Status
Not open for further replies.

zmauls

Madman
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2013
New Jersey
I went to my local e-shop today and ordered a couple bottles of juice, as per usual.

During conversation with the juice mixer, I mentioned that I had just ordered my GV Private from fasttech.

One of the store managers piped in and insisted that their products are fake, hence the low prices, and that fasttech products are no match for the quality of the "real items." It immediately upset me that I had supposedly ordered a non-genuine product, as I am OCD about name brands and my products not being rip-offs.

When I discussed the situation with my girlfriend who is also a salesperson, she assured me that the store managers retort was a standard procedure sales pitch attempting to make me distrustful of any other distributors products and to not lose one of their frequent customers.

I do not know who to believe! Is there any truth to what the manager at my local store said? I do not want a fake product!

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
I went to my local e-shop today and ordered a couple bottles of juice, as per usual.

During conversation with the juice mixer, I mentioned that I had just ordered my GV Private from Fasttech.

One of the store managers piped in and insisted that their products are fake, hence the low prices, and that Fasttech products are no match for the quality of the "real items." It immediately upset me that I had supposedly ordered a non-genuine product, as I am OCD about name brands and my products not being rip-offs.

When I discussed the situation with my girlfriend who is also a salesperson, she assured me that the store managers retort was a standard procedure sales pitch attempting to make me distrustful of any other distributors products and to not lose one of their frequent customers.

I do not know who to believe! Is there any truth to what the manager at my local store said? I do not want a fake product!

Thanks in advance for any responses.

All that matters is what they said in the link. If it says it is the real deal, GV Private, it is. If it just says it is a Private or like a Private, It might/likely is a clone. But what does it matter if it works for what you want? IMHO

A link to what you got and what you wanted would help in answering your question.

Vape On
:vapor:

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Nearly every item on fast tech is a clone.

Please define clone first? :)

Seriously, though. I got my Nitecore charger from Fasttech and it's the real thing and has been working fine for months. Zero issues here.

However, I would never order a cheap no brand charger or batteries from them, for example.

The nice thing about Fasttech, in my experience, at least, is they they don't lie--if they say that the charger is Nitecore Intellicharger or the tank is a Kanger ProTank or a battery is an Innokin iTaste MVP--you can go ahead and order. You'll get the genuine article. If they use generic terms like ProTank style or don't list the manufacturer, it's a clone. Which again is not necessarily a bad thing--many "clones" or "knockoffs" are probably made in the same factories as the brand names. Just read the description of the item carefully and you'll be fine.

zmauls

Madman
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2013
New Jersey
All that matters is what they said in the link. If it says it is the real deal, GV Private, it is. If it just says it is a Private or like a Private, It might/likely is a clone. But what does it matter if it works for what you want? IMHO

A link to what you got and what you wanted would help in answering your question.

Vape On
:vapor:

Perhaps someone could tell, given this information.

Here is the direct link:

$20.96 Private V2 Telescoping Mech Mod E-Cigarette Battery Compartment - brass + copper + stainless steel at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

morebass

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2013
north

StarsAndBars

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2010
Colorado
May have to employ a little common sense on this one. If you get... let's say...... a $200 mod for 40 bucks, I mean it should be pretty obvious. If you've been perfectly happen with it until now it really shouldn't matter.

I wouldn't say you're being OCD, just materialistic. Try not to let it bother you.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread