Zero Nic Juices, Zero Throat Hit WHY?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
Pg, vg, and flavoring vapor doesn't provide throat hit, the nic is what brings the kick. You'll have to get used to no throat hit if no nic is what you want; just something to get used to. High menthol or cinnamon vapes may provide a little hit, but won't be the same as nic juices. A high vg ratio combined with a high wattage set-up may provide a fullness that might be satifying.

Sent from my LGL55C using Tapatalk 2

joelj

ECF Veteran
Nov 7, 2012
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Pg, vg, and flavoring vapor doesn't provide throat hit, the nic is what brings the kick. You'll have to get used to no throat hit if no nic is what you want; just something to get used to. High menthol or cinnamon vapes may provide a little hit, but won't be the same as nic juices. A high vg ratio combined with a high wattage set-up may provide a fullness that might be satifying.

I'm vaping a 60/40 juice. So 80/20 might do the trick? Still I think a 6mg juice will be great...

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 4

Jerms

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2011
Fargo
I apologize for posting misinformation. I'm not sure where I heard that from but thanks for clarifying.

You were on the right track. Higher pg does often provide a better throat hit than high vg in nic juices. For low nic vapers who want more throat hit, higher pg ratio often helps. It only helps with nicotine liquid though, pg by itself doesn't have throat hit. Some property of vg smooths down the throat hit provided by nic more than pg does. I've never seen an explaination why vg does that, but it's usually the case.

Alchemy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2013
SoCal
You were on the right track. Higher pg does often provide a better throat hit than high vg in nic juices. For low nic vapers who want more throat hit, higher pg ratio often helps. It only helps with nicotine liquid though, pg by itself doesn't have throat hit. Some property of vg smooths down the throat hit provided by nic more than pg does. I've never seen an explaination why vg does that, but it's usually the case.

Ah that makes perfect sense now thank you for the explanation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread