Question about steeping and expiration

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbailey412

Dec 8, 2015
I recently recieved an order from Nicoticket and some of the bottles have an expiration date that has already passed (10/24/15). When I asked them about it they told me it wasn't really expired (amber bottles halt the steeping process they said) and they've since switched to using "Born on" instead of "Expires on" (why send a bottle that says it's expired when it's not?) Even the ones that have born on are over a year old.... I don't know a whole lot about eliquid storage but I've always heard juice lasts a year or so... is it normal for vendors to send juice this old and is it safe to vape? What would you do?

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
Until the expired date gets to be one year ago or more. I would ignore it. The only dates I use are the date I recieve a bottle or mix a bottle. Although there is no official rule as to longevity of E-juice. I don't consider juice as OLD, until it has been mixed or in the bottle over 1 year. FWIW I buy Steeped to Perfection juice form MyVapeJuice. These juices are 3-9months old, before they even ship, and I still let some of them age a bit longer after I get them. Also the STP line of juices are the only juices I buy that are not mixed to order.

dbailey412

Dec 8, 2015
I'm having trouble understanding, on one hand you said ignore until the expired date is over one year ago (so total of two years), and then you say you dont consider juice to be old until it has been mixed or in the bottle for one year. Some of these bottles are mixed October 2014 and have an expiration date of October 2015. You are saying it is OK to vape this expired liquid? Also I wanted to elaborate the expiration isnt an arbitrary date I made up, Nicoticket made the expiration date themselves, I received liquid on 12/3/15 that has a label on it that says "Expires: 10/24/15" just wanted to make sure I was clear.

dbailey412

Dec 8, 2015
I'm having trouble understanding, on one hand you said ignore until the expired date is over one year ago (so total of two years), and then you say you dont consider juice to be old until it has been mixed or in the bottle for one year. Some of these bottles are mixed October 2014 and have an expiration date of October 2015. You are saying it is OK to vape this expired liquid? Also I wanted to elaborate the expiration isnt an arbitrary date I made up, Nicoticket made the expiration date themselves, I received liquid on 12/3/15 that has a label on it that says "Expires: 10/24/15" just wanted to make sure I was clear.

this was meant as a reply for 93gc40, sorry I'm a newb.

vgjohnson

ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2014
Charleston , SC , USA
I recently recieved an order from Nicoticket and some of the bottles have an expiration date that has already passed (10/24/15). When I asked them about it they told me it wasn't really expired (amber bottles halt the steeping process they said) and they've since switched to using "Born on" instead of "Expires on" (why send a bottle that says it's expired when it's not?) Even the ones that have born on are over a year old.... I don't know a whole lot about eliquid storage but I've always heard juice lasts a year or so... is it normal for vendors to send juice this old and is it safe to vape? What would you do?
Got the same thing , it is perfectly fine if you don't want it send it to me .

93gc40

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
California
this was meant as a reply for 93gc40, sorry I'm a newb.

I'm saying since there is NO consensus as to the longevity of E-juice you have to decide the limits for yourself.
I don't buy mass produced and for the most part juice from an INVENTORY. Mainly because I don't know how old it is. The exception is MyVapeJuice and their Seeped to Perfection line. Otherwise I only buy fresh juice or make it myself. IF I bought a juice that was 1 year old when I got it, and I was expecting FRESH. I would complain. I wanted fresh. In your case I would complain. I wouldn't want a juice with an expiration, especially one, that is past. If a juice is going to sit on a shelf for a year or more I would rather it be MY shelf. At least this way I know the conditions it has been exposed too. I feel comfortable with MY juice that is 1 year old, or less. Beyond 1 year I have questions and concerns. That said I am vaping off a bottle, right now that was bottled October 2014, which I bought in February.

dbailey412

Dec 8, 2015
I'm saying since there is NO consensus as to the longevity of E-juice you have to decide the limits for yourself.
I don't buy mass produced and for the most part juice from an INVENTORY. Mainly because I don't know how old it is. The exception is MyVapeJuice and their Seeped to Perfection line. Otherwise I only buy fresh juice or make it myself. IF I bought a juice that was 1 year old when I got it, and I was expecting FRESH. I would complain. I wanted fresh. In your case I would complain. I wouldn't want a juice with an expiration, especially one, that is past. If a juice is going to sit on a shelf for a year or more I would rather it be MY shelf. At least this way I know the conditions it has been exposed too. I feel comfortable with MY juice that is 1 year old, or less. Beyond 1 year I have questions and concerns. That said I am vaping off a bottle, right now that was bottled October 2014, which I bought in February.

Thanks for the clarification. I think i'll ask and see if they'll do anything for me, just sucks because I was running low and counting on this.

vgjohnson

ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2014
Charleston , SC , USA
Kent will take care of you but I think you are missing out on some really good juice . I got a free 60mls of Frenilla with my order yesterday that is to die for, its dated expires 10/27 15 . They have a state of the art lab and most of the regulars would be thrilled get something that well steeped . Post on the nicoticket forum and see what happens

dbailey412

Dec 8, 2015
Ignore it.

It will be delicious! Guaranteed!!

I have bottles over 2 years old in my stash. They are still amazing! NT is one of the only ones that get better with age!

Sent from my Commodore 64 using Tapatalk

I just don't understand why it has an expiration date on it then, wouldn't that kind of freak anybody out? I understand it may be safe and taste fine but if I paid for it shouldnt it at least be unexpired according to Nicoticket?

Reactions: cllmda

dbailey412

Dec 8, 2015
Kent will take care of you but I think you are missing out on some really good juice . I got a free 60mls of Frenilla with my order yesterday that is to die for, its dated expires 10/27 15 . They have a state of the art lab and most of the regulars would be thrilled get something that well steeped . Post on the nicoticket forum and see what happens

I already emailed them, I was kind of torn because I do believe you but I just really feel awkward vaping juice that says it's expired... It's the same with food, even if its just in my mind, its just grosser past the expiration.

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
I make sure all the fine wine i buy has a "best used by" or "expiration date" on them , when you are trying to impress that special lady nothing shows you care more than proving to her you splurged on a bottle that is still within the "best used by" date .

Just my opinion of course

Reactions: vgjohnson

vgjohnson

ECF Veteran
Sep 5, 2014
Charleston , SC , USA
I make sure all the fine wine i buy has a "best used by" or "expiration date" on them , when you are trying to impress that special lady nothing shows you care more than proving to her you splurged on a bottle that is still within the "best used by" date .

Just my opinion of course
THAT WAS FUNNY !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread