Tried Vaping one more time! last timewas 2008 ... Things HAVE CHANGED!!! Alot!

Status
Not open for further replies.

craigsdocks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2013
Northeast USA
www.craigsdocks.com
Just got into this again, yesterday to be exact at 1:30pm (my new vape arrived in the mail at 11:30am had to charge batteries), I took my first vape once again after 4 years without one

I got into e-cigs back in mid 2008 ... boy things have changed so much and I am glad I looked into it again!

Back in 2008 I ordered one of those cigarette style e-cigs with a carto that you drip the fluid in and Dekang juice, which I found out fast back then it made my throat hurt badly and tasted somewhat like swimming pool water on the after taste.

Then I went to Intelicig, got their e-cigs and dripped them full when they would run out with Ecopure Rich from Intelicig, this was worlds better and no swimming pool water taste, but since I was a heavy smoker of Marlboro Red's it seemed I was having to drip them pretty much after about the same time it took me to smoke a regular cigarette and the vape really varied.

Then I was having to recharge the batteries constantly and having a pack of regular cigs sitting there I was sort of switching between the two because of the total inconvenience of it all, light up versus dripping and getting a very inconsistant vape, well eventually it was just not an option and was a real pain besides the fact I was not 100% commited to quitting and even if I had been, I doubt at all I could have with that equipment (this is just my opinion and what happened too me).

So now I bought several batteries the two different models of e-cigs and basically liquids from many other places as well ... I would say at that point I had $300.00 give or take in all the stuff I had got ... so I stuck it out longer than I normally would have because of the costs, but it was something I could see was such a pain and not very satisfying that it wasn't going to last, all the while I was still using analogs in between charges for throat hit and down time because e-cigs really didn't feel like my throat did when smoking analogs.

Fast forward several years later with all the latest info and a few weeks of reading this forum and watching 100's of Youtube video's I felt ok, I would give this another try, knowing I had to have something I did not have to fool with and would vape the same constantly basically like a real cigarette because if its anything less I know how I am ... I was just not going to constantly mess with it and would reach for the analogs again and again when stuff wasn't super easy and gave me a pause (because this is what happened last time I tried this)

So yeah I looked at Ego Twists and similar styles with tanks but realized ok thats alot better but it seemed I wasn't going to get the constant perfect vape and I might be inclined to reach for a analog but the cost was fairly low to do this and should I try that?? I almost did, maybe I should have maybe not? I have no idea, it might have been enough? ... but I was really thinking hey just go crazy and give this one last Huge Push! ... I mean at this point I am into $375.00 worth of analogs a month so if using that as logic I could pretty much buy anything on the planet if I took my monthly burning costs into account for a purchase

Then I said ok lets just do it (was very tough to do I admit even with me burning up $375.00 a month in analogs), looked at several mods, usually still based on price ... but then it occured too me hey you are burning up several hundred dollars a month on analogs why not just get whatever "I" think is the most reliable out there?? ... Hell with it I said just get the damn Provari, screw the cost and from what I saw online if I hated it and couldn't take using it ... they look to be worth a ton of cash even used and whats even better they will fix them if they break ... that in itself is worth double in my mind than basically all other mods just for that fact! maybe even more than that!

So yeah yesterday with my new Provari V2.5 in satin silver, extended cap with the big battery and a Vision Vivi Nova tank and one 510 atty (so I could drip test the flavors I had real quick to figure out what I wanted to pour in my Vivi tank) I was like ok this 24mg Whitehorse from Provape was going in the Vivi and took a drag and said Holy ....! yes I actually said Holy .... this is NOTHING! NOTHING! like what I had before (felt totally different in my throat, tasted alot different), but was this going to stay like this all the time??? or is all this just Provari constant vape hype all b.s.? I read no where that is was hype but hey you never know until you do it and everyone will be totally different and I was very disapointed in the past.

I really had no idea that it would be this good, the liquid I was vaping was nothing like in 2008-2009 that I had ( I realize there were tons of liquids even back then and could of prolly found others but this is my story and I didn't find it back then, even then it was prolly the device itself that causes a totally different vape taste as well), I could taste no bad tastes at all, just clean and crisp nice, WOW! it seemed like one of the first times that something was actually beyond what I thought it could be!

Now I realize people will say hey you could have got this mod or that mod cheaper or even a Twist or something like that ... and like I said that may have worked for me as well, but this was my last go and I just didn't care ... I wanted what in my mind was going to be something that if it failed I could just say ok I gave it one more good try at least based on what I have read about and it didnt work, I will need to figure out another alternative, quit analogs, patch, gum etc. which I was not really no where near being able to do in my mind, my willpower on this really sucks lol.

The moral of all this is ... that if you have tried the analog looking e-cigs years ago or even currently and its just a pain, maybe you are happy with the taste but its driving you crazy screwing with stuff all the time or maybe you think the taste sucks? and want to try again? don't listen to people telling you not to spend the cash if you got it to get off analogs, something like this might just change you mind for good ... just do it, I found its worth it and if you are like me and a long while back tried e-cigs and failed give it another try, it might just surprise you, it did me enough to write a damn huge post lol

Now others mileage may be different but this is my story and 26 hours later I havent had a analog ... in that same time the day before I would of had about 45 of them already in that same time, never had to even change the battery yet, only put more fluid in tank once (took like 20 seconds) and I been sucking on this like a mad man lol

Hope this might help someone that was or is in the same situation as I was ... I have no idea if this will last for me it seems like magic and I keep thinking in my mind how can this be?? hopefully that mindset goes away because if it werent for only that I would say right now I will never go back to an analog ever again.

Equipment:
Provari V2.5
Vision Vivi Nova Tank (long wicks)
Joyetech 510 atty
Retired: Tons of other stuff from 2008-2009 read post above for more info on that

cactus71

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 11, 2012
NM
Thanks craigsdocks for the incredible "returning vaper" story. I only started 3 months ago and can't imagine what the gear/juice was like years ago, but bet I wouldn't have stuck with vaping either. Congrats on finding the right setup to get you off analogs and that you find truly exceptional. Oh, and welcome to ECF too.

blazerbuck

Jan 22, 2013
Avon,IN
Welcome and your story is a lot like mine, tried it years ago and it just didn't come close to the technology that is out now. I am a vaper for life if the powers that be allow it. I love trying new flavors so may look into a drip set up for home use. Enjoy the wide world of vaping, I just got back into it 2 months back and am learning a ton. This journey has been fun, don't miss analogs at ALL yet. My best friend got my one month old ProSmoke to try, once I knew that I was going to love vaping. I'll be converting him to vaping soon enough. Muwahhaha. And for his own good!

craigsdocks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2013
Northeast USA
www.craigsdocks.com
Yeah I guess its like anything else, new tech advances so fast that if you really didn't quite like it totally or thought if it were ony better to begin with it has probably advanced very, very fast, things usually do when they are in their beginings

I find this such a massive difference I really am in shocked mode lol

MiamiMom63

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2012
South Florida
Welcome back to vaping, Craig! I'm so happy for you finding what satisfies you :) I too love using the Vivi Nova's on my Provari! They are great together. I started vaping almost 2 years ago and I hated the Dekang stuff. I'm so glad there are so many tasty juices nowadays. Also, I have learned to DIY my 2 favorite flavors anyways, so my costs are super cheap to vape. To me vaping is like wine tasting. It's so much fun to try out the different flavors and sometimes be amazed at a flavor you thought you wouldn't like, and end up loving it. I always tell new vapers to keep in mind that if they are not satisfied with whatever setup they are using, to please check into other options whether juice, cartos/clearos, or even a different e-cig mod. I also started vaping with a cig look-a-like which was a pain in the "beep"! Then I got an Epower which is similar to an Ego. I thought I would never need another device again and was super satisfied with the vape. After a couple of months I found that it wasn't powerful enough for me and that I wasn't as satisfied as I used to be, so I got a Provari. Wow! I think you are smart in getting the best right at the beginning instead of wasting your money on different mods. Yes, some are cheaper and can sort of duplicate a Provari, but they just won't last as long as a Provari. Once you have held a Provari in your hand, there's no forgetting it! :) So have alot of fun and keep vaping! And if you ever get unsatisfied, switch it up with another juice or carto/clearo, etc!

MiamiMom63

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 17, 2012
South Florida

craigsdocks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2013
Northeast USA
www.craigsdocks.com
Yeah all things considered the Provari really isn't any more money than anything else in a longer term, the initial outlay is more yes but my thinking was hey what if I like this and it breaks? I do actually have the option of getting it repaired

Plus I am really into Made in USA stuff and precision made products, (I machine quality items myself) and am willing to pay for it, because in the past when I got something less I was always thinking what if I would have got that?? I didn't want that in my head along with all the other variables.

This was too important to me, this was not something that I thought of as a luxury as much as I thought of it as a tool to lessen smoking regular cigarettes, I just hated them but I could not even stop for an hour at a time! So I really made the greatest effort I could in my own mind.

matcas

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 26, 2012
Los Angeles Calif.
Congrats i started nov 2011 with cig a likes still smoked a lot less, but when I switched to ego's and tanks i really cut back and quit completely on my birthday over 5 months ago. BTW the provari is awesome if I would have got that first and pretty much any tank I would have quit immediately. Good luck.

craigsdocks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2013
Northeast USA
www.craigsdocks.com
Just updating 7 days so far, today was the first day when I woke up I only thought of vaping and where was my vape, its had been where are my ciggs until today, but stayed off them, was actually pretty easy after being awake a few hours, then right before bed I would think a little about them

Got alot more juice today from mt baker vapor ... still in the testing phases prolly need steeping

Been really craving the Provape Premium Whitehorse Tobacco (Love this Stuff! hard hit and full taste) constantly, so I been using it pretty much non stop except for occasional dripping attys full of other flavors from time to time, had to order another 30mg of Whitehorse tonight cause I will prolly run out sometime sunday or monday and dont want to worry about not having that in case its the only thing I am craving

Super glad I got the Provari with these Vivi Nova 3.5ml tanks super easy to use and clean and for the most part very, very good TH and Great flavor, with the exeption of one of the heads its was pretty muted ... so if you get a head thats not hitting hard try another on your Vivi tank it really makes a world of difference ... if I was buying replacement heads for the Vivi I would buy the 1.8 ohm ones they ohm out at 2.2 on the Provari the 2.4 and the 2.8 seem to ohm out at 2.9 for the both of them, though I used the one that came in it when I started (2.4ohm) and was great pretty much same as 1.8 running a higher voltage of course on the 2.4 head

Want to stop smoking? don't fool around get good stuff ... this makes such a difference you can not begin to understand its two totally different worlds

FrogHat

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2009
Virginia
I started in 2009 and for some reason I stuck around, I left the boards for 2 years and back again. Your right things have changed, I just ordered a Provari Mini and a Zen RBA.....can't wait for them to arrive. I have a bunch of mods but the variable voltage is where it's at :) and now Rebuildables......who woulda thunk.

Thank you for the advice Craigdocks.

Suspect my journey (last analog 3 weeks ago) has started like yours did originally and have gone through disposables, a very basic starter e-vaping kit, cartridges, cartos, watching a million and one youtube videos and avidly reading this forum. Know I have a long way to go before I get the set-up that's right for me, but you mentioning about investing in quality merchandise sooner rather than later has really struck a chord - (feeling very ashamed) I've just acknowledged to myself I spent £65 ( approx $100?) a week on smoking and I needed that reality check and balance- will get some money spent!

I'm still at the "I'd love a 'real' cigarette" stage: yesterday I passed a woman smoking a ciggy on a park bench and the smell was divine (sorry!) - poor lady was a bit disconcerted by a strange woman and three greyhounds hanging around sniffing the air - how sad is that! :oops:

All the best and congratulations for trying again (and succeeding this time I'm sure). Thanks again.

Lightseeker

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 26, 2011
Illinois
I started vaping just one year ago and there have been so many good wonderful changes. I started out with cartridges..then made the jump to Stardusts. Clearomizers are an AMAZING invention..now I'm using mini vivi novas. Vivi novas and a vari tube is the perfect set up for me..I don't want bells and whistles. The vivi nova looks great with the vari tube and the thing just works..flat out works. I never thought I'd be vaping something as "strange" :) as a vari tube but here I am because of the technology. Now they are coming out with screens that make W's look like W's and Vs look like Vs..5s look like 5s...it's a mini electronic sign..amazing! I'm waiting for some the bugs to be worked out of them before I go that route. I'm just way too happy with my vari tube to venture into something else that isn't exactly what I want.

And a big thank you to all the reviewers who take the time to help us understand all these changes..you have made such a huge difference in our lives. Salute!

craigsdocks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2013
Northeast USA
www.craigsdocks.com
I started in 2009 and for some reason I stuck around, I left the boards for 2 years and back again. Your right things have changed, I just ordered a Provari Mini and a Zen RBA.....can't wait for them to arrive. I have a bunch of mods but the variable voltage is where it's at :) and now Rebuildables......who woulda thunk.

Yeah been watching the rebuildables, I might try with one of the cheaper ones to see what I think about wicking, I have stainless and kanthal and silica here to rebuild my Vivi Nova's just havent needed to yet

I will most likely buy a AGA-T2 (aka AGA-T+ pyrex) to try it out people seem to be able to get those going with a learning curve, which is ok by me cause my Nova's are working well

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread