Best way to sample (and carry) juice flavors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scottes

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2009
Boston, MA
scottesrum.com
1) What's the best way to sample juice flavors without "wasting" carts and juice?

It seems that dripping would be the best bet, but what about the cartridge being dry? Is that OK? Or should I load the cartridge with a flavorless juice?

And, since I didn't order any flavorless juice, now what? Should I drip but remove the filler from the cartridge so it doesn't burn dry?

Since I'm here, I might as well ask 2 sillier questions that pertain to the above.

2) How do you keep many cartridges organized when they contain different flavors? I can easily see myself going through 4 or 5 different flavors in the course of a day. By the end of a week I could have 20 carts all half-full of different flavors. This is an easy thought, considering that I'm new at this and will want to sample many flavors before deciding on 10 or 12 keepers.

How do you label each cart? Or do you have another system?

(By the way, I like to sample and taste things just to see what they're like. I like rum, for instance, and now have over 150 different rums in my collection. I like to see what they're like, and they give me a reason to talk on my rum review blog. I could easily end up with 200 little bottles of juice, no problem.)

3) Does anyone make a large PCC with more room/compartments? The PCC I have is surprisingly small, so I wouldn't mind one that's even twice the size if it would carry more stuff. Especially if it was made to carry a couple bottles of juice in addition to what they carry now.

I hate stuff in my pockets and like to travel very light. I leave the house with 4 things - 2 keys on a chain, analogs, lighter, and money-clip. I don't even own a wallet because they're too big. But I won't mind carry a larger PCC since that just replace my analogs and lighter.

Casey C

ECF Veteran
Aug 3, 2009
Fort Wayne, IN
evolvers.net
1) What's the best way to sample juice flavors without "wasting" carts and juice?

It seems that dripping would be the best bet, but what about the cartridge being dry? Is that OK? Or should I load the cartridge with a flavorless juice?

And, since I didn't order any flavorless juice, now what? Should I drip but remove the filler from the cartridge so it doesn't burn dry?

Since I'm here, I might as well ask 2 sillier questions that pertain to the above.

2) How do you keep many cartridges organized when they contain different flavors? I can easily see myself going through 4 or 5 different flavors in the course of a day. By the end of a week I could have 20 carts all half-full of different flavors. This is an easy thought, considering that I'm new at this and will want to sample many flavors before deciding on 10 or 12 keepers.

How do you label each cart? Or do you have another system?

(By the way, I like to sample and taste things just to see what they're like. I like rum, for instance, and now have over 150 different rums in my collection. I like to see what they're like, and they give me a reason to talk on my rum review blog. I could easily end up with 200 little bottles of juice, no problem.)

3) Does anyone make a large PCC with more room/compartments? The PCC I have is surprisingly small, so I wouldn't mind one that's even twice the size if it would carry more stuff. Especially if it was made to carry a couple bottles of juice in addition to what they carry now.

I hate stuff in my pockets and like to travel very light. I leave the house with 4 things - 2 keys on a chain, analogs, lighter, and money-clip. I don't even own a wallet because they're too big. But I won't mind carry a larger PCC since that just replace my analogs and lighter.

1) I take the filler out of a cart...

2) paper with flavors names written on it and carts sitting next to them on my desk... but I'm lazy... better bet is to get a cheap plastic tackle box from walmart, or I think someone used nail polish to put different color drops on the cart, or rubber band the cart to the flavoring bottle... use your imagination..

(can we expect an e-juice review blog?)

Scottes

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2009
Boston, MA
scottesrum.com
1) I take the filler out of a cart...

2) paper with flavors names written on it...

Thanks

(can we expect an e-juice review blog?)
I wouldn't be surprised if I do that. Over the years of rum tasting, I have developed the processes and palate for tasting and reviewing. Besides, I know that I'm not going to remember how much I liked each juice, so I'll keep notes. And rather than keeping little stickies filled with handwriting, I'll just post my tasting notes to a blog somewhere. Yeah, this will happen. Time to go reserve a domain name...

Scottes

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 31, 2009
Boston, MA
scottesrum.com
You could use a fine tip sharpie on the plastic cart cover to identify the flavors. Or maybe a small round sticker that you can write on.
You know, you reminded me about the cart cover, which I totally forgot about! Doh!

I'll just figure out a way to attach something to the cover. I was worried about having some label dangling off the PV while I'm vaping - this isn't an issue if the label is on the cart cover in my PCC.

jhemps

ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2009
Carlisle, PA
You know, you reminded me about the cart cover, which I totally forgot about! Doh!

I'll just figure out a way to attach something to the cover. I was worried about having some label dangling off the PV while I'm vaping - this isn't an issue if the label is on the cart cover in my PCC.

My PCC has 2 slots for carts, 1 for the atomizer and 1 for the battery. I tend to keep a cart attached to the atomizer, and therefore leave the cover at home. That leaves me with 3 carts and 2 covers, which would undoubtedly get mixed up when I decide to change flavors. I could put the atty in the case by itself, but i'm concerned about dust and pocket lint getting into my PCC, and therefore the atty. How about writing on the cart with a sharpie? I've also heard of people that put stickers on the carts that are color coded to flavors. Just some thoughts.

jhemps

ECF Veteran
Aug 28, 2009
Carlisle, PA
My PCC has 2 slots for carts, 1 for the atomizer and 1 for the battery. I tend to keep a cart attached to the atomizer, and therefore leave the cover at home. That leaves me with 3 carts and 2 covers, which would undoubtedly get mixed up when I decide to change flavors. I could put the atty in the case by itself, but i'm concerned about dust and pocket lint getting into my PCC, and therefore the atty. How about writing on the cart with a sharpie? I've also heard of people that put stickers on the carts that are color coded to flavors. Just some thoughts.

Wow...i feel stupid after reading the post right above the one I was replying to. Pretty much says the same as mine. Oh well...live and learn:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread