Is Kayfun lite plus v2 with Vamo V5 a good combo?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phassat

ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2014
Planet Earth
Hi all! Newbie here looking for advice.
I've been smoking for more than 10 years and would smoke 1.5 packs daily. I'm smoking cloves cigarettes which takes longer times to finish (about twice vs Marlboro).

Start vaping since end of October, so it is around 3 weeks for me. Cut the cigarettes into 4-8 sticks per day which is good enough for me for a start. Hope I can stop completely.

First pv that I bought was Eleaf istick automatic with some feellife juice. Upgrade to vamo v5 and kanger aero megatank after a week.

The outlets that sold vaporizer told me to do another upgrade to Kayfun lite v2 by infinite along with mech mod.
I am not sure about the mech mod cause it seems dangerous without proper handling.

I'm interested with the Kayfun though but not sure if it'll work with my vamo. I don't want to spend too much yet as I just spent $200+ for all my vaping gears and juice.

The Kayfun will cost me another $50+ plus and need to buy the coil and cottons.

Been told that I need to make 1 ohm coil with Kayfun to enjoy it but the vamo will not accept anything below 1.2 ohm. They also told me that even with 1.2 ohm the vamo will not be strong enough to enjoy the Kayfun. Is it right?

Also with the Kayfun, can I use 100% vg?

Another thing that confuse me is that with the ohm law, If I have lower ohm, I should do lower wattage, right? But I saw them vaping with 0.8 - 1.0 ohm but with 20-30 watt using box mod such as Hana modz or vapor shark.

Sorry to be a little bit everywhere but I guess I just some confuse newbie in the vaping world and not good at technical things.

As for megatank with vamo, I think it is a bit too cold... It would be good if I can get the Kayfun to warmer a little bit than the megatank. Will it be a good step up from megatank to Kayfun?

Phassat

ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2014
Planet Earth
1.2 is great in a kayfun. But...going from an istick to a vamo is like going from a mansion to a box under a bridge. Put that kayfun on your istick.

Hi Asbestos... I think I made a mistake... It was iKit automatic.... The battery is very poor and it will have hard time to even match my kanger aerotank mega.

Phassat

ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2014
Planet Earth
You can get an EHPRO KFL+ V2 dual air hole from Fluid Vapes for $30. They are as good as any clone if not better. I run mine at 1.5 ohms and get very good flavor and vapor.

Seems like they don't ship internationally. The US pricing is much lower than my country but the shipping is always an issue.

Phassat

ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2014
Planet Earth
You can use a kayfun at 1.2 or higher easily enough. I would recommend getting one just for the fact it is much cheaper to make coils and wick than buy it. Right now my ehpro kfl+ is sitting at 1.7 and I go as low as .7. IMHO the ohms on a kayfun is all personal preference. Seem like it low others like it higher.

Hi Moorejr, Good to know that at 1.7 it is still nice.. I might give this a go at the end of the month...Do you use PG or VG on the Kayfun? I am using more VG than PG and worry that if it is too thick, it might not play well with the Kayfun.

Phassat

ECF Veteran
Nov 9, 2014
Planet Earth
Congratulations on quitting the smokes and welcome to the forum. I got my Kayfun lite off EBay for 15 bucks. And I love it. But for me it seems to taste best around 1.2 to 1.4 ohms. And it should go great with a V5. I have a V6 arriving tomorrow from a USA vendor. Just for what it's worth. :2c:

wow.... let me know later how's the combo works....

I just bought a Tobecco Atty with a slo jo mod clone by infinite.... geez... initial plan was kayfun but i am lured tooooo easyy....

Anyway... still planning on a kayfun lite plus and now I have more options to combo it with vamo v5, my new mech mod, or buy a box mod later on.... once my wife doesn't complains with all these new stuff.
Learning new things with the atty... flavor that was nice, now is overwhelm for me... so muted flavor now became nice.... But this is inconvenient [having to drip after 10 puffs], so I guess kayfun will give the best of both world.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread