Nic OD or somthing else

Status
Not open for further replies.

Magish

Jan 8, 2009
Well of course I do. however if it was that easy to just not use any nicotine at all then there wouldn't be any problem in the first place. The doctor was pretty realistic about it, he said to avoid energy drinks ( i told him i drink them ) and watch my nicotine use. so im still using some obviously .... and a cup of coffee in the mourn. im feeling much better today btw.

PeteMcArthur

ECF Veteran
Sep 27, 2008
Scotland
I think that we can say that a small minority of people seem to be very susceptible to ingestion of nicotine via vapour. We have seen a few cases now, hardened smokers that have had extreme reactions to vaping. I really can't figure out what is going on, I seem to be immune to the effects, I can vape with 36mg liquid for hours along with quite a bit off snuff and all that happens to me is a very mild headache. Perhaps it is the combination of PG and nicotine?

What is clear is that some people can be affected in a very bad way, we need to be careful here, we don't want people hurt.

NISEI

Dec 15, 2008
Mesquite, TX U.S.A.
I don't understand this phenomena. I was a smoker for 21 years. I started with Marlboro lights, then camel lights, then camel no filters, till eventually I was pretty much a Marlboro Red smoker probably for a good 10+ years.

I have been vaping for now 26 days I have gotten numerous amounts of liquid on me and constantly use 36mg liquid. I even mixed a bottle of 18mg with a bottle of 24mg and use that also. I have never felt any of these symptoms and frankly other than watching "Thank You for Smoking" never heard of OD'ing on nicotine.

So is it suffice to say when you get 24 or 36 or 18 or 11 or whatever strength of liquid that each drop contains said strength? Or is it more like there is 36mg of nicotine in the liquid split up between each drop, in which case you would be barely getting any nicotine just like a cigarette?

I treat the e-cig just as I would a cigarette and do not constantly use, in fact I have easily given up those morning cravings and overall if I was smoking analogues I think I would be smoking way less than the pack plus a day I used to smoke.

I guess I just don't understand how people are OD'ing on this.

End of rant....... :thumb:

Frankie

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2008
Slovakia

Frankie

ECF Veteran
Nov 13, 2008
Slovakia
That was 36mg Wicked if I remember correctly.

I've experienced symptoms with Janty, e-cigs.co.uk and Wicked eliquid. Strangely enough I got no symptoms with 18mg Johnson Creek at all.
Because it is something like 15 really. 18 in 1.2 ml makes how much in 1.0 ml? The kids are sleeping and I can´t count :D

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
Because it is something like 15 really. 18 in 1.2 ml makes how much in 1.0 ml? The kids are sleeping and I can´t count :D

Yes, that's right, 15mg per 1ml for 18 Johnson Creek :rolleyes:

I wonder if they use a different kind of nicotine or something because I didn't notice any buzz at all with it yet can feel a buzz with 11mg and higher in other brands.

mimi

Dec 30, 2008
East Tennessee
I had been using a generic pen style for 2 weeks or so everything seemed fine. then all of a sudden i was shakey and pounding heart beat. several days later i feel better, but im still having strange heart palpatations every now and again. Im not using my e-Cigs right now just the analogs ( sucks because i had just got that new dura and yentl and can't use them ) any way i had been using low carts except one day i used a high.

my question is, is it normal to have symtomps from one over dose for days, or is it somthing else thats messing with me like the PG?

Magish,

Hope you're feeling better now. IMHO, it's too much nic. The same problem has kept me from sleeping well the past 2 nights. LOUD pounding fast heartbeat. I've only been vaping 11mg, so I lowered it to 4. Still the same. Finally this afternoon, switched to zero. It does seems better but, the nice peeps on this site say it might take a while to go away.

After more thought it dawned on me that the fast heartbeat started the night I got my usb-direct-thingy (you like those tech terms?:)) from puresmoker. Oops! Guess I vaped (11mg) for an hour solid without even realizing it. Betcha that got me a delayed nic OD. Oh, this is just too easy.....we'll have to be careful.

Trying now to treat this more like an analog - put it down for a while instead of constantly puffing.

Maybe these liquids do effect people differently....wouldn't be surprised. I smoked 1.5 of salem lights for decades, yet the 11mg is plenty strong for me......TOO strong if I over-vape. Glad the zero nic liquid exists!!

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
I'm glad you worked out what the problem was Mimi, I suspect some people don't even consider nicotine.

Just for a quick, rough idea of what you vaped:

There are approximately 20 drops in 1ml
I vape 2 drops on an efficient atomiser in 5 minutes
That is 24 drops in an hour of constant vaping
24 drops is close to 1ml
1ml of 11mg eliquid equals 11mg of nicotine
That's around 11 average cigs or 22 low nic cigs in an hour.

mimi

Dec 30, 2008
East Tennessee
I'm glad you worked out what the problem was Mimi, I suspect some people don't even consider nicotine.

Just for a quick, rough idea of what you vaped:

There are approximately 20 drops in 1ml
I vape 2 drops on an efficient atomiser in 5 minutes
That is 24 drops in an hour of constant vaping
24 drops is close to 1ml
1ml of 11mg eliquid equals 11mg of nicotine
That's around 11 average cigs or 22 low nic cigs in an hour.

Wooooooooowwweeeeeee, no wonder!!!! Thanks Kate, for the math! Me thinks I better order some lo nic flavor that doesn't taste so good. Then maybe I'll behave better & quit vaping _too, too_ much....:(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread