here:

( I really do not care for the taste of this juice, but of course this is subjective, and maybe you guys out there might like this type of flavor) That is a total cope out. I want to hear something like this:

The juice is just horrible and totally disgusting and I cannot recommend this do anyone and I would not vape it if I received it free of charge. Now that is a bad review. Tell me something that I can walk away it. If you are just going to tell me it's subjective. Why are you doing the review. Shut the camera off, go to your couch and watch tv, you're a winner!

I have a link below where this reviewer kept apologizing because the juice sucked and still he gave it an overall rating of 5 out of 10. He said the juice tasted like vomit on the exhale. Fine, there is no reason for the apologies. He just kept apologizing Please people, you are the customer, you need to hear the how good and how disgusting some of these juices are.

They have no problem praising a juice so why can they not say it sucks. The vendors need us, we do not need them. I do not want to knock the vendors but when a juice sucks, I want to hear it and I do not want the reviewer to apologize. I know I am going to get hammered for this thread, but I have to stand up and say what I think and feel. I think I have a valid argument here and I will not apologize for it.

So, come one and come all, this is not the Frankster's first time to the rodeo.
I can take all the criticism in the world. I know at least that I have the courage to say what I feel.

Also, I hope that this thread is not locked by the powers that be. This is a forum and I should be allowed to speak my peace.

Johnson Creek Smoke Juice E-liquid Review (Original Tobacco; 16mg) - YouTube

melloyello

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2011
usa
juice reviews do nothing for me. i actually find them pointless and havent watched a single one. why? because taste is subjective, as you can read on forums. someone might love bobs, the next guy hates it. i know this isnt exactly what you were complaining about and to a degree i can understand the frustration.

hardware (e cigs) is a different story, although that can (and does) vary from user to user as well....but if something doesnt work, then something doesnt work....and if something leaks, then it leaks, you cant sugar coat it.

mariahpoo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2011
Oroville
I agree. I saw one where a lady said bacon was good. But honestly I think that was the only review I have seen where they were not givin the juice/ friends with the guy at the company. She honestly liked to vap bacon. How many other people have liked the bacon flavor? I have seen it countless times in the worst juice thread, But I don't think I have ever seen someone say it was good, or that they were vaping it right now. lol

nanovapr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2011
Catatonic State, USA
I agree, there are some reviewers that are good entertainers, no matter what they say. Like any good entertainer they are well, entertaining!

As far as what they are actually saying, to me a well-written review in text can convey everything. They're talking about taste, and video doesn't really express that better than words. It boils down to "I like this one", or "Wow, look at the vape this makes" or "I don't like this one".

I take them all with a grain of salt. Taste is so personally subjective, nobody else's taste preference will be exactly like mine. Or yours. One exception could be, say that I know that I liked fruit flavors. Reviewer XYZ has reviewed a lot of fruit flavors, I tried them, and I liked them. Armed with that background of knowing that Reviewer XYZ and I have similar tastes, I have a higher chance of liking any new fruit flavors that Reviewer XYZ likes.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
I think some of the reviews are fun to watch, but I have to agree that they provide limited useful information. Taste is such a subjective thing. And what tastes good today... maybe not so much next month.

The other problem I have with liquid reviews - video or not - is descriptions like "Oh Wow!" aren't really helping. I know I have a hard time describing what can be very subtle taste sensations in certain liquids. We really need a tasting lexicon, of sorts, with clear definitions of different types of tastes that one runs across in liquids. "Oh Wow!" and "Yuck!" would be the first two descriptions excluded from said lexicon.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA

WyattDerp

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 28, 2011
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
I dunno. The credibility starts to go down hill if said reviewer has actually tasted a urinal cake at some point... :cry:

I see your point, and he does mention that he has not, repeat NOT, tasted a urinal cake. I thought it was funny. I for one love review videos regarding equipment so I can learn more about a product before buying it, but juices and tastes are so subjective I won't rely on a video reviewer's opinion before going out and buying juice. Especially since some of them recommend juices that cost an arm and a leg.

dmj4

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 1, 2011
TN
I love to watch the reviews. I do really like Dog and Clay's. My one wish would be that reviewers not kill time. I am in the woods, so I have limited internet usage. I know most people don't have to deal with keeping track of their internet, but when you do it makes the 10 min reviews that say 2 min worth of info frustrating.

Raynen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2010
CT
gamingraynen.blogspot.com
I like to watch and read reviews so I know that someone else has at least tried it :lol: I know of some people who do get samples to try out from various companies, but I don't think they're going to exactly conspire and try to tell everyone it's amazing stuff when it's not. I've been thinking of doing a few video reviews myself, but then again I do find some of them highly entertaining, while others can be boring.

:vapor: Regardless, vape on my friends :)

mariahpoo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2011
Oroville
I love to watch the reviews. I do really like Dog and Clay's. My one wish would be that reviewers not kill time. I am in the woods, so I have limited internet usage. I know most people don't have to deal with keeping track of their internet, but when you do it makes the 10 min reviews that say 2 min worth of info frustrating.

I would like this + 1,0000 if I could. And not for lack of internet. I don't want to hear a lot of fluff! I want to see the hit and know what its like. If you do some funny stuff too... then that is great. But I don't want to hear about the package it came in.

mariahpoo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2011
Oroville
I like to watch and read reviews so I know that someone else has at least tried it :lol: I know of some people who do get samples to try out from various companies, but I don't think they're going to exactly conspire and try to tell everyone it's amazing stuff when it's not. I've been thinking of doing a few video reviews myself, but then again I do find some of them highly entertaining, while others can be boring.

:vapor: Regardless, vape on my friends :)

I think I want to start doing some reviews too. I tried Carmel macchiado while skyping with my mom. She knew I hated it by the look no my face. I can act... but my initial reaction is true. I am not one of those who can keep a strait face. Unless I practice. So.... I will try to bring you some vid reviews. NOT promising anything.... but I have a cam and stuff. :p

stevejo

Supplier
ECF Veteran
Apr 28, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Yeah, juice reviews in general (as far as taste) are tough to do. The taste component is so subjective that what tastes great to one person may taste like ... to another. However, the reviews that I watch and that I do (I do text, not video; the whole internet doesn't need to deal with staring at me for ten minutes to hear my two cents on a juice) I pay special attention to the flavor strength, throat hit, and vapor production.

That said, even things like that can be subjective. What is a harsh throat hit to me may be slightly mild to another, and what may be just weak wimpy vapor to me may be the largest cloud someone else has ever seen.

kickitback

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 28, 2009
NC
I agree with frankster. Give me a legit review not some total BS. If its really good, tell me why, if it sucks, be honest and say it. It's not that hard, we pay good money for juice and it can get rather expensive if you vape alot and even though I don't base my juice purchases of YouTube review it's still nice to see a good/bad review of a supplier I never used before.

I like Grimm Green reviews, he will tell you what he honeslty thinks even if he got the juice for free and that's what I like to see.

Uma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2010
Calif
I like knowing if it's carto friendly, atty killing (but oh so good and worth it if you have lots of attys on hand), what the TH is so I'll know whether to get lower mg or not, and if it's sweet or not sweet.

PBsuerdo does just that with the tanks and BB. Love that! Is it BB friendly?? He'll tell you if it's BB friendly or not. :)

SteelJan ... you can tell when the flavor is good... it's written all over her face. Same with TH and Vapor.

Some reviewers are making the yuck face even when they're just reviewing a mod they love. What's up with that? Same with their flavor reviews I imagine.

Lisa66

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2011
Florida
I do get a kick out of Dog and Clay's reviews on You Tube. They will say if they don't like something. I am an unflavored vaper, so juice reviews really don't do anything for me, but watching people vape crab juice is a hoot.

You should watch PBursardo's Reviews....

Both Dog and Clay, and pbusardo make great reviews. The reason they are great is because they are brief, get right to the point, are consistent in the way they rate every juice, don't torture you with too much onscreen vaping, and often have humor injected into them. There are some others out there that approach it this way too.

Unfortunately, most are just not like that. Who wants to watch a "review" by someone who makes a huge show out of the actual vaping (over and over and over) and stretches a review of one juice to a 7-10 minute show?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread