Zenith Coil life Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sunny Rai

Oct 24, 2019
I have recently had a very poor experience with Z Coil 0.80

I have been using Zenith D22 tank with Coolfire since about March 2019 and 0.80 coil typically lasts me about 2 weeks (juice consumption about 2 - 2.5ml per day)

Recently I bought Kroma/Zenith kit and a pack of Z Coil 0.80 - this pack of coils I have had a very poor experience. 2 coils lasted me about a week each, 1 coil lasted 4 days, 1 coil lasted just 2 days and 1 coil went “dead” after just one day.

I use Black Note brand juice

I am wondering if this is due to the new tank or if just this particular pack of coils was poorly made.

Falconeer

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 27, 2015
Dunoon, West of Scotland.
It's no comfort but you do get batches of duff coils - I thought my old Nauti Minis were dying when I was in Spain last Winter as they gurgled and flooded before quickly giving up the ghost and when they did fire they only did so weakly. When I got back to the UK and tried them with coils from my stash things went back to normal.

When I did used coloured and flavoured juices some years back I found a week or so's life from a coil to be normal.

By and large I've found Zenith coils to be excellent - but I use clear unflavored or menthol liquids now with the 1.6 ohm coils and get up to 6 weeks out of them.

All I can suggest is trying a new pack of coils to see if this is just a blip.

I know the frustration you must be feeling and hope you get a solution soon.

Iron Molly

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 27, 2010
State of Anxiety
I have recently had a very poor experience with Z Coil 0.80

I have been using Zenith D22 Tank with Coolfire since about March 2019 and 0.80 coil typically lasts me about 2 weeks (Juice consumption about 2 - 2.5ml per day)

Recently I bought Kroma/Zenith kit and a pack of Z Coil 0.80 - this pack of coils I have had a very poor experience. 2 coils lasted me about a week each, 1 coil lasted 4 days, 1 coil lasted just 2 days and 1 coil went “dead” after just one day.

I use Black Note brand juice

I am wondering if this is due to the new tank or if just this particular pack of coils was poorly made.

I have had some bad luck with the .8 coils lasting only a week. The 1.6 seem to last much longer. Not sure if I also got a bad batch of the .8, or if the 1.6 are just longer lasting in general. I do flavored juice, and some of them are coil gunkers.

Sunny Rai

Oct 24, 2019
It's no comfort but you do get batches of duff coils - I thought my old Nauti Minis were dying when I was in Spain last Winter as they gurgled and flooded before quickly giving up the ghost and when they did fire they only did so weakly. When I got back to the UK and tried them with coils from my stash things went back to normal.

When I did used coloured and flavoured juices some years back I found a week or so's life from a coil to be normal.

By and large I've found Zenith coils to be excellent - but I use clear unflavored or menthol liquids now with the 1.6 ohm coils and get up to 6 weeks out of them.

All I can suggest is trying a new pack of coils to see if this is just a blip.

I know the frustration you must be feeling and hope you get a solution soon.

Thanks. Yes I guess it might just have been a poor batch

Reactions: Falconeer

Nermal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2013
Farmington, NM USA
I have had some bad luck with the .8 coils lasting only a week. The 1.6 seem to last much longer. Not sure if I also got a bad batch of the .8, or if the 1.6 are just longer lasting in general. I do flavored juice, and some of them are coil gunkers.
I'm using the Zenith with the 1.6. That's the one that came installed, so it's been a month without problem. As I say, it's the 1.6. Also, I'm using unflavored liquid. I've got several packs of the .8, so I hope someone has good news about them.

Just Want To Quit

ECF Veteran
Nov 26, 2015
San Fernando Valley, So-Cal
Been using the OG Zenith tank and 1.6ohm coils for nearly 4 months straight. I have no idea how you guys are getting 6 weeks out of these. The most I got was with 7daze apple juice (a semi clear liquid) and that was 2 weeks and about 1500 puffs.

Lets just say.. that... never happened again. On average, I get about a week now if I'm lucky.. counting in anywhere between 500 and 800 draws. I'm using nothing but salts and very few dark salts at that. Vaptasia Killer custard on the 1.6 gives me only about a week as I said.

Don't really care too much since I'm on the last hoorah in my vaping journey, but I would like to see these improved as much as the rest of you.

Jebbn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2018
safe distance from a black hole
Been using the OG Zenith tank and 1.6ohm coils for nearly 4 months straight. I have no idea how you guys are getting 6 weeks out of these. The most I got was with 7daze apple juice (a semi clear liquid) and that was 2 weeks and about 1500 puffs.

Lets just say.. that... never happened again. On average, I get about a week now if I'm lucky.. counting in anywhere between 500 and 800 draws. I'm using nothing but salts and very few dark salts at that. Vaptasia Killer custard on the 1.6 gives me only about a week as I said.

Don't really care too much since I'm on the last hoorah in my vaping journey, but I would like to see these improved as much as the rest of you.
I use 1.6ohm coils and get 6weeks no problem, *generally*.
I vape unflavoured and freebase with 5-9% distilled water instead of PG 95'ish% of the time.
If I use salts coil life is shortened but Ive never bothered to check the difference. I dont use salts enough but have one rta set up with salts and even with unflavoured the look of a coil after 1week is quite bad compared to a rta set up for freebase unflavoured.
When I have had a zenith set up for a flavoured juice I have been surprised at how different the life span is, a considerably shorter life span.

The other thing to consider is some people use 2ml of juice a day and other run through 12ml a day, and others everything in between.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread