Status
Not open for further replies.

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
www.nicoticket.com
Well... that answer's the ? I had earlier and have felt about all of the liquids I have tried in the past. I say, try it when you get it, and YOU decide if it's ready or not! I personally don't think anyone can make that decision for anybody else! But....you just said that, didn't you? :toast:

Absolutely! No one can decide if it's done for you, but you. Drip "in the name of science" - if you have difficulty recapping the bottle, that's a good thing.

The other trap... sometimes I will pick up a bottle, enjoy the hell out of it, and then say to myself "man, I can't wait to see what this tastes like in X weeks" - and then, sometimes, I come back to it in two weeks and it wasn't where I hoped it would be, or, I just want where it was, back. It's one of those "enjoy the moment" things. Of course the grass is always greener on the other side, but for the love of all things vaping, don't cap a bottle you are enjoying because I told you that it's going to get better. LOL What do I know? :evil:

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
www.nicoticket.com
Perhaps it's just me. CLS get less sweet over time and Radioactive gets more sweet. Maybe my tastes buds are wrecked. I already know that I can't taste a lot of fruit flavors in eliquid.

Still, these are my top two eliquids so we're just talking about minor details. No need to change a thing. I can adjust it at home. It's more fun that way anyway. I'd still love to see a truly dry tobacco one day but I may just try to DIY it... in between massive orders of Radioactive. :p

I just enjoy hearing people describe the experience - it really is subjective, that's the cool part about it. You've said several times you get fruit notes from liquid I know there is absolutely no fruit in... but hey, that's part of the fun!

CorallineAlgae

ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2014
Washington, LA
I just enjoy hearing people describe the experience - it really is subjective, that's the cool part about it. You've said several times you get fruit notes from liquid I know there is absolutely no fruit in... but hey, that's part of the fun!

So true. I'm sensitive to sweet fruit flavors or anything even mildly similar, whether in eliquids or food. For instance, real strawberries and oranges are too strongly flavored for me to enjoy eating. My favorite real fruits are avocado, cucumber and chili peppers. Not exactly the sweet stuff. That rules me out of any discussion on fruity vapes. I don't understand sweet fruits.

Still, I'm an expert with making all kinds of custards and use whole Madagascar vanilla beans when cooking them. It was insta-love when I hit Nicoticket. Whatever base you use tastes real to me. That flavor I understand.

But whatever you use to get that woody "Special K" flavor in Radioactive trumps all. Serious mojo.

keithu2

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Honolulu, HI, USA
Honestly, I am surprised Radioactive is still up... I've never seen a batch last two months past the release date, or 3 months past mix. At the point where it is now, I figure if you haven't tried it, you'd be a damn fool not to pick up a 15ml bottle because Radioactive is a deep deep steep and, right now, you can get a prime time bottle FOOB. Slam dunk IMHO.

How long? Kinda depends on demand... I didn't think it would be up now. It has a loyal following, but I think it has taken a deep steep back seat to the SR's so it's not getting consumed like some of the others. There's always a second wave when people revisit that long lost bottle and panic because they only have 50ml... hard to tell when that'll happen for some though.

Don't worry I'll be back for more. The other SR's have overshadowed it for now, but I need to stock up before Wakonda drops. I only have 5 bottles left . . . :unsure:

Timbuck55

ECF Veteran
Jan 1, 2014
Queens, New York, United States
Ok, ok, ok... So I must talk about this. When I first received my Radioactive, I did not like it very much. It had a very off putting taste to it to me. I didn't slander it but I definately was out right saying I didn't like it. Well, I decided to open up the bottle as I just built a nice .33 ohm dual coil in my Patriot. I'm about to go out and eat then have beers with the fellas so a tobacco type vape is in need. Typically I run to my h1n1 or h1n1/frenilla mix in these situations. My RA is born on 4/22 so it's had some time to relax, only got a 15ml bottle thats basically still full. I must say.. This stuff is good now! It had a chemically taste to me when I first got it but now it's tasting delish! So I have to retract my previous statement that it wasn't good. It's popping now!

5spike

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2014
WI
Been dripping Radio and thoroughly enjoying it. Patriot clone 1.0 ohm, cotton, nemesis. Earthy, Slight vanilla, ever so slight sweetness. I even get just a hint of nutmeg for some reason.
Decided to try taking it on the road and set up a Taifun 1.2ohm cotton, MVP at 11 watts. Got going on my way, took a toot.... What the heck! ROOT BEER! Not kidding. Just root beer, no float, just root beer. Reminded me of taking the dark brown gallon jug to A&W for a refill. By the time you get home with it it's half flat but still tasty.
Thought maybe I got something mixed up with the Radio but I only keep out the bottles I'm using and the only other bottle out was Wakonda. Vaped the whole tank over next couple days.
Going to see if I can recreate next time I want some root beer since it's not a ADV for me. Still awesome just not everyday. Back to the dripper.

keithu2

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 13, 2013
Honolulu, HI, USA
Been dripping Radio and thoroughly enjoying it. Patriot clone 1.0 ohm, cotton, nemesis. Earthy, Slight vanilla, ever so slight sweetness. I even get just a hint of nutmeg for some reason.
Decided to try taking it on the road and set up a Taifun 1.2ohm cotton, MVP at 11 watts. Got going on my way, took a toot.... What the heck! ROOT BEER! Not kidding. Just root beer, no float, just root beer. Reminded me of taking the dark brown gallon jug to A&W for a refill. By the time you get home with it it's half flat but still tasty.
Thought maybe I got something mixed up with the Radio but I only keep out the bottles I'm using and the only other bottle out was Wakonda. Vaped the whole tank over next couple days.
Going to see if I can recreate next time I want some root beer since it's not a ADV for me. Still awesome just not everyday. Back to the dripper.

The rootbeer you were getting is from one of the flavorings in the juice. We were all guessing but one reviewer picked out what it was right away. My first impression from a beta bottle was a sweet, spicy, almost gingery flavor. I may have forgotten to shake the bottle well, but, nonetheless, was told I was "tripping" by a respected source. :unsure:
I guess he was right. I've "tripped" my way into 11 bottles so far . . . .

5spike

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2014
WI
The rootbeer you were getting is from one of the flavorings in the juice. We were all guessing but one reviewer picked out what it was right away. My first impression from a beta bottle was a sweet, spicy, almost gingery flavor. I may have forgotten to shake the bottle well, but, nonetheless, was told I was "tripping" by a respected source. :unsure:
It just seemed really strange it was so much of a difference between dripping and the Taifun. Had that before with other juices, just not that extreme.

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
www.nicoticket.com

hahaha - tripped into 11 bottles ;) More proof, taste is subjective. ;)

Dave Bowman

ECF Veteran
May 26, 2014
Long Island
So I recently vaped Radioactive for the first time and I really enjoy it. To me, vaping The Virus and Radioactive is like listening to an orchestra. The Virus has everything: the percussions, wind instruments, strings. The flavor is 50 different sounds all coming together to form a wonderful movement. Radioactive is like listening to just the string instruments. There is much less notes but you are able to concentrate more closely and there are fewer, yet more pronounced sounds coming through. Radioactive has a wonderful 2 or 3 flavor note with a great sun-cured tobacco flavor stealing the show. I do love hearing people describe their different experiences vaping the same juices that I do because it makes me realize that all of my experiences are unique to me and that while we are all made up of the same stuff, our tastes can be so different and personal.

Kent Brooks

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Apr 24, 2013
www.nicoticket.com
So I recently vaped Radioactive for the first time and I really enjoy it. To me, vaping The Virus and Radioactive is like listening to an orchestra. The Virus has everything: the percussions, wind instruments, strings. The flavor is 50 different sounds all coming together to form a wonderful movement. Radioactive is like listening to just the string instruments. There is much less notes but you are able to concentrate more closely and there are fewer, yet more pronounced sounds coming through. Radioactive has a wonderful 2 or 3 flavor note with a great sun-cured tobacco flavor stealing the show. I do love hearing people describe their different experiences vaping the same juices that I do because it makes me realize that all of my experiences are unique to me and that while we are all made up of the same stuff, our tastes can be so different and personal.

I'd be interested in having you, and others, construct a narrative description of Radioactive. I honestly have trouble describing it?

mistike

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2014
Los Angeles, CA, USA
I find it comes out better in my clearos than H1N1. Less muted, probably because it's much more straightforward. I taste only Tobacco and Vanilla. It's just right when I want something simpler. To me, Wakonda has replaced H1N1, but Radio still has a special place. I like the orchestra analogy. Sometimes I want something that will let me relax without having to sort through all the flavors, and that's Radio.

I only have two smallish bottles, letting them steep for a while.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread