Zeus X Flooding

Status
Not open for further replies.

mitsumi22

Mar 17, 2019
Good day,

I just recently bought my Zeus X.

i just noticed that my deck floods even if i have enough cotton.

I then rewicked, reseat the glass and other change the rubbers but its still floods my deck.

Im guessing its the funnel inside, i tried to push it till it clicks/lock then screw it back but still floods.

Can someone help?

Sorry if i post it here, please move my post if not allowed.

• Useful
Reactions: tailland

Geekvape_Official

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2017
www.geekvape.com
Good day,

I then rewicked, reseat the glass and other change the rubbers but its still floods my deck.

Im guessing its the funnel inside, i tried to push it till it clicks/lock then screw it back but still floods.

Can someone help?

Sorry for the problem. Can you take some pictures of your deck with coil building on it and send the pictures to support@geekvape.com by Email? We need to check the details.

Letitia

Citrus Junkie
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2017
West Frankfort, IL
Good day,

Can someone help?

Welcome to ECF.
We could be more helpful if you would tell us about the build you are using (wire, diameter, resistance, etc) and what wick you are using.

mitsumi22

Mar 17, 2019
i have this sorted out.

Not the wicking but the gasket or the o-ring that comes with the package.

i used a rounded o-ring instead of the flat o-ring and its not flooding anymore.

Attachments

• IMG_2618.JPG
    IMG_2618.JPG
    959.8 KB · Views: 365
  • IMG_2622.JPG
    IMG_2622.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 352
  • IMG_2623.JPG
    IMG_2623.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 358

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
The inner chamber on the rta is the usual cause of flooding or leaking. There is a small o-ring at the top of it and it needs to be pushed into the top chamber to lock in place. If it isn't sealed, the tank will flood and even leak out the top of the RTA. Don't just place the inner chamber over the wick, lock it in place in the top chamber then assemble.

geek_vape_zeus_x_25mm_rta_parts.jpg

Derek Cross

ECF Veteran
May 16, 2015
Weird. Mine never flooded unless I didn’t have enough wick in the little ports to inhibit juice flow(or too much flow). Either that or anytime I would release pressure by taking the top cap off to refill while the atty is still hot. You should always wait at least 15 to 20 minutes after your last pull on an rta before refilling. This is because,we’ll I believe that the heat from inside the chamber is much hotter than it is outside and the pressure rises as it gets hotter and when you release the pressure while it’s at its hottest, you have a “flood” of cooler juice/air trying to get in while hotter juice/air tries to get out.

I’m no scientist and please correct me if I’m wrong here. This is just what I imagine is happening:lol: I probably could have did a better job at explaining but real words aren’t coming to me atm:)

Dino1970

May 2, 2016
I've had this tank for about a week. (the coil version not the mesh version) Had leaking/flooding/mouth full of juice issues since my first build. Went to all the reddits etc, tried the press-fit fix, messed with all kinds of coil setups, all variations of wicking etc. Still getting a mouthful of juice and leaking through the airflow holes.

This is what fixed it for me. Replacing the small clear o-ring inside the fill cap. The factory installed one was really cheap and janky and kindof flat rather than round. The o-ring from the baggy is noticeably thicker and rounder.

After installing the o-ring from the baggy I can even overfill just a little and never a single drop leaking out. Now I realise this tank is very forgiving with wicking and coil placement, doesn't seem to matter now with regards to leaking. Bad seal allows juice to flow from the juice fill holes and into the mouthpiece.

If anyone is still having this issue I would suggest replace this o-ring first, then try the press fit method, then look at your wicking.

photo 1.jpg
photo 2.jpg
photo.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread