zeus X spit back or flooding

Status
Not open for further replies.

Medo9312

Oct 31, 2016
Saudi Arabia
Hello there,
I have an existing problem with the Zeus X spit back or flooding I don't know the term exactly, but I fell always the liquid coming up as a liquid in my mouth from the drip tip.
I tried many setups as per the users here and some youtubers but with no benefit.
I also tried hammering the main tank chamber like some people did on youtube but still the same problem exists.
the photo below may help.
Imgur

thanks for your cooperation in advance.

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hello there,
I have an existing problem with the Zeus X spit back or flooding I don't know the term exactly, but I fell always the liquid coming up as a liquid in my mouth from the drip tip.
I tried many setups as per the users here and some youtubers but with no benefit.
I also tried hammering the main tank chamber like some people did on youtube but still the same problem exists.
Imgur

Hi,
Please detail your build and a photo of same would be useful.

Cheers
I

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Hello there,
Imgur

Really Need More Info on your Build, e-Liquid and Mod Settings.

Have you tried Increasing the Wattage? That can Help if an Atomizer is Flooding.

So can using more wicking. Especially around where the e-Liquid enters the Atomizer Deck.

Reactions: stols001

Beamslider

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 29, 2017
San Francisco
It is most likely a wicking problem. To little wick and over saturated will cause spit or leakage into the well where the coils are. If the inner diameter of the coils is too small it can also cause wick issues. I use 3 MM inner diameter for coils. Allows enough wick to fit well in the wick holes on the deck. Wick should be taunt when put in and should completely fill the juice well below reaching down to the deck.

It can also be that the wattage you are vaping is to low for the coils used. This can also cause it.

Medo9312

Oct 31, 2016
Saudi Arabia
Hi,
Please detail your build and a photo of same would be useful.

Cheers
I
Thanks for your reply.
my build is double coil build, 3mm each of Kanthal A 24 gauge.
I tried to make the build and wick as much as I can like what riptripper did in his wick for Zeus X

Attachments

• DDDAB090-B037-4391-9DD0-1B5F3DED8EBD.jpeg
    DDDAB090-B037-4391-9DD0-1B5F3DED8EBD.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 514
  • Useful
Reactions: Izan

SlowTalker

ECF Veteran
Nov 8, 2010
Ohio
A search landed me here because I had the same flooding problem. Brand new tank and I was ready to pitch it from all the juice I was loosing. Then I found this fix on YouTube. It completely solved the problem. I am now happily vaping this tank with a single 1 ohm (tiny) coil and even after standing overnight, no flooding. Hope this helps someone else.

Javichu

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2020
Spain
A search landed me here because I had the same flooding problem. Brand new tank and I was ready to pitch it from all the juice I was loosing. Then I found this fix on YouTube. It completely solved the problem. I am now happily vaping this tank with a single 1 ohm (tiny) coil and even after standing overnight, no flooding. Hope this helps someone else.

While i do appreciate the video,it will help some of those with that issue but...

I still think that this is something that shouldn't be required to do,this clear design flaw is something that shouldn't have been allowed to make out in the market.

Or maybe they should include a hammer and a small piece of leather so you can do it yourself,along with a mention in the instruction manual.

Reminds me of the joke of the guy who gets a cheap hotel room but they tell him he has to make his own bed, he agrees,gets the key and heads up to the room.
Upon entering the room he finds carpenter tools and a bunch of wood,so yeah he literally had to ''make'' his own bed.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

I still think that this is something that shouldn't be required to do,this clear design flaw is something that shouldn't have been allowed to make out in the market.

Is it a Design Flaw? Or is/was it a Manufacturing Flaw? Big Difference.

Javichu

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2020
Spain
Is it a Design Flaw? Or is/was it a Manufacturing Flaw? Big Difference.

You do have a point there.
But let's say it isn't a design flaw,let's say it was a manufacturing flaw,there have been some reports from people with the same problem,i mean even a videos have been recorded on how to solve the issue.

So even if it's only a manufacturing flaw that is something that Geekvape is still accountable for because they hired the company to fabricate said atomizer.
If they have been getting reports of faulty construction and assembly that is something they should look into, either the original company that fabricated and put it all together do a better job or maybe they should look for someone else.

But Vaporesso still put it's name on it,it is ''theirs''.

Last edited:

Pigs

Vaping
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 7, 2019
Sydney Australia
But let's say it isn't a design flaw,let's say it was a manufacturing flaw,there have been some reports from people with the same problem,i mean even a videos have been recorded on how to solve the issue.

So even if it's only a manufacturing flaw that is something that Vaporesso is still accountable for because they hired the company to fabricate said atomizer.
If they have been getting reports of faulty construction and assembly that is something they should look into, either the original company that fabricated and put it all together do a better job or maybe they should look for someone else.

It's Geekvape but I get your point.
I've been lucky and never had a single issue with my Zeus X. If you like top air dual coil rtas its a good one - qc issues aside.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

So even if it's only a manufacturing flaw that is something that Vaporesso is still accountable for because they hired the company to fabricate said atomizer.

The Point Is if it is a Design Flaw, then EVERY one of these Atomizers is going to have the Same Problem.

Whereas if it is a Manufacturing Problem, then usually some will be Good and some will be Wacked. And then it get's down to what is an Acceptable amount of Wacked items per Unit Volume?

There can be the Case where All of a Line Item are Manufactured Wrong. But that is Usually Very Rare. Because Any Form of QQA would catch the problem.

Javichu

ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2020
Spain
The Point Is if it is a Design Flaw, then EVERY one of these Atomizers is going to have the Same Problem.

Whereas if it is a Manufacturing Problem, then usually some will be Good and some will be Wacked. And then it get's down to what is an Acceptable amount of Wacked items per Unit Volume?

There can be the Case where All of a Line Item are Manufactured Wrong. But that is Usually Very Rare. Because Any Form of QQA would catch the problem.

I guess that is the difference between your run of the mill item and your high end.
Don't know the level of quality in high end in the vapor world but in other items yeah they make sure the final item is delivered in 100% perfect condition to the client.

But my previous statement remains the same,a couple of faulty units sure no problem but it seems it has been more than that,in that case that maybe is something they should look into.

Number of whacked items until they consider it a problem? meh,that is always been the problem,it all goes by the numbers instead of client satisfaction.

Wasn't there a case in court a bunch of years back where they sued a car company? can't remember the name but basically it was cheaper for them to pay the lawsuits of people who died using the faulty car than to take back all the faulty cars that were produced...that is the type of thinking that pisses me off.
All about the numbers.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
I guess that is the difference between your run of the mill item and your high end.
Don't know the level of quality in high end in the vapor world but in other items yeah they make sure the final item is delivered in 100% perfect condition to the client.

But my previous statement remains the same,a couple of faulty units sure no problem but it seems it has been more than that,in that case that maybe is something they should look into.

Number of whacked items until they consider it a problem? meh,that is always been the problem,it all goes by the numbers instead of client satisfaction.

Wasn't there a case in court a bunch of years back where they sued a car company? can't remember the name but basically it was cheaper for them to pay the lawsuits of people who died using the faulty car than to take back all the faulty cars that were produced...that is the type of thinking that pisses me off.
All about the numbers.

100% Quality is more of a Goal than a Reality with Mass Produced, Lower Priced, items. And that type of Quality Control can Many Times price you out of a Target Market.

Not Defending companies who Constantly pump out Poor Quality items. Or Design or Manufacturing flaws.

Just say'n that there is a Difference between a Flawed Design. And something that Wasn't Assembled correctly.

Mowgli

Runs with scissors
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 25, 2013
Taxachusetts
Hello there,
Imgur

Coils too high would put them way too close to your mouth so very probably that.
I cut mine at 4mm with my Coily Tool. Coily Tool (Trimming & Measuring Tool) (SALE!)

You didn't say what wattage you're using.
Too low wattage for the tank will cause gurgling/spitting also.

I use 55w/powerful mode with .18Ω and rarely get spits
About 1mm off the deck looks like this:
94242391_2686380731592740_153518293120974848_o.jpg

I watched 4-5 videos and sort of averaged out how they did it to make my first X build.

Mike Vapes did a good build video IIRC

Suck My Matt

Bogan

Vic

and one of the two times in 7 years I suffered through this spaz to watch a build. Excellent.

That should help

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread