Zombie Edition for the P3?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ebriel

Verified Member
Nov 8, 2013
Peoria, AZ
I hope that Provape decides to make a Zombie Edition for the P3 (and that somebody from the company actually reads this thread)!

I spoke with a CS agent at Provape, and although they don't know yet, I asked if I could submit spec artwork for it (just in case they do make one).

Honestly, I wouldn't expect anything in return if they used my art (although I certainly wouldn't be averse to either receiving a free mod if/when it's released). I'm seriously just more concerned with one getting made!

I already have a rough spec of the design/artwork, which I sent to the CS rep - who said that he could pass the artwork along to their product developers.

Is anybody else interested in them releasing a Zombie Edition?

Currently vaping the Celtic P3 and loving it!

Side note: I am a photographer, as well as a graphic/web designer, and graduated from University with a degree in Fine Arts (not that it particularly matters). Just thought that it might be slightly relevant (i.e. I didn't create the design with crayons or in MS Paint)

Last edited:

ebriel

Verified Member
Nov 8, 2013
Peoria, AZ
I definitely would of picked one up, if it was available during initial release. Just can't justify another P3

I'm with you on both counts! Although, I'm sure that I could trick myself into justifying a second one if it was the Zombie Edition :p

My best guess is that they usually release the Zombie Edition close to Halloween, given the theme of the artwork.

ebriel

Verified Member
Nov 8, 2013
Peoria, AZ
Yes, they do read the threads, and sometimes answer our questions. They did design an endcap for the ProVarinati, which was really cool. I'm not really into Zombies, but I like the multicolor idea, such a camo. They are always coming up with new stuff, so you never know.

Thank you!

I was aware that they sometime answer questions (I've been lurking for awhile), although I've only really noticed it in threads that they had started. Good point on them designing the endcap... I know that they did it, and even have one, so it should have sunk in through my thick skull that they do indeed listen/read threads/collaborate!

Guess that I'm being dense for the last few days... which is not like me, haha

AstroTurf

Happy to be... Not Smoking!!!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Side note: I am a photographer, as well as a graphic/web designer, and graduated from University with a degree in Fine Arts (not that it particularly matters). Just thought that it might be slightly relevant (i.e. I didn't create the design with crayons or in MS Paint)

I don't see the design?!?

ebriel

Verified Member
Nov 8, 2013
Peoria, AZ
I don't see the design?!?

Oops! Sorry, I didn't post it because I wasn't sure if anybody would even want to see it.

Apologies, since this is a rough version. Please feel free to leave any constructive criticism, as my feelings won't be easily hurt :)

I'm not sure if they could even technically create it like this, but this is sort of how I envision a new version. I definitely wanted to switch the main color from that neon green to more of a corpse blue color.

One of my favorite aspects is the bloody hand print in roughly the place that you would hold the mod.

P3-Zombie-Edition-Spec-Art.jpg

ebriel

Verified Member
Nov 8, 2013
Peoria, AZ
Ooooh.

Slasher Zombie.

That'll get the cops to pull you over.

Nice.

Well I figured that the Version 2 design had the solid red at the bottom to less and less splatter at the top from bashing a zombie, so the person who did the bashing would have gotten their hands dirty - hence the hand-print! lol

Also, a lot of this was based on zombie pictures that I'd done of my friends & family in Photoshop. They were more like if a zombie went into a Glamor Shots store in the mall (circa 1990) and got their photo done, haha

ebriel

Verified Member
Nov 8, 2013
Peoria, AZ
That's slick, way better than previous versions

Thanks!

I think that the only possible problem would be actually getting the hand-print on there based on their process for coating the tubes (which I've been told can make it hard to do complex designs). I still think that they could do it though!

SoftSell

ECF Veteran
Jun 23, 2014
Saskatoon, SK
Thanks!

I think that the only possible problem would be actually getting the hand-print on there based on their process for coating the tubes (which I've been told can make it hard to do complex designs). I still think that they could do it though!

I don't know if I could decide on the new color vs the bright green. I think I'd be more inclined to go for a white body with red hand print. Sold!

AstroTurf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Oops! Sorry, I didn't post it because I wasn't sure if anybody would even want to see it.

Apologies, since this is a rough version. Please feel free to leave any constructive criticism, as my feelings won't be easily hurt :)

I'm not sure if they could even technically create it like this, but this is sort of how I envision a new version. I definitely wanted to switch the main color from that neon green to more of a corpse blue color.

One of my favorite aspects is the bloody hand print in roughly the place that you would hold the mod.

View attachment 405228

Very Nice!

Thanks for Sharing.

ebriel

Verified Member
Nov 8, 2013
Peoria, AZ
I don't know if I could decide on the new color vs the bright green. I think I'd be more inclined to go for a white body with red hand print. Sold!
Haha, put it on a white tube with hand-print and it could be called the Norman Bates/Psycho Edition!

I'm very partial to light blue and light/mint green as colors for almost everything, lol

Very Nice!

Thanks for Sharing.
Thank you!

AstroTurf

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2014
Having thought about this for a moment or two...

I would, Clean up the hand print to be a skeleton hand print. Think high def, no smear.

The background should be glow in the dark, regardless of color/shade.

Also, Perhaps a submission to Jwraps could make it a reality?

Just thinkin out loud, Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread