AGR Carto Tank

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just got my AGR yesterday. I use a vamo and I had 2 issues. The first on was the connector pin in the locking bottom would make it so if I screwed it on to the point of it being secure (not over tightening) on the vamo it would not fire and show up as 0.0 ohms. The second issue is that it was flooding and leaking where the air slots are probably due to the flooding.

I just punched another carto with one hole this time. Hope this fixed the flooding issues. Might be the o-rings letting air in like the others have said.

For the pin issue I started to file it down after I found out you can't push the pin in cause when you lock it on the carto it pushes it back out. After messing with it for awhile I pushed the pin all the way out and found that the pin is a 2 piece with one screwing into the other. So I shorted the pin by screwing it in more. There are 2 rubber stoppers that hold it place and looked like it would be hard to get back on but I was able to put the pin and stoppers in place, screw on a carto while holding the bottom against the table firmly and it popped back into place. It works now after messing with it. Because I filed it down some before I messed with the screwing pin pieces I don't know if it will fix the issue for the others that said they had an issue like this.

Also my first post. Hi guys!!

I am using the long bottom leaf from epipemods.com. I think it leans more towards the VG side.

With the single punch it works better but i think if i could replace the o rings that hold the carto it would fix it for sure. I noticed that when I blow the tank out cause it gets a little flooded (holding it upside down) some of the liquid comes out around the carto where the tank holds it by the driptip.

So i know for sure the o-rings just are not tight enough seal it. I have seen other posts about getting new o rings but i dont know what material or size i should get.

Thanks for the reply!

Thompson

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2012
North of NorCal
Managed to kind of break the center pin on the base. Not sure how to go about fixing it.

CameraZOOM-20130413211151493_edit0.jpg

That chipped side was originally installed towards the pv. By switching it around the tank now sits flush & looks much better.

Faxed in on the Mojo Wire

TheDarthVap3r

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2012
uk
woke up this morning and it had dumped juice , 3 cartos all flooding , ive tried 1 hole tried two , tried filling in the fill hole , tried screwing the top off . ive tried smaller holes on the cartos , ive tried thicker juice same result each time it just vapes fine( no crackle mind , just a hiss) i actually love the vape on these boges , but the flooding is ridiculous , can somesone suggest a tank that doesnt flood so much. as im just about done with this crap.

TheDarthVap3r

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2012
uk
oddly enough since i refilled after the dumping incident it vapes like a champ. perhaps my syringe isnt leaving a big enough gap when using the fill hole. regardess cartos have blown me away with the vape quality , so ive gone and ordered myself a kir fanis prive special , out of stock for the normal prive , so figured no love lost paying a few quid extra to get a serial numbered limited run right?

Thompson

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 14, 2012
North of NorCal
I've just gotten some pre-'punched' Boge SR cartos, both XL & standard sizes.

The holes on them are tiny and they are higher up than I ever punched my own.

Now if I recall correctly the AGR was designed with Boge (assuming pre-punched) in mind, maybe part of these flooding issues are from self-punched cartos? Just throwing it out there. Look at the difference:

I've been sticking to a 60-70VG liquid so maybe I require the larger holes? smaller seemed to cause issues. Worried I may have to widen them or additional.

TheDarthVap3r

ECF Veteran
Dec 3, 2012
uk
right ive changed my filling technique and this has stopped all my flooding issues completely . rather than using the fill hole i just unscrew the top off and fill that way , i make sure to remove the fill screw so that when i put the top back on , air can escape . works a treat !

canceled my kir fanis order , this agr is working great now. probably gonna buy a few more so i can rotate juices.

woke up this morning and it had dumped juice , 3 cartos all flooding , ive tried 1 hole tried two , tried filling in the fill hole , tried screwing the top off . ive tried smaller holes on the cartos , ive tried thicker juice same result each time it just vapes fine( no crackle mind , just a hiss) i actually love the vape on these boges , but the flooding is ridiculous , can somesone suggest a tank that doesnt flood so much. as im just about done with this crap.

I've just recently bought the AGR and had the same problem. Little less flooding and leaking if you take the locking ring of the bottom and no leaking or flooding if you fill from the bottom ie push the carto up and fill that way. Not the way it was designed but it's a workaround if you don't have a small enough needle.

kashmoney38

Verified Member
Oct 15, 2012
Fort Lauderdale
I just got my agr today at a local vape meet. This was my first time using a carto tank and I thought I punched the 1st carto pretty good but apparently not ( dented the carto and punched to low) it flooded and leaked right away. The second carto got punched primed and inserted filled with the top pulled up, not through the fill hole, and all is well.

masguapoakosayo

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 14, 2013
los angeles
I finally had enough of the flooding and leaking from this agr, so I decided to drill out(actually I used a wire edm machine from my work) to remove the lip from the bottom cap to use it like a regular carto tank, screwing it straight to my pv without using the base and it's working perfect, no leaks and flooding.

I ordered an AGR recently and while waiting for it to arrive saw this thread and got a bit worried that I'd ordered something that would end up worthless. So far the only flooding and leaking I've had was caused by user error. I'd never punched a carto and put 2 holes in it that were just way too big. After punching a second carto with two holes approximately 1mm each I have had no leaking or flooding problems. I'm using 80/20 juice, Boge cartos (both sizes) and filling it using a 19 gauge blunt tip needle. I've gone through about 15ml with it and so far so good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread