Status
Not open for further replies.

Filthy-Beast

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2011
Chicago
I foolishly just purchased it without reading, but I might have to cancel the order. Does it not come with a prong small enough to make micro coils? I typically use a 1/16" drill bit.

Yes, it does come with a 1/16" mandrel.

they are in MM so not exactly. the 1.5mm, 2nd smallest, is .059 inches, 1/16 = .0625. this is right between the two mandrels DZ was shipping with his jig.

jifjifjif

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 11, 2011
Vape Canaveral, FL
i made a few extras just for fun.

I carry a small cotton ball around inside my REO Grand so I can rewick on the go, if I want to. I am thinking about storing one of those coils I made inside my REO also, but then I would need a tiny phillips head screwdriver to keep in there too. Safely, of course.......

Then, I would have everything I need to re-wire and re-wick my RM2 anytime; anywhere.

oplholik

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 22, 2011
San Bernardino area, So. Cal.
Hmmm, maybe I'm screwed up here. I had purchased a smaller 2 rod set from JoAnns, and the rods from that one are mixed up with the 5 pc. set from michaels. The set from JoAnns didn't have the sizes I wanted, so I'm fairly sure that the 1/16" rod came from Michaels 5pc. set. I apologize for the confusion.

Chrisnotes86

ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2013
Ohio
i made a few extras just for fun.

I carry a small cotton ball around inside my REO Grand so I can rewick on the go, if I want to. I am thinking about storing one of those coils I made inside my REO also, but then I would need a tiny phillips head screwdriver to keep in there too. Safely, of course.......

Then, I would have everything I need to re-wire and re-wick my RM2 anytime; anywhere.

That's what I was saying in another thread. We need a Reo Vape Tool! It would consist of: tiny philips, tiny scissor, tiny tweezer. Attachable to key chain.

zmauls

Madman
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2013
New Jersey
Hmmm, maybe I'm screwed up here. I had purchased a smaller 2 rod set from JoAnns, and the rods from that one are mixed up with the 5 pc. set from michaels. The set from JoAnns didn't have the sizes I wanted, so I'm fairly sure that the 1/16" rod came from Michaels 5pc. set. I apologize for the confusion.

Cancelled. I'm going to Michael's.

zmauls

Madman
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 24, 2013
New Jersey
That's what I was saying in another thread. We need a Reo Vape Tool! It would consist of: tiny philips, tiny scissor, tiny tweezer. Attachable to key chain.

I will never again use a philips on my RM2. I stripped about six screws. Since I started using my 1.4mm flat head about a month ago, I've stripped zero.

mackman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
NorCal

marsos52

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 17, 2013
new jersey
I picked up one of these artistic wire gizmos today at Michaels. came home and made two micro coils in no time at all.
honestly, there the best micro coils I ever made and they work better than any micro coils I have ever vaped.

I made one a 1 0hm and one a .8 ohm than one regular .8ohm coil too. they all vape fantastic.

even these micro coils are wonderful I still say a regular coil vapes the best, and I cant tell any difference of better flavor.
regular coil I think makes a thicker cloud

to each his own I say, this is definitely the way to make perfect coils no matter what kind of coil you like best.

Lavaca5

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I almost spit out my coffee when I read this, I did the SAME thing! HAHAHAHA!

I call it "The OCD Coil." Should I send it to Rip Tripper?

OCD Coil.jpg

DasBluCig

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 30, 2013
Chichester, NH
I call it "The OCD Coil." Should I send it to Rip Tripper?

View attachment 314739

Unlike others so afflicted.......I have "CDO".....
It's LIKE "OCD"....
But the letters are in alphabetical order....the way they SHOULD be.....!!:D
Great looking coil, BTW......
Ummm.....your PV is tilted slightly to the right in your pic......!!!:facepalm:
OOPS!! There goes my CDO again!!;)
Happy (vaping) Trails!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread