Status
Not open for further replies.

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Coffee dehydrates even more. I was 10 cups per day before I began vaping and now drink 2 cups + 2 cups decaf.
From the Mayo Clinic:
from Katherine Zeratsky, R.D., L.D.
Researchers used to believe that caffeinated drinks had a diuretic effect. This means that you would urinate more after drinking them, which could increase your risk of becoming dehydrated. Recent research shows that this is not true and that caffeine has a diuretic effect only if you consume large amounts of it — more than 500 to 600 milligrams (the equivalent of 5 to 7 cups of coffee) a day.

Does coffee count? I'm not much of a water drinker but I drink 6 to 10 cups of coffee a day.

darkstorm

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Nov 16, 2011
Colorado
www.vaportrailz.com
Does coffee count? I'm not much of a water drinker but I drink 6 to 10 cups of coffee a day.
Coffee is caffeinated and caffeine actually is a diuretic. Drink water as coffee has very limited hydration properties.

The "spicy" description sounds like too much nicotine in the juice. At 11mg the peppery nicotine should be almost undetectable.

xbassman

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2012
Tulsa, OK. USA
Another new Vaper here....

I have experienced the same harshness as well.
I kind of dove in and have juice from 5 different vendors. Some have a harsh throat hit and others have none at all.

I had suspected the harshness was due the difference between VG and PG since I a 50/50 juice I received had no throat hit at all and the other juices i had at the time didn't list PG/VG content. (I presumed they were PG)
Now I am not so sure that was the reason.....

I would try another flavor.
I have bought 4 flavors from my local vape shop and one of them was the harshest of any I have tried. The other 3 from them are not harsh.

I have been blending similar or complementary flavors to use what I purchased.
Right now I am working on VK Premio Cafe blended with Wow vanilla in a Volt 808 carto that had mint preloaded. (pretty good!)

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
You're welcome. Maybe you could find a sugarless fruit juice? Some find dinking fresh lemon with water helps.I found it very tough cutting back on my Java in the beginning and also don't like decaf. Might just cut out the decaf and have 4 cups regular java and see how that goes. Some vapers have also found they're sensitive to PG and have upped their VG ratio.
V1. Dry Throat, Sore Throat
Tobacco withdrawal produces a sore throat in some people. It is unknown why this occurs but perhaps cigarette smoke ingredients have some sort of preventative or anaesthetic effect, and stop the throat becoming sore during cigarette use, which it is easy to see could cause it.
Some - but by no means all - suffer from a dry throat, or even a sore throat, when starting to use an e-cigarette due to the drying-out effect of PG.
If a person suffers from both conditions: the tobacco withdrawal sore throat, and the e-cigarette new-user sore throat, then in rare cases a fiercely sore throat can result.
PG is a humectant (attracts, ie 'sucks out' water) and when vaping the back of the throat gets coated. You can find that after sleeping, you wake up with a sore throat. Things that can help are drinking a glass of water before bed, gargling with a mouthwash to cut the PG coating before bed, drinking water throughout the day, using hard candies and drinking liquids with honey liquid through the day to keep your mouth moist - especially if you are a new user.
An alternative for those who experience more throat dryness than normal is to change to a VG-based e-liquid, which normally solves the problem.

Well, considering my many bathroom trips, I'm probably getting dehydrated. I'll have to try drinking more water in the future. I don't think I will be able to cut down on coffee intake and I tried decaf and didn't care for it. Thanks for the info Vapoor eyes er!

KaitLynnHt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2012
Buckeye Lake, Ohio
I had the same trouble with MadVapes liquid. I'm fairly new, but MV was not my first liquid vendor. I've got SI filled cartos and liquid from RAWR with my first order and had no problems with either. Afterward, I tried MV because they were less expensive. I had 2 flavors that burned my throat (Minthol and Menthol Tobacco), no matter how I drew on them or how long I let them sit in the carto before using. After a week I still got a harsh burning hit. However, I did have some Double Chocolate from RAWR that was too thick, like vaping a cotton ball. Good flavor, just really thick vapor and no hit. I mixed a small amount of that with the MV flavors and I was in heaven.

I'm still trying to figure out WHY the liquid had that original harsh burn to it, however. I'm looking to order more liquid soon, and I liked their prices. But I'm worried about that harsh hit. As I said, my cartos were full and I let them sit. I haven't been dehydrated, I haven't had any problems with the liquid I was using before and it was perfect once I cut it with some of that previous liquid.

They have great prices, a great selection of flavors and great reviews. I'd really like to stick with this vendor, but a hit that brings tears to my eyes every time is going to be a deal breaker. When I thought it was just me having this issue, I thought in my noobishness I was doing something wrong, but I'm seeing more and more people who have had the same issue.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread