Radioactive

Status
Not open for further replies.

IndubitablyMe

Oct 24, 2012
Maryland
I just made my first Nicoticket order after having dripped Custard's Last Stand for the first time. I was completely blown away by it -- right up my taste palette and just totally delicious. I also grabbed some smaller bottles of H1N1 and Radioactive as I've heard good things about both but haven't tried them. I prefer vaping fresh out of the mail as I'm too impatient to steep (I will if I have to, but will start using a juice as soon as it's vapable.) Of these three juices, which would benefit the most from sitting for a while and which would be best to start using immediately?

CorallineAlgae

ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2014
Washington, LA
I just made my first Nicoticket order after having dripped Custard's Last Stand for the first time. I was completely blown away by it -- right up my taste palette and just totally delicious. I also grabbed some smaller bottles of H1N1 and Radioactive as I've heard good things about both but haven't tried them. I prefer vaping fresh out of the mail as I'm too impatient to steep (I will if I have to, but will start using a juice as soon as it's vapable.) Of these three juices, which would benefit the most from sitting for a while and which would be best to start using immediately?

It's very subjective but I like to steep Custard's Last Stand for at least a couple of weeks. H1N1 I let steep for about a week. Radioactive I love right out of the mail but many people don't touch it until after a 1-3 month steep. Best advice is to vape some now and see what you think. If you like it keep going but if you're not happy with the flavor put it away for a couple of weeks.

All three of these flavors will get smoother and richer tasting with time. I LOVE the aggressive bite of fresh Radioactive but prefer to let CLS and H1N1 mellow out over as long a steep as possible. If you're just starting out with Nicoticket, vape what tastes best and order more of what you like.

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
www.nicoticket.com

First - welcome to the NT family!

CLS will benefit from the steeping process the most, followed by Radioactive. Never-ever steep the virus.

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
www.nicoticket.com
It's very subjective but I like to steep Custard's Last Stand for at least a couple of weeks. H1N1 I let steep for about a week. Radioactive I love right out of the mail but many people don't touch it until after a 1-3 month steep. Best advice is to vape some now and see what you think. If you like it keep going but if you're not happy with the flavor put it away for a couple of weeks.

All three of these flavors will get smoother and richer tasting with time. I LOVE the aggressive bite of fresh Radioactive but prefer to let CLS and H1N1 mellow out over as long a steep as possible. If you're just starting out with Nicoticket, vape what tastes best and order more of what you like.

Also on point - this is a really subjective answer to a difficult question.

keithu2

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Honolulu, HI, USA

CLS will benefit from the steeping process the most, followed by Radioactive. Never-ever steep the virus.

Oh no! Will you take back the bottles of H1N1 I have from last year?

They've all turned dark, dark brown - almost black. :blink:

dmska

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 9, 2011

Fwiw, I prefer the Virus fresh. Radioactive is good fresh, but then again I've never tried it steeped.

Mattnatti

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
Oh no! Will you take back the bottles of H1N1 I have from last year?

They've all turned dark, dark brown - almost black. :blink:

Yeah, same here. I have four 50's of old TA virus dated 11/29/13. They are my four bottles of "Dom " in the cellar. :vapor:

Sure, I'll take em :evil:

You have been good to me Clark but you won't get any of mine. :D

Woody_

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2014
Croatia
First day on Radioactive and don't know what to say...it's just perfect! Like someone know exactly what will I like and made it :) Hell,I didn't know what will I like :)

When tried Virus,I was blown away. So different from many others liquid on the net. No artificial flavour,no parfume in it. So I tried CLS,again great one. Maybe to sweet for me,but with time it gets
better and better.
Then I tried Betelgeuse,Frenilla...and again no suprise , pure heaven. And again,little too sweet to my taste (nothing is perfect),but will let it steep a while.

As I mention,today I tried Radioactive,and this is it,from the first hit,perfect (did I say nothing is perfect, LOL)
It's obvious that I like little less sweet liquids (my ADV non NT juice is Inawera Gold Ducat), so I guess Radioactive did it for me.

However, I order some new stuff , Apricot Ambition,Root Beer Float,Banana Pudding , I'm sure it will be treat as well,and I like to try something new.
Now I feel sorry for not order also at least 50ml of Radioactive :( But it will have to wait ,still money not grow in the trees,not here in Croatia tho :)
Btw, how longer will be Radioactive available,what's your guess Kent?

VAscooter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 23, 2014
Springfield, MO

What do you mean never steep the virus. I've been steeping a week because SOMEONE said to steep the virus. Well I guess that means when I get my new bottle Monday I can crack it right open.

CorallineAlgae

ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2014
Washington, LA
First day on Radioactive and don't know what to say...it's just perfect! Like someone know exactly what will I like and made it :) Hell,I didn't know what will I like :)

When tried Virus,I was blown away. So different from many others liquid on the net. No artificial flavour,no parfume in it. So I tried CLS,again great one. Maybe to sweet for me,but with time it gets
better and better.
Then I tried Betelgeuse,Frenilla...and again no suprise , pure heaven. And again,little too sweet to my taste (nothing is perfect),but will let it steep a while.

As I mention,today I tried Radioactive,and this is it,from the first hit,perfect (did I say nothing is perfect, LOL)
It's obvious that I like little less sweet liquids (my ADV non NT juice is Inawera Gold Ducat), so I guess Radioactive did it for me.

However, I order some new stuff , Apricot Ambition,Root Beer Float,Banana Pudding , I'm sure it will be treat as well,and I like to try something new.
Now I feel sorry for not order also at least 50ml of Radioactive :( But it will have to wait ,still money not grow in the trees,not here in Croatia tho :)

Definitely definitely agree! Radioactive is my absolute favorite largely because it has a bite and isn't as sweet as many other NT juices. CLS and PBC aren't super sweet for me either. I honestly would prefer if Radioactive was just a little less sweet. Radioactive gets sweeter and the bite gets softer over time. When it's fresh it's perfection, but after a month it starts to get too sweet. Now that my Radioactive is older I'm vaping CLS more often.

I've been asking for a less sweet tobacco release for a while in the suggestion thread. It would be great if you could recommend something less sweet as well. Maybe Clark could just make one liter of less sweetened eliquid when he makes a new batch of juice and offer it through special request or on the forums. I'd order 100ml of less sweet Radioactive and H1N1 minimum every time.

I wonder if cutting normal 6mg Radioactive with 6mg unflavored eliquid would cut the sweetness and not reduce the flavor too much? May have to try that.

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
www.nicoticket.com

better and better.

Honestly, I am surprised Radioactive is still up... I've never seen a batch last two months past the release date, or 3 months past mix. At the point where it is now, I figure if you haven't tried it, you'd be a damn fool not to pick up a 15ml bottle because Radioactive is a deep deep steep and, right now, you can get a prime time bottle FOOB. Slam dunk IMHO.

How long? Kinda depends on demand... I didn't think it would be up now. It has a loyal following, but I think it has taken a deep steep back seat to the SR's so it's not getting consumed like some of the others. There's always a second wave when people revisit that long lost bottle and panic because they only have 50ml... hard to tell when that'll happen for some though.

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
www.nicoticket.com
I love my radioactive after a couple weeks of steep! It just seems too sweet to me fob. The more it sits the more it mellows out for my taste. Now to order more in NZ to cut my higher nic levels down!

To me, Radioactive, even fresh, is the least sweet liquid in the line-up... with one possible exception... PBC. PBC (as it was originally conceived) was intended to stabilize as my own grandma's PB cookies... there are obviously lots of recipes, but hers were not covered in sugar... hers were special because she made her own peanut butter so it tasted more like "organic" peanut butter. I always thought it was strange because her PB separated - you had to stir the oil that separated out from it, but once you did... OMG, best PB&J ever, best PB cookies... getting hungry just thinking about it!~

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
www.nicoticket.com
What do you mean never steep the virus. I've been steeping a week because SOMEONE said to steep the virus. Well I guess that means when I get my new bottle Monday I can crack it right open.

One of the things I have learned is that steeping is a journey, not a destination. I frequently field the question "how long should I steep it?" The answer - as long as you feel you need to. I'm just a vaper like all of you - hell - I wanted to hold Banana Pudding for a month before we released it and Katy basicly slapped me in the back of the head and said "release it, it's done." I was like... hrmmmm k... and I'm still eating crow because she was right. It's expecially true with all The Virus because it changes and evolves so much over time, but all liquid is like that. Example: There were quite a few people that disliked PBC fresh, but I personally - wish I would have vaped nothing but from the moment it was mixed until it hit the 3 week mark or so... there were other people who tried as hard as they could to love it for the first month but it never got traction, and then it was like something magical happened, the timer on the oven went off, and fresh baked cookies came out of the oven. The point is, despite the recommendation - just vape it. If you find it difficult to put down, don't matter how long I said to steep it - it's poppin for you and that's all that matters.

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
www.nicoticket.com
Definitely definitely agree! Radioactive is my absolute favorite largely because it has a bite and isn't as sweet as many other NT juices. CLS and PBC aren't super sweet for me either. I honestly would prefer if Radioactive was just a little less sweet. Radioactive gets sweeter and the bite gets softer over time. When it's fresh it's perfection, but after a month it starts to get too sweet. Now that my Radioactive is older I'm vaping CLS more often.

I've been asking for a less sweet tobacco release for a while in the suggestion thread. It would be great if you could recommend something less sweet as well. Maybe Clark could just make one liter of less sweetened eliquid when he makes a new batch of juice and offer it through special request or on the forums. I'd order 100ml of less sweet Radioactive and H1N1 minimum every time.

I wonder if cutting normal 6mg Radioactive with 6mg unflavored eliquid would cut the sweetness and not reduce the flavor too much? May have to try that.

Herein lines the subjective nature of taste - I would totally agree about the "bite" - but my palate tells me Radioactive gets less sweet over time. Strange but true.

nanusic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 23, 2014
Myrtle Beach
One of the things I have learned is that steeping is a journey, not a destination. I frequently field the question "how long should I steep it?" The answer - as long as you feel you need to. I'm just a vaper like all of you - hell - I wanted to hold Banana Pudding for a month before we released it and Katy basicly slapped me in the back of the head and said "release it, it's done." I was like... hrmmmm k... and I'm still eating crow because she was right. It's expecially true with all The Virus because it changes and evolves so much over time, but all liquid is like that. Example: There were quite a few people that disliked PBC fresh, but I personally - wish I would have vaped nothing but from the moment it was mixed until it hit the 3 week mark or so... there were other people who tried as hard as they could to love it for the first month but it never got traction, and then it was like something magical happened, the timer on the oven went off, and fresh baked cookies came out of the oven. The point is, despite the recommendation - just vape it. If you find it difficult to put down, don't matter how long I said to steep it - it's poppin for you and that's all that matters.
Well... that answer's the ? I had earlier and have felt about all of the liquids I have tried in the past. I say, try it when you get it, and YOU decide if it's ready or not! I personally don't think anyone can make that decision for anybody else! But....you just said that, didn't you? :toast:

CorallineAlgae

ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2014
Washington, LA
Herein lines the subjective nature of taste - I would totally agree about the "bite" - but my palate tells me Radioactive gets less sweet over time. Strange but true.

Perhaps it's just me. CLS get less sweet over time and Radioactive gets more sweet. Maybe my tastes buds are wrecked. I already know that I can't taste a lot of fruit flavors in eliquid.

Still, these are my top two eliquids so we're just talking about minor details. No need to change a thing. I can adjust it at home. It's more fun that way anyway. I'd still love to see a truly dry tobacco one day but I may just try to DIY it... in between massive orders of Radioactive. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread