Status
Not open for further replies.

mariahpoo

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2011
Oroville
Hello people...I have a link below of Phil Busardo doing a review on a e-cig kit. Let me start off by saying that I think Phil is the best reviewer out there, bar none. The guy even shows you a chart of juice prices and shipping. That is how you do a review.

Watch how he decimates this kit...this is the way it is supposed to be done. I still have a slight gripe with Phil on his juice reviews though. He is too soft on juices he thinks suck...I would like to see him talk about juices the way he talks about kits. He is most definitely the best the vaping world has at the moment, without question and yet his juice reviews are boring to me.
Watch how it is done.

A PBusardo Review - TGO from HoosierEcigSupply - YouTube

Boy, I truly have no life...it's 7am and I am writing a post on ecf...my lord god, help me

That was an excellent review. :)

Tallmaan84

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 6, 2011
Jacksonville, NC
I think once i get internet back in my house im going to start reviewing some of the juices i have tried. I am one of the few people that will tell you exactly how i feel about the taste of a juice, the quality, etc. I also agree that most juice reviews are mundane and say the same thing for the most part. I like the juice blah blah blah. Also on the hardware side, I DON'T WANT INSTRUCTIONS!! Show me the vaping on the product i don't care about your stupid tank mod you made so you could vape for hours that's material for another video. I unfortunately have wasted too much time watching mundane and boring YouTube vids on juice only to be disappointed again because this guy/girl's voice is monotone and the whole video lack originality. IF i had a company sending me free juices to review i would give them my honest and my still unprofessional opinion. If the juice tastes like burning rubber like the Caramel Kicker from AVE does then I'm going to say it. If said company stops sending me juices to review then thats their problem not mine. STOP PULLING PUNCHES people. Simply stated, The juice sucks and this is why; OR This juice blew my socks off. I wrote a review on JC Tennessee Cured and the only reason i couldn't say more is because i have NEVER tasted anything like that. So to all of you YouTube reviewers grab your boys and tell us like it is.

nanovapr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2011
Catatonic State, USA
I think once i get internet back in my house im going to start reviewing some of the juices i have tried. {snip}

Well spoken, but you might throw in a carriage return once in a while, on a written review. Two hundred and fifty eight words in a row?

Last edited:

FRANKSTER

ECF Veteran
Oct 13, 2011
staten island, new york
I think once i get internet back in my house im going to start reviewing some of the juices i have tried. I am one of the few people that will tell you exactly how i feel about the taste of a juice, the quality, etc. I also agree that most juice reviews are mundane and say the same thing for the most part. I like the juice blah blah blah. Also on the hardware side, I DON'T WANT INSTRUCTIONS!! Show me the vaping on the product i don't care about your stupid tank mod you made so you could vape for hours that's material for another video. I unfortunately have wasted too much time watching mundane and boring YouTube vids on juice only to be disappointed again because this guy/girl's voice is monotone and the whole video lack originality. IF i had a company sending me free juices to review i would give them my honest and my still unprofessional opinion. If the juice tastes like burning rubber like the Caramel Kicker from AVE does then I'm going to say it. If said company stops sending me juices to review then thats their problem not mine. STOP PULLING PUNCHES people. Simply stated, The juice sucks and this is why; OR This juice blew my socks off. I wrote a review on JC Tennessee Cured and the only reason i couldn't say more is because i have NEVER tasted anything like that. So to all of you YouTube reviewers grab your boys and tell us like it is.

Tell them baby...tell it like it is and that means both good and bad. It appears to me that if you do not have a positive thing to say, you are not welcome in this community..I thought this was still AMERICA. What ever happened to the phrase"I may disagree with what you say, but I will defend with my life, your right to say it"

I do not see that on this forum and that is sad. Go get em baby...tell everyone what you think.

Nikkita6

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
New York
I finally got a chance to view Vapians eJuice Review videos and I am toally impressed. 4 thumbs up!!

Here's one (for the curious).
VwV- Lone Wolf e-Smokes Nicquid Review - YouTube

I thought you did a really good job with this review. I would usually agree with the OP in that the average juice review videos are useless, and the reviewer usually comes across as someone simply jumping on the "I wanna be somebody on youtube bandwagon" ... Your review on the other hand was intelligent, clear and concise, and while taste is subjective, the information you provided can help the viewer decide whether the juice being reviewed is something they might like to try.

So again great job!

Nikkita6

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
New York
Tell them baby...tell it like it is and that means both good and bad. It appears to me that if you do not have a positive thing to say, you are not welcome in this community..I thought this was still AMERICA. What ever happened to the phrase"I may disagree with what you say, but I will defend with my life, your right to say it"

I do not see that on this forum and that is sad. Go get em baby...tell everyone what you think.

LMAO! ... I can tell you are from New York ( I am too, born and raised, now temporarily stranded in Canada :S ), not to be stereotypical or anything, but "keeping it real" is a living philosophy for many NY'ers, so I ain't mad at cha :p

I think many of the infinite # of ecig/juice reviewers on Youtube do it because they want to be a "visible" part of the community of vaping (and there is nothing wrong with this ), not because they have the most sound knowledge base, or the oratory/instructional skills to deliver an intelligent and useful review video ... Great reviewers are like Great Teachers, far and few between... but at least they do exist ;-)

RichieRich

ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2009
Naperville, IL
I confess I have watched way too many bad juice reviews. My preference though if I want to watch a review is to head over to Dog and Clay's channel. Short, sweet, to the point.

Some of the examples of reviews Frankster has given are downright ridiculous. It proves all you need is a webcam and internet so submit a juice review. Charisma and public speaking skills are required for a good juice review though.

Mr. Buttflakes

ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2011
Missouri

jplanet

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 27, 2010
NJ
Yeah, I don't buy the video reviews for juices, either. I also get a kick out of the demographic that seems to make up most of the reviewers - they are mostly 20-something "dudes" with baseball caps and goatees - I especially love when you can hear their girlfriends coming home from work in the background! LOL...Besides, even if the reactions are honest, there is no way to form an opinion of a juice on the first try - you have to have time to acclimate to it. Also, the taste of a juice has everything to do with whatever you're used to. If you vape fruit flavors and keep changing them all day, you'll respond differently than someone who has one or two tobacco juices going most of the time.

I do like videos for hardware reviews and maintenance tutorials, though...None of the PV's have decent manuals, so those come in handy.

Jerry B

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 19, 2011
Nashville TN
Please allow me to fan the flames a little higher. First off if you dont like juice reviews then i would say.....they likely were not meant for you. Others however not only enjoy the reviews but depend on them. When i was a new vaper i watched every review out there, i needed to learn what others thought. I also needed to know what was available. I still watch the reviews but i rarely see them as a holy portent of my personal vaping experience. Some of you have said you like a review that is short and gets to the point. In the same breath you utter those glorious words we have all spoken before "taste is subjective". i will get to that in a sec. I want you to ask yourself this lets say i am doing a review. I pop on camera (with the required heavy metal riff) i say hey this is juice X and i like it. End of review?

Come on what makes a reviewer good is there ability to captivate us and make us interested in what they have to say. Ok ok some times a reviewer gets carried away and drags on for longer than need be, but thats cool too. Now back to that whole subjective part. I say this now taste is NOT as subjective as you are led to believe. Sure your "taste" are subjective. But at the end of the day vaping a juice that taste like cat vomit, IT STILL TASTE LIKE CAT VOMIT!

Some juices are just BAD, you may like them but is it really because it taste good to you or because you dont know any better? When i first started vaping i was using a eGo T, man i thought it was great i thought i could taste the flavors so well. Then i tried better rigs better cartos etc. I realized i thought i knew what i was talking about but had so much more to learn.

I like cartos, i cant stand dripping.........THAT is subjective. But we can all vape a juice and most of us would agree that the juice had lots of flavor or was weak. You might like said flavor but anyone who has been vaping for more than a month has tasted a gallon worth of juice lol

Dont get me wrong i dont go out and buy a juice just because some guy on youtube says its good. A review is just a good starting point.

Now since your talking about reviews i can tell you the stuff i cant stand about a review. INTROS ok so you can make these cool little flashy intro, goody for you. Nothing wrong with the one off intro, but if you are doing tons of reviews that cute little intro gets real boring. Also dont try and impress me with a intro that looks like you hired Light Sound and Magic studios to make it only to follow it with a crappy video. I hate it when your vid looks like it was filmed in a alley by candle light. i agree with others ditch the freaking heavy metal. If you get on cam dressed like Rob Halford (if you dont know who he is your too young), then by all means play some heavy metal. But if your a geek (nothing wrong with that, some of my best friends are) then choose a little more .....um...er mellow for lack of a better word lol

You have to remember a lot of vapers are older and not really into your metal (i do like metal im just saying...) Have a little personality will ya. Dont get on and read in a monotone voice. If you can't show interest in what your doing why should we care either. I will agree that if people are giving you stuff to review your review is tainted. That does not mean i think your dishonest. But what it does mean is that someone says hey i want you to review this juice (juice A). That does not mean that juice A is a juice you would go out and buy only means this is what they want to to try.

If you went out and bought bolbas bounty and review it because you LIKE tobacco flavors then its a legit review. But if your reviewing it only because someone stuffed it in your face, well that does not mean you would spend YOUR money on it.

Anyway in closing i do like reviews just because it helps me learn about what people like, i make my own choices. To be honest with you perhaps i should listen to reviewers more often cause a LOT of my choices SUCK lol

and BTW Vapian if you are reading this. I love your reviews and am subscribed to your channel. You seem really down to earth and i like that.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Juice reviews can be helpful if you are looking for certain characteristics. I don't care for harsh throat hit. If someone is reviewing RY4 type juices and classifies them as mild, smooth, or heavy, that's helpful to me.

Taste is subjective. It's helpful if someone says that a juice tastes like something totally different, then that's a help. People are split over Coke and Pepsi. They are similar tastes, but most fall to one or the other and have a specific preference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread