Zeus Dual Rta

Status
Not open for further replies.

maorla01

Oct 26, 2018
Just got a new Zeus Dual rta and am beyond frustrated with it the build was a breeze great deck to build on and the build came out to the exact resistance I was going for no problem now wicking this thing is a whole other story I cannot get this thing to work properly major spit back and flooding I tried wicking tightly and thinning the ends and just barely into the wells as suggested by many people and videos but I am having zero luck here and drinking mouthfuls of boiling juice is no fun. Any suggestions I really wanna love this tank but right now it’s driving me crazy. Help?

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
Iirc the Zeus is a hybrid rta/rdta like the solomon2 and the aromamizer plus. I could be wrong about this since I don’t actually own one, but assuming it is true my standard method of wicking such tanks is to use the opposite approach:
-Large coils. You need enough wick diameter to fill the holes in the deck and that means large diameter coils.
-Long wicks. Around 1/4in past the hole in the deck.
-No thinning. Stuff the wick through the hole using a tool and then fluff the end outside the chamber. It uses up a small amount of tank space but has so far proved more or less foolproof and non leaking

Sugar_and_Spice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2010
between here and there
Iirc the Zeus is a hybrid rta/rdta like the solomon2 and the aromamizer plus. I could be wrong about this since I don’t actually own one, but assuming it is true my standard method of wicking such tanks is to use the opposite approach:
-Large coils. You need enough wick diameter to fill the holes in the deck and that means large diameter coils.
-No thinning. Stuff the wick through the hole using a tool and then fluff the end outside the chamber. It uses up a small amount of tank space but has so far proved more or less foolproof and non leaking

Agree to most of your post. But the wicks should not touch the decking and fill the chamber but don't stuff it. It needs some room for a bit of movement.

I use a demon killer coil on the Zeus Dual as a single called the Tsuka. 3mm diameter and size 1.6*8mm. Stuff it with rayon by twisting it into the coil(untwist other side). I did not raise it too far off the deck but enough for good airflow. So far so good. You could also use a larger diameter to get more wicking if you like.

Last edited:

maorla01

Oct 26, 2018
Better yet hit the RTA with a big hammer and then get a squonk mod and a good RDA.
Thanks for the suggestion it actually seems to be working now I had to build a larger coil (3mm 26g kanthal)to get more cotton in there but more cotton seems to be the way to go with this one. I don’t know what the hell all these people saying to thin out the wick are doing but it’s definitely better with more cotton and so far no dry hits yet so I’ll continue doing it this way if it works don’t fix it. Thanks for the suggestion it’s working great now with incredible flavor and little to no spit back.

maorla01

Oct 26, 2018
Agree to most of your post. But the wicks should not touch the decking and fill the chamber but don't stuff it. It needs some room for a bit of movement.

I use a demon killer coil on the Zeus Dual as a single called the Tsuka. 3mm diameter and size 1.6*8mm. Stuff it with rayon by twisting it into the coil(untwist other side). I did not raise it too far off the deck but enough for good airflow. So far so good. You could also use a larger diameter to get more wicking if you like.
Yeah stuffing it but not down to the bottom seems to be working great and 3mm coils worked out great thanks for the help

maorla01

Oct 26, 2018
I had the exact same issue with it. After several attempts, I just tossed it into the: Won't ever use that again bin. It's a very finicky tank.
Try some of the suggestions down below they seem to have worked out well for me apparently stuffing the wells but not all the way down is what this tank needs

DP2Raja

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2012
New Mexico
Wicking the Zeus Dual
3mm ID coils. Cotton tight. Slight thinning of tails. Do not touch bottom of juice deck.
Works for me. Flavor for days. 0.12 @ 65-75 watts.
IMG_1101.jpg
IMG_1102.jpg
IMG_1103.jpg
IMG_1104.jpg
IMG_1109.JPG

maorla01

Oct 26, 2018
Wicking the Zeus Dual
3mm ID coils. Cotton tight. Slight thinning of tails. Do not touch bottom of juice deck.
Works for me. Flavor for days. 0.12 @ 65-75 watts. View attachment 778009 View attachment 778011 View attachment 778013 View attachment 778017 View attachment 778019
Thanks for the reference pics that should make it so much easier next time and yeah that’s exactly what I did after reading the above comments and it worked like a charm this tank is a great tank once I figured out the wicking the flavor is incredible

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread