Status
Not open for further replies.

zmauls

Madman
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2013
New Jersey
I have the same exact one that you linked to. Thing works great. You'll be happy with it.

May have to employ a little common sense on this one. If you get... let's say...... a $200 mod for 40 bucks, I mean it should be pretty obvious. If you've been perfectly happen with it until now it really shouldn't matter.

I wouldn't say you're being OCD, just materialistic. Try not to let it bother you.

If it says "genuine" or lists a brand name then its real, that being said some of their clones actually preform better than the originals. But fasttech is a buyer beware kind of place, reviews and the fasttech message boards are usually pretty good at telling you what is worth ordering and what isn't

All good advice.

Didn't realize the "real deal" was $200. I looked at the reviews... Says the positive pin needs some modding. Don't know if I'm up for that. Might end up returning it. Thanks for help.

Jonathan Tittle

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2013
Johnson City, TN, USA
xanderjuice.com
One way you can tell a difference between a clone and the real deal is to simply search before you buy. Take time to search - I do for any product I spent my hard-earned cash on. Look at what FastTech has to offer and then Google the same product. If, as stated above, one is selling for $200 and the on at FT is selling for $20, that's a dead giveaway. This doesn't mean clones are bad, but don't expect the world for nothing - you won't get it.

That being said, plenty of B&M's sell clones and I'm more than sure they get them from FT. They also take those same mods and mark them up by $20-$50 each (I've seen it), which is sort of ridiculous if you ask me. I sort of lose all respect for a dealer that does this. I don't mind them selling clones, I encourage it.

I picked up an IGO clone a few weeks back and it's working perfectly, but it was maybe $1-$2 above what FT sold it at, so no big deal to me. For those new to vaping and in areas where vape shops are not side-by-side or down the street, a clone can get someone who doesn't have a lot of cash into vaping more and more, more so than an eGO can or would. Everyone I know eventually moves away from eGO's and on to bigger and better things and clones assist with that in a way by offering an affordable alternative.

When the time comes to get something better, new-to-vaping users can use the experience with the clone to find what they like and dislike and apply that to the next mod they get.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
there is a rumor a few weeks back that the GV stuff is in fact real and was rejected by the original factory for whatever reason and sold off to a secondary supply company that finishes them but are not allowed to put the serial number on them. or something to that effect (just something i came across somewhere)
true? dunno. but my 16 dollar trident looks exactly like the "real" one I saw minus the serial. and of course there are clone makers who make 1:1 copies of everything. sometimes cloned items are actually a better deal.

Last edited:

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
May have to employ a little common sense on this one. If you get... let's say...... a $200 mod for 40 bucks, I mean it should be pretty obvious. If you've been perfectly happen with it until now it really shouldn't matter.

I wouldn't say you're being OCD, just materialistic. Try not to let it bother you.
I am happy paying 1/5 the price for something.

I would rather pay much more and have a local dealer I can look at if I have a problem.

That is a choice we all make, you pay $200 and I'll pay $40, that's your choice AND that is my choice. See we are both happy. :)

Vape On
:vapor:

John_

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2013
Riverside, California, USA
The majority of items of FastTech are clones, however some do say "authenthic" in the name and these "authentic" items are usually much closer to the normal price than any of the items that don't say "authentic" if this is just an attempt to fool us, I don't know but for most of these things you can buy 3 or 4 and when one breaks you have another.
Now that being said, A LOT of the stuff in the vaping world is made in China and FastTech could just be buying things directly from the manufacturer and selling them for less than they should be. Is it worth it for you? On some things like that $200 mech mod it maybe, but on something like an IGO-L, an AGA-T, or batteries, is it really worth it when you could be guaranteed to get the real thing for a few extra dollars?

Last edited:

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
Loving my Chemesis. 40$ vs 200$ I would never have bought a real Nemesis. It is kind of underhanded to straight up clone down to the logo but I'm not made of money.

Vape Star did a review of the Chiablo (Diablo). I liked it so I bought it.
It serves it's purpose and being so cheap I don't have to baby it. Have dropped it a few times and didn't panic.
If it were the real thing I'd have probably dived under it before it hit the floor. :D

toughguitar

ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2013
Central FL
With my vape budget having the option to buy a clone is a logical choice. If I had $200 to spend on a mod, would I buy an original nemesis or for the same price get the clone version plus a Chi You clone, a King clone,and a Sentinel clone. Four clones compared to one original, they are all going to do the same thing.The performance of the clones may be a little less than the original, but it comes down to your own preference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread