NC Vape Shop Contest #3: We're giving away a Vision Spinner (normally $19.99), T-Dux 2.0 (normally $6.99), Protank 3 (normally $9.99) and lots of e-Ju

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hey ECF!

It's been a while since we've had a giveaway, so we're making this one count. This time around we're giving away a Vision Spinner 1300mAh, a Kanger Protank 3 (on sale for $9.99 at the moment), a Smoktech T-Dux 2.0 1.8 ohm Clearomizer, and a bunch of e-juice to 5 lucky ECF members.

The topic this time is the exciting world of e-liquid bottles. Okay, maybe that isn't exactly exciting, but NC still wants to know what you guys think. What makes a good e-liquid bottle? What are some characteristics you're fond of? Bottle material (i.e. glass vs plastic, type of plastic, etc). Do you have a favorite type of bottle?

Answering these questions isn't mandatory for entry, they are meant to give you a general idea of what we're interested in learning. You can be as specific or as general as you like. If you don't have an opinion, you can still enter the contest by posting in this thread.

Let us know what you think!

Contest Breakdown

1st: Vision Spinner 1300mAh & 30ml e-Juice
2nd: Kanger Protank 3 & 30ml e-Juice
3rd: Smoktech T-Dux 2.0 1.8 ohm & 15ml e-Juice
4th & 5th: 30ml e-Juice

Instructions:

1. Head over to NC Vape Shop and create an account (if you don't have one already). Your account will be automatically added to the loyalty program, allowing for 10% off all purchases (use IVAPENC at checkout).

2. Reply to this thread and tell us what you think.

3. Entries will be accepted until 10:00PM PST Saturday (3/29/14).

Winner Selection:

1. After the contest closes, a list of entries will be made. Max 1 entry per person.

2. An n-sided die will be cast 5 times (n = the number of names on the list). The die will be recast in the event of duplicates (winners can only win once).

3. The first winner will receive a Vision Spinner 1300mAh + 30ml of juice. The second will receive a Kanger Protank 3 + 30ml of Juice. The third will receive a Smoktech T-Dux 2.0 + 15ml of Juice. The final two will each receive 30ml of Juice.

Note: Winners may opt for two 15ml bottles instead of a single 30ml bottle if they choose.​

4. Winners will be announced via this thread. I will send a PM for address confirmation & e-juice preference.

Fine print and other boring stuff:
No purchase necessary, void where prohibited. You must be at least 18 years old and of legal smoking age in your local jurisdiction to enter. Contestants must be from the USA. By entering this contest and creating an account at NC Vape Shop you are agreeing to these terms.

Last edited:

dolphins35

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 22, 2012
Spanaway, Wa
I will be first ;)
I like the soft plastic bottles with the mini short needle tip. They are sorta foggy, not the clear.
I don't know the official name of the plastic, but I can describe it as a soft and pliable plastic cause it squeezes very easily.
That's a bonus for me and my Arthritis. :)

Thanks for the contest!!

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Easy! The kind of bottles UK EcoPure uses. The have a deeply sloped top edge & spout which means all of the liquid in the bottle can actually be got out. The Hangsen type that have a flat, right angle edge below the threading drive me insane as they always leave at least 1 ml in the bottle that you can never get out.

Heden Aklowd

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 3, 2013
Ferntucky, NV
I will be first ;)
I like the soft plastic bottles with the mini short needle tip. They are sorta foggy, not the clear.
I don't know the official name of the plastic, but I can describe it as a soft and pliable plastic cause it squeezes very easily.
That's a bonus for me and my Arthritis. :)

Thanks for the contest!!
I agree with dolphins those are the plastic bottles that are the best.
The hard clear one are a pain to get juice out of.
Glass dropper bottles are a nice option, but I don't know if I would pay the extra if given a choice.

MikeNice81

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Feb 24, 2014
NC
Personally I prefer glass bottles with a dropper for anything over 10ml. I just feel better with large amounts in glass. I'm not as concerned about some kind of chemical steeping in to my liquid. It isn't that I believe the juice seller is purposefully using sub standard equipment. However, we've all heard the horror stories about kids toys and pet food from China.

Under 10ml I like plastic that is easily squeezed. The juice isn't going to last as long. So, the chemical concern isn't as big of a deal and it is more convenient to carry around.

Jomoke

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 16, 2012
Connecticut
I prefer glass bottles with droppers especially if it's a strong smelling juice such as a hot cinnamon. I sometimes think with plastic the scent of one juice will somehow effect another if I put them close together. I store my juice by flavors so this isn't really a problem with the plastic which I would prefer with a needle tip.

Delarob

ECF Veteran
Dec 30, 2013
Delaware
Hmmm, where to start? Ok, glass or plastic doesn't seem to matter much to me because I go through the liquids so fast, it doesn't have time to permeate. Well, ok maybe one did. For some unknown godly reason, I purchased a 10ml bottle of dill pickle flavored e juice. Yes, dill pickle. I like pickles. Maybe dill isn't #1, but I could eat them all day. this stuff is so.... face scrunching horrid, that it even stunk up my clearomizer. Thinking back now, coconut custard was not a good choice to follow pickle in that tank. :(

So anyways, what really matters more to me is if the opening of the bottle is large enough for me to get my syringe inside to extract the juice. I use the CE3XL clearomizers. Yeah, they don't hold a lot but I like to vape different flavors through the day and I don't like carrying around a dozen large tanks so the small ones work great for me. You have to refill these with the handy dandly syringe looking like a drug addict or insulin user, so hence the syringe. Now we all know how that juice likes to cling to the bottle and thiose last drops are hard to get out. (especially with those flavors we all REALLY love. You know you've shaken, tapped, rocked and done everything you can to get those last precious drops out...) It's kind of a pain to tilt the bottle to the side to try and get it to fill so I just pour it into a shot glass and go from there. (very important tip. DO NOT do shots of liqour while filling tanks. You don't want to grab the wrong shot glass.) So to make a long story longer, I like it when I can get the needle all the way to the bottom and savor every bit.

I too like a little bit of a gap in the label so you can see how much is left. i.e. when it's time to reorder. Drip tips are nice for the big tanks, so too are the dropper tops, but I just end up ripping those off. I haven't found a use for them yet but if anyone has any ideas....

And lastly I think I prefer a bottle that has a little bit of tint to it, but not extremely dark would be ideal. I'm getting older and my eagles eyes are a bit more like a chicken hawk now. When I get those cobalt blue bottles, I have to hold it right up to a light bulb and squint to see what's left inside.

That's about it for now. :vapor: Oh, and thank you for the chance to win.

Last edited:

Reddhott

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 19, 2011
cartoon land,usa
first of all ty for such a generous contest!
i like glass bottle if i order 60 ml or more with a soft plastic bottle with needle tip included.
if its a smaller size i like the soft plastic bottles with the mini short needle tip,makes filling easier. hard plastic has no give so sometimes i cant even get a drop out of them.
:)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread