Zephyrus, help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JonasDK

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2013
Denmark
Hey guys.

I can't seem to get my zephyrus to wick correctly. I feel like I've tryed every wicking method out there, but nothing really seems to work for me. I'm not exactly getting dry hits, but I can taste that the wicks aren't getting saturated enough.
I've been thinking about putting in bigger coils, to see if that would help. Right now I have 2mm coils in there, and I thing that I might be able to squeeze in a couple of 2.5mm coils. But I feel like it would mess up the airflow.
What do you guys think? Any advice?

Two_Bears

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2015
Northern Arizona
Hey guys.

I can't seem to get my zephyrus to wick correctly. I feel like I've tryed every wicking method out there, but nothing really seems to work for me. I'm not exactly getting dry hits, but I can taste that the wicks aren't getting saturated enough.
I've been thinking about putting in bigger coils, to see if that would help. Right now I have 2mm coils in there, and I thing that I might be able to squeeze in a couple of 2.5mm coils. But I feel like it would mess up the airflow.
What do you guys think? Any advice?

I had a Zepherus but sold it.

Sounds as if the cotton is too tight inside the coil. Re wick and have the cotton fill the coil but a little bit loose so the wick can slide inside the coil.

JonasDK

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2013
Denmark
I've used 2.5mm coils in the zephyrus, still had good airflow. Try posting a pic, tough to say what is wrong without it.

I've tried putting in 2.5mm coils, and they actually worked pretty well, except that they restricted the airflow quite a bit. And since the airflow was the main reason why I bought this tank I would really like to get the 2mm coils to work.

Wicking its tricky , I've tired grims method, and a couple others. It's been a pain to get right but when you get it right and it doesn't flood all your juice out it's a great tank with amazing flavor. it does guzzle juice down but worth it!

I've also tried a few different methods, and grims is the one that have worked the best for me. But it's still not quite there.

I'm just going to re-wick it, and post pics of how I do it. Maybe you guys can see what I'm doing wrong.

JonasDK

ECF Veteran
Mar 1, 2013
Denmark
So I just re-wicked it, and I think that I actually came pretty close to getting it right this time.

Here is how I did it. Maybe you guys can give me some pointers.
Sorry about the picture-quality. The macro-function on my camera isn't the best.

So here is the previous wick I had in there. There's barely any cotton in the juice-channels.
1.jpg

And here it is all cleaned up, and ready for new wicks.
2.JPG

Here are the wicks cut at an angle. I also trimmed a little of the top. After I took the picture I snipped a little more of the ends.
3.JPG

Bend the wicks up.
4.JPG

Carefully put on the cap.
5.JPG

Gently push the wicks down towards the juice-channels.
6.JPG

I had cut the wicks a bit too shot, so I tucked a little cotton in at each of the channels.
7.JPG

Juiced it up, and ready to go.
8.JPG

I've gone trough half a tank by now, and I'm pretty close to getting it right.
It still tastes a little dry, and chain-vaping is defiantly out of the question.
So if you have any pointers for me I'll be happy to hear them.

slightlystoop

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2015
Ur looks what I do, although I don't tuck the tails up when I put the cap on. I do everything the same tho, I still can't chain vape really I can take about 3-5 second hits at 60 watts stinks I love the flavor I get from this. I have to say the aromamizer rdta has spoiled me with chain vaping at high wattages with not a single dry hit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread