Question for the sub-ohm crowd

Status
Not open for further replies.

sbmqcy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2013
Quincy, IL, USA
Thanks everyone. What you're saying makes sense. This wouldn't be the first time that something I've read or that has been taught has become overtaken by events. 4th-6th grades were fun in geography and social studies while they tried to work out what the heck happened with the old ussr.

So basically, what I'm hearing is two-fold--first, the chart is outdated; and second, use your own judgement to determine the best vaping experience for you.

So for example, right now I'm using a KP low res atty on my aurora and the vape seems to me to be unpleasantly hot and dry. If I were able, I should be opening up a slightly larger vent or turning down the voltage, right?

ETA: yup, that definitely smoothed things out. But when my reo/rm2 comes, what I'll be doing is adjusting coil position and maybe even building a slightly higher res coil to deal with this, since I can't adjust voltage.

Sent from my mobile

Last edited:

sbmqcy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 5, 2013
Quincy, IL, USA
I'm using vw, but the principle is the same. I guess the airflow must be different with the KP atty than the stock dc head. I do find it interesting that what is supposed to minimize fiddling and make it set and forget, vw, is not capable of compensating for this difference. The dc head shows as 1.8 ohms, while the KP head shows 1.4. At 10w, the KP head is harsh, but the dc head is perfect. Dropping the KP head to 6w really smooths things out.

Sent from my mobile

pdib

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2012
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
Thanks everyone. What you're saying makes sense. This wouldn't be the first time that something I've read or that has been taught has become overtaken by events. 4th-6th grades were fun in geography and social studies while they tried to work out what the heck happened with the old ussr.

So basically, what I'm hearing is two-fold--first, the chart is outdated; and second, use your own judgement to determine the best vaping experience for you.

So for example, right now I'm using a KP low res atty on my aurora and the vape seems to me to be unpleasantly hot and dry. If I were able, I should be opening up a slightly larger vent or turning down the voltage, right?

ETA: yup, that definitely smoothed things out. But when my reo/rm2 comes, what I'll be doing is adjusting coil position and maybe even building a slightly higher res coil to deal with this, since I can't adjust voltage.

Sent from my mobile

Yes, with experimentation, you might be finding the wire gauge and coil resistance that pleases you. Many people also enlarge the air hole on their rebuildable dripping atomizer in this process.

jcalis1394

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2013
Miami, FL
Yes, with experimentation, you might be finding the wire gauge and coil resistance that pleases you. Many people also enlarge the air hole on their rebuildable dripping atomizer in this process.
This. I couldn't believe it myself just how important airflow is. It completely changes the vaping experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread