SS Megaodon - Problem/Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamesd1628

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 23, 2010
Chattanooga/Ringgold
Okay, I have both a SS Don and an aluminum one. The aluminum fires much better than the SS version. At times, I have to press the button really hard on the SS version to get it to fire right, and even then, it just doesn't work as well as the alum version (even using the same bettery, which I will switch back and forth just to see if there's something wrong with me rather than the device). Of course, the alum version has the brass switch, where the SS has all SS parts, including the switch. I assume that is the difference, as it's my understanding that brass conducts electricity better than SS. My question is whether there is anything I can do to the SS verion to get it to fire like the aluminum one. All of the parts are clean, so it's not a corrosion/gunk problem. I would buy one of the brass switches for the SS version, but (i) they are never in stock, and (ii) the brass switch on my aluminum Don won't fit the SS Don - threading doesn't match, apparently. Anyone know of any other potential solutions to this problem?

tinstar15

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 29, 2009
Lakeland, FL
I had the same issue. I just took the SS screw/spring combo and swapped them for a brass version. Keeps the button SS. Fixed the problem and maintains the looks. I use an entire brass button assembly every now and then when I feel like it. It was a little rough at first but it worked in after a few turns.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread