Status
Not open for further replies.

fourthrok

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Watertown, NY
Yeah..it's great when it works. But I am having the same problems as others have posted here. I've tried everything that PBusardo suggested...and the suggestion about removing the screw and top cap, filing then replacing the cap without the screw and putting the screw on only after everything was all tightened down. I tried using only one hole instead of my usual 2. I tried slowing down how fast I vape (which was hard and I resented it because I don't have to do that with any other tank I have). NOTHING worked. I got two of the tanks...one works fine for maybe 10 draws (with luck...less is more usual) then things start to gurgle. With the other one..the draw is so hard it's ridiculous. I've tried the same gurgling cartos in my other tanks. No problem at all with them. No gurgling. No leaking. But in the AGR tank? Gurgle City. Leaktown. Mess.

I put them aside. Been fighting them since Saturday. I like DV and know it's not their fault. Yes...I got a dinosaur, too! In fact...2 of them because I ordered the tanks in two separate orders. But I'm so disappointed with these. I was so ready to love them!!

Oh..and yes, I tried the fill hole too...with a proper sized needle. Nothing works.

mclhead

Mar 16, 2013
long island, ny
The tank I received is also causing the same flooding issues. But I'm placing my money on the cuts for the air flow. When I screw it down on the base and back it off a little, the slots for air are hardly noticeable. If I screw it down all of the way, then forget about it. I agree completely with the science breakdown from Baditude about how a carto-tank behaves. So if there is no air flow going into the cartomizer, then I'm just sucking the air in the tank. I'm guessing the air slots need to be deepened. That's just my guess.

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
Had some time to kill this morning, so I gave the tank one more shot. Took a fresh Boge XL, punched it, primed it, filled the tank using the fill hole and a syringe. Got two nice draws. Then flooding. Tried backing off the bottom to increase the airflow with no difference.

I had been using it on an evic, so I tried different mods to see if that would make a difference. Blew it out and tried it on a Vamo. Flooding. Then a Provari. Same result. Then a Vision Spinner. Better, but still not close to what I consider to be acceptable performance for a Boge.

Drained the tank, blew out the excess, put the carto into a Boge F17 tank with the same juice. After a gurgly couple of pulls, perfect vape. Chained vaped it for a good 30 min with consistent, great performance. No flooding, just the same consistent performance I’ve always gotten from a Boge.

While I understand that nearly every tank problem is the fault of the carto, in my case I think I fall into the 1% where the Tank Is Possessed. Does anyone happen to know if priests still do exorcisms? If so, do they charge by the hour or is a flat rate deal?

mmikee

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 26, 2012
st louis
Had some time to kill this morning, so I gave the tank one more shot. Took a fresh Boge XL, punched it, primed it, filled the tank using the fill hole and a syringe. Got two nice draws. Then flooding. Tried backing off the bottom to increase the airflow with no difference.

I had been using it on an evic, so I tried different mods to see if that would make a difference. Blew it out and tried it on a Vamo. Flooding. Then a Provari. Same result. Then a Vision Spinner. Better, but still not close to what I consider to be acceptable performance for a Boge.

Drained the tank, blew out the excess, put the carto into a Boge F17 tank with the same juice. After a gurgly couple of pulls, perfect vape. Chained vaped it for a good 30 min with consistent, great performance. No flooding, just the same consistent performance I’ve always gotten from a Boge.

While I understand that nearly every tank problem is the fault of the carto, in my case I think I fall into the 1% where the Tank Is Possessed. Does anyone happen to know if priests still do exorcisms? If so, do they charge by the hour or is a flat rate deal?

Boy, that sucks ! Quick question...when filling through the fill hole, are you sure air was getting out while you filled? When I am filling them I can see a little bit of juice bubbling in the fill hole as I am filling. Just curious.

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
Mmikee -- yes, air is escaping. I'm using a syringe, do a slow fill and there's a clear air path.

Forgot to mention in my eariler post that I also tried a single punch rather than my customary two punches for an XL. That helped a little, but not enough to make it peform as it should. I don't think I can make the hole any smaller than I'm presently punching (hopefully the photo is clear enough to show the hole size).

carto1.jpg

mmikee

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 26, 2012
st louis
That is so strange. I use mostly prepunched, 2 hole, Boge XL cartos. My main juice is 70pg/30vg. I have only had 2 minor issues with flooding. To fix these I turned the tank upside down, blew the excess juice out, took out the fill screw, blew through it again, and put the fill screw back on. No more problems. I have been using these tanks for a couple months now. I got 4 in a coop, and have been using two of them since. Sorry to hear that they are such a pain for you. Hope you get it sorted.

hazozita

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 7, 2013
Virginia
Sorry to hear that Diagasa -- I feel your pain! I was fortunate to be offered a trade by a fellow ECF member, and my AGR is now in the hands of the USPS to (hopefully) find a better home. If its new owner is able to get it working, I'll (with his permission) post any tips and tricks he used to do so. Or, invite him to post the info here himself.

(And to ensure he doesn't get the short end of the stick on this trade since I am truly convinced my AGR is possessed by demons, I told him not to mail me his items for trade until he's able to get the AGR working).

daPorkchop

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2012
Nashville, TN
Can you show me your carto, punched, in the tank, with no juice?

I put the bottom of the tank together fully, without the tube of course, then slide the punch over, punch one hole. Then take it out and do the condom fill method (with the whole pumping action thing.) Then once it soaks up the juice, turn the carto up and blow it out (like pbusardo showed us, where the top of the carto is in the air and you blow up to blow it out). Then, put the tank together fully, with the fill screw out. Then fill it up through the fill whole, have no leaking problems.

All my juice is 50/50 though. On an evic, boge 2.2 cartos.

piruned

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2012
huntsville, al
Wow. I hate to see everyone having so many issues with these tanks. I got mine a few days ago and it is working perfectly. I even have 4 holes punched into my carto. The only time it floods is when i take a very heavy draw. Then again, all my tanks have done that to me.

Hope you guys find your solutions. These things are wicked easy to fill, and for the price, they rock. I can def see the frustration though, and wish I had some answers for you. Mine worked right outta the box, with no behavior changes on my part.

fourthrok

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
Watertown, NY
Sorry to hear that Diagasa -- I feel your pain! I was fortunate to be offered a trade by a fellow ECF member, and my AGR is now in the hands of the USPS to (hopefully) find a better home.

Ditto here. I couldn't see me fighting the AGR any more. I found out the problem with one was the bottom locking piece lacked actual grooves. There were marks there for them...but the surface was smooth as butter. Obviously that isn't going to work. As for the other one: Tried one hole and did manage to fill the thing and get it to vape fine for awhile. I even topped off twice and refilled completely once and it seemed fine. Was ecstatic. Then I put it in my purse and went on a short grocery store excursion. I had the PV upright in a small pocket (so it wouldn't tip over) in my purse. Device was turned off. Purse was not bumped or knocked over, or anything. I didn't vape though. Just had it in my purse. Got home...and my Ovale V8 was covered (not to mention the purse pocket) with juice.

That did it. Someone made an offer and I took it. It's on it's way to that kindly soul via USPS as we speak. Er, type.

Thompson

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2012
North of NorCal
I got mine earlier. Proceeded to set it up in the car.

Double punched a Boge SR with one of those standard punches (figure warping won't matter as much with the AGR as with o-ring only tanks) then started priming the carto using a syringe + blunt tip needle. Put in a bit, 'thermometer shake,' put in a few more drops, etc until it appeared to be well saturated.

Set carto in bottom plate & attached the adapter/locking mechanism thing, filled the tank about 3/4 full and put the top cap back on w/o the fill screw in place. Figured I'd let it sit as we had to drive some where else & a soak couldn't hurt. At the destination I went to take a puff and it had flooded. I could still get a decent vape but had to pull too hard at the beginning of the draw and there was the tell tale sign of gurgling. Not sure what I did to cause the flood.

Once I got back to the house I inverted the tank and removed the locking mechanism cap to dry it off and tried to dabble out the liquid on the cartos 510. Everything clean I reassembled it all back in with around 1/2 tank. It hasn't flooded since. Vaping pretty well once I found the wattage range I'm after.

I intend on topping it off in a minute. Unscrew the top plate & it's fill hole screw, fill back up to the original 3/4 capacity.

Thompson

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2012
North of NorCal
Well, the thing just wouldn't work for me. Tried different methods of filling, different cartos, different sized holes. Nothing would make it work. Would just consistently flood. Now the center pin on the locking mechanism won't behave and it won't screw properly onto any of my batteries.

It just joined my POS black chrome A7 in the graveyard AKA my backyard where I pitched it as hard as I could. I would've tried to sell/trade it but I can't pass this thing on given the headaches its given me.

The foray into carto-tanks went poorly, and I doubt I'll be dipping my toes in those waters again.

/complaining like a little wuss

Sticking with Genesis.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread