Best way to sample flavors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

aushizz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 20, 2013
hopefully the beach
Im researching all the different ways to get started with vaping and begin trying to quit smoking cigs(again). There are
so many options and sites to purchase juices and equipment.
Was leaning towards something like this to start:
http://www.vaporbeast.com/product_p/sk36.htm

Is that a decent start?
Also wondering what is the best method to sample all the different juices and flavors once I buy a device?
Thanks for any ideas and advice.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
Hi aushizz and welcome to ECF.

Yes, it's a decent kit, but for 10 bucks more you can get a much better one, IMO.

http://www.myvaporstore.com/Vision_Spinner_Joye_Ego_C_Twist_Combo_p/vvs-c.htm

It's fully customizable--you have a choice between an eGo-C twist and a Spinner, and the Kanger clearomizers are much better than the C4s--they are bottom changeable coil heads, which makes them not only better performers but they are also much cheaper to run.

I recommend getting one (or two) Spinners, a T3 and an eVod--and some extra atomizer coils; they don't come with the kit and have to be purchased separately.

The best way to sample flavors is to direct drip on an dripping atty, but I'm too lazy to do that; I just use my baby T3 tanks to sample new flavors.

Good luck!

Last edited:

jtc49

Verified Member
Apr 15, 2013
Kansas City
I picked up a setup of 2 Ego-T 1100mah batteries, 2 CE4s, USB charger, wall adapter and case for $39 with free shipping on Ebay 3 weeks ago. Paid $25 for my first Ego-T 650mah at local cig shop. Ordered a Vamo V2 yesterday. Like the Egos as I had backups and if I break one or lose it I won't be out much. Will be using the Vamo at home and the Ego's when I'm out running around.

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
Katya's link and suggestions are good. The Kangers are easy to clean, and with their smallish wicks, most of the previous flavor can be rinsed out to get ready for the new flavor. Or change to a new head for a new flavor.

I like to use the Vivi Nano for new flavors. They're sort of like a tiny bottom coil carto tank, good flavor, easy to fill, clear tube so you can see how much juice is in.

AltSmoke.com | Nano Clearomizer - 510 Thread | Electronic Cigarette | Ecigs | has the lowest prices on them that I've come across.

hi-147

May 15, 2013
singapore
  • Deleted by sonicdsl
  • Reason: Spamming for postcount

floridaBMW

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2012
S. Florida
I can't count how many juices I've bought that I hated. Sample packs and dripping as was suggested is the way to go. Check for a brick and mortar vape shop, u can then usually vape their flavors and pic fr that. In fact that is how I recently found my daily juice. It's tough with juice, what one vaper loves another vomits.... Happy hunting!

Ken

lmp9002002

Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Florida
Second what Katya said, the Vision Spinner 1300Mah is the best entry-level value on the market IMHO. I'd pair it up with evods, t2's, protanks, or Vivi Novas/mini novas. (not that they offer all those in that kit, but those are all amazing options). 510 drip atty's are great for testing flavors, even some cheap RDA rebuildable dripping atomizers work well too. For example, my favorite way to test flavors now since i got it is the cheapie dripper atty from sun-vapers.com. They have a lot of great products on there (it's tough to go wrong with pretty much anything on there, although i'm not the biggest fan of the T3 due to leaking issues that mine had) and those dripper attys are like $5, high quality, and once you get the hang of it, rebuildable.

Mike36609

ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2012
Mobile, AL
+1 for what Katya said, with an addition. Get some cartomizers to go along with your kit. My personal recommendation would be Smok Tech cartos, though Boge and Kanger are also widely available. Learning to use the cartos will keep you from going back to smoking when the frustration occurs that often accompanies clearos.

Don't get me wrong clearos are great when they work properly, and terribly frustrating when they don't. Clearos, depending on a lot of factors can, and frequently do, leak, gurgle and give dry hits. When they don't work properly they can try the patience of experienced vapors. Cartos, if properly filled, and that is easy to learn, never leak leak, gurgle, or give dry hits. Cartos are so much more consistent and predictable and I think that is an important factor for new vapers.

My two cents, YMMV.

clnire

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2013
Florida
I buy sample packs, 6 ml or less per sample. It can end up costing more in the long run, but I am not stuck with a bunch of 10ml or more bottles of juice I don't care for. And I can always buy a bigger bottle of juice I really like. Then there is the question of what flavors are you interested in? tobacco? fruit? dessert? bakery? exotic? Taste is so subjective, and your taste will change over time as you give up the nasties and really enjoy vaping. Lots of good threads here on juice and juice vendor reviews. As for hardware, there are several good suggestions here, I don't think you would go wrong with any of the recommendations.

Vale46

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2013
Uk
Seams ok, better than what I started with! E lites!!!! Rubbish, over priced Blaa Blaa.... With the ego type thing evod for me is best for when you've found juices you like. To try different juices, maybe boge 510 pack of 5, as quite cheap and you can load your juice samplers in them. Load of how to vids on YouTube, but as far as juice, taste is subjective, so you just have suck it and see! Good luck. Btw ce4 clearomizer not great.

aushizz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 20, 2013
hopefully the beach
Hi aushizz and welcome to ECF.

Yes, it's a decent kit, but for 10 bucks more you can get a much better one, IMO.

http://www.myvaporstore.com/Vision_Spinner_Joye_Ego_C_Twist_Combo_p/vvs-c.htm

It's fully customizable--you have a choice between an eGo-C twist and a Spinner, and the Kanger clearomizers are much better than the C4s--they are bottom changeable coil heads, which makes them not only better performers but they are also much cheaper to run.

I recommend getting one (or two) Spinners, a T3 and an eVod--and some extra atomizer coils; they don't come with the kit and have to be purchased separately.

The best way to sample flavors is to direct drip on an dripping atty, but I'm too lazy to do that; I just use my baby T3 tanks to sample new flavors.

Good luck!

thanks Katya! I will go with your suggestion and try the tasting methods suggested by others as well.

Katya

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2010
SoCal
+1 for what Katya said, with an addition. Get some cartomizers to go along with your kit. My personal recommendation would be Smok Tech cartos, though Boge and Kanger are also widely available. Learning to use the cartos will keep you from going back to smoking when the frustration occurs that often accompanies clearos.

Don't get me wrong clearos are great when they work properly, and terribly frustrating when they don't. Clearos, depending on a lot of factors can, and frequently do, leak, gurgle and give dry hits. When they don't work properly they can try the patience of experienced vapors. Cartos, if properly filled, and that is easy to learn, never leak leak, gurgle, or give dry hits. Cartos are so much more consistent and predictable and I think that is an important factor for new vapers.

My two cents, YMMV.

Yeah... but they are not trouble free... they burn! :evil:

So yes, get a box of cartos, single-coil Boge or Smoktech, but make sure you fill them properly and top off early and top off often--or else. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread