Status
Not open for further replies.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
I'm OK with FTech selling copies, and sometimes, I'll consider getting one.
But I'm REAL OK with some of their prices on things that are already "generic" or when they get us a bargain on a brand.
I've bought from them several times - and I'm convinced of a few things:
Unbranded stuff, quality can be hit or miss (1 good EGO, 1 bad EGO. Clone of EVOD, I hated it, but a lot of people like them. Etc.)
When they specify a brand - it's the brand. They are not deceptive about it...
You have to know that EGO is not a brand...they have a ProTank (copy) and also the KANGER ProTank (real thing). Pick what you want.

OP's Private is certainly a copy - it does NOT say "Grand Vapor" in the product description, and it's TOO cheap to be the original.

Mateo the Great

ECF Veteran
Oct 29, 2013
DFW, TX

This may be a very stupid question as I am VERY new to E-cigs and don't understand the lingo yet. But I will learn.

That being said, what is the point of a battery compartment for a typical EGO? Does it just extend the battery/puff count of the device?

SimianSteam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
The Jungle
This may be a very stupid question as I am VERY new to E-cigs and don't understand the lingo yet. But I will learn.

That being said, what is the point of a battery compartment for a typical EGO? Does it just extend the battery/puff count of the device?

Battery compartment? eGos have an internal battery. No compartment.

madqatter

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 14, 2013
Virginia
The nice thing about Fasttech, in my experience, at least, is they they don't lie--if they say that the charger is Nitecore Intellicharger or the tank is a Kanger ProTank or a battery is an Innokin iTaste MVP--you can go ahead and order. You'll get the genuine article. If they use generic terms like ProTank style or don't list the manufacturer, it's a clone. Which again is not necessarily a bad thing--many "clones" or "knockoffs" are probably made in the same factories as the brand names.
:thumb:

Some "brand name" devices, as someone mentioned before, are "clones." I have a Smoktech Magneto, which was designed to be similar to Madz Modz' NZonic. The Magneto is a great mech. I also have a Sigelei 8W, which called a Caravela clone. I love the 8W, just as many vapers love their Sigelei mods. A "clone" is not necessarily a bad thing.

K_Tech

Slightly mad but harmless
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 11, 2013
Eastern Ohio, USA

"Battery Compartment" is basically a FastTech mis-translation. In this case it's a mech, but they also call mods "Battery compartments" - like the Vamo, but in English they're VV/VW mods.

Simple, ain't it? :lol:

FastTech needs to hire a dedicated vaper to re-catalog and index their E-cig department. Seriously. Trying to find a specific item by standard vaper terminology is almost impossible.

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
I have yet to see clone of anything that looks or works better than the original product.

Well don't have the original Kayfun to compare it to, But the Russian rba is an exact copy, and an excellent build. All parts are interchangeable with the kayfun. And I suspect it preforms every bit as good as the original. Saved about $100. The Russian 91% are the kayfun lite, but with the air control that kayfun dropped on the lite model, so the Russian 91% is harder to find the the K.lite, and it's only ~ $20 less expensive. So definitely not a cheap clone but a quality replica.

SimianSteam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
The Jungle
Well don't have the original Kayfun to compare it to, But the Russian rba is an exact copy, and an excellent build. All parts are interchangeable with the kayfun. And I suspect it preforms every bit as good as the original. Saved about $100. The Russian 91% are the kayfun lite, but with the air control that kayfun dropped on the lite model, so the Russian 91% is harder to find the the K.lite, and it's only ~ $20 less expensive. So definitely not a cheap clone but a quality replica.

Yeah, but isn't the Russian 91% made by one of the guys that was originally with Svoemesto?

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
I went to my local e-shop today and ordered a couple bottles of juice, as per usual.

During conversation with the juice mixer, I mentioned that I had just ordered my GV Private from Fasttech.

One of the store managers piped in and insisted that their products are fake, hence the low prices, and that Fasttech products are no match for the quality of the "real items." It immediately upset me that I had supposedly ordered a non-genuine product, as I am OCD about name brands and my products not being rip-offs.

When I discussed the situation with my girlfriend who is also a salesperson, she assured me that the store managers retort was a standard procedure sales pitch attempting to make me distrustful of any other distributors products and to not lose one of their frequent customers.

I do not know who to believe! Is there any truth to what the manager at my local store said? I do not want a fake product!

Thanks in advance for any responses.

You have a savvy gf...hang on to her :vapor:
I've ordered tons of stuff from FT BUT have always researched and known exactly what I was buying. Ask your local Vendor if they give a 6 month warranty like FastTech?
Do products come with warranties?: FastTech - Gadgets and Electronics - Worldwide Free Shipping

Truth be told many U.S. Vendors buy from FastTech :facepalm:

morebass

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2013
north
I have yet to see clone of anything that looks or works better than the original product.

electric angel clone is supposed to have a lower voltage drop than the original

igo l clone didn't have the lose top cap problem of the original

that being said it usually isn't the case, but your dollars your choice

Cr0tchF4i

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 25, 2013
San Diego, CA
All good advice.

Didn't realize the "real deal" was $200. I looked at the reviews... Says the positive pin needs some modding. Don't know if I'm up for that. Might end up returning it. Thanks for help.

Seriously? I won't go into a Jersey Shore rant about modding your eyebrows and pigment but come on man, sack up. You just turn the pin so it hits whatever atty you're putting on top of it. You just screw it in or out to make contact.

If you can't handle that, then run away from mods.

xBlackRobx

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2013
805/818 So Cal
Crotchf4i beat me to it but yeah...if something that simple can't be handled by the OP then tanks and eGo's it'll be!

My two cents on FT mods... I had a chiablo, loved it, had a couple people with the original that actually preferred my gaudy gold clone stating it felt more solid and hit harder, got tired of people hounding me for it so I traded a guy for his torched Magneto and will be ordering myself a new one in a week or so.

As everyone else said read the reviews and if they're 4 or more stars odds are it's worth the price.

Ref Minor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
UK
I have a couple of clones from fasttech and the quality is actually not that bad.. I'd say 8/10 from the original products they were copied from.

That sums up clones 80 or 90% of the quality at 25% of the price, if you are OK with that trade off then it's all good, if not, get an original.

RETUSN

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2010
Bremerton, WA
You can't believe what Fasttech titles say, this is just one example:

$6.41 IGO-W Stainless Steel Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer - silver / 1.6ohm / adjustable resistance / double heating wires at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

This is sold as an Igo-W, it is not an Igo-W.

IGO-W - Triangle Vape LLC

Is an Igo-W, has the name on the top cap and has 2 air holes.

It's 1/2 the price of the real Igo-W but it's not an Igo-W. Does it work as good or better? No idea i have a real Igo-W. If your OCD about names then don't buy something from Fasttech that is 1/2 or price or more than what you can get it on line for.

$98.49 Joyetech eVic Mod / E-Cigarette Battery Compartment Kit - 1*18650 battery & US USB charger included / silver / US plug at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

Joyetech eVic Starter Kit | Joye e-Vic Ecig APV

That is a REAL Evic, notice the price difference. You can feel confident that this is a real as advertised product.

With some research and a computer you can figure out which is real and which is a clone. Like others say, some clones are just as good if not better than the original.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread