Vaping makes me tired! Please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weavah312

Apr 27, 2020
I started vaping nicotine about a year ago. I started with Vuse and after a few months I switched over to Snow Plus. Both are single pod systems, and both use (not 100% on Vuse) Nic Salts and high VG.
I love Snow Plus. Super flavorful and icy cold! Main problem is they can take forever to get to you.
So I decided to go buy a refillable pod vape pen and pick up some bottles of vape juice. I started with High VG Nic salt 3mg. And I also tried regular PG 3mg.
And with each type I noticed a few things. One, I can’t find a vape liquid that taste as good, and hits a cool as Snow Plus.
The other thing that happens is I get extremely heavy headed and tired. Just off of a few hits. It’s 100% feels like I’ve been drugged. I can barely keep my eyes open, and when they start to close I even twitch a little bit. I’m using really low nic, right? 3mg?

I can hit the Snow Plus (3mg) over and over and over again and the most I’ll get a little nicotine head buzz.
I’ve tried 8 different vape juices, all with different VG/PG ratios, but all at 3mg nicotine. Some are freebase and some are salt but I’m experiencing the same thing each time.
At least I’m pretty sure. Now some of the vape juices get mixed but I’m pretty sure I’m experiencing it with Nic salt and freebase

Please help. It is the weirdest feeling. And again the best I can describe it is as if someone slipped me an Ambien or Benadryl and they kick in immediately. I’ve just quit all together, until my shipment of Snow.

Thanks for taking the time to read this!

Matthew

• Optimistic
Reactions: stols001

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hi M and welcome,
The Vuse is offered in nicotine strengths of 15mg/ml up to 50mg/ml.
Snow plus offers 30mg/ml and 50mg/ml.
If you are vaping at 3mg/ml, you will need to vape 5 to 15 times as much juice to get the same nicotine satisfaction.
Bump your nicotine level, IMO 25mg/ml-45mg/ml of a salts based nicotine at 70% VG max.
Avoid sweeteners and overly flavored juices.

Cheers
I

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
Snow pods are 3% or 5% nicotine, they do offer 0 Nic.
Vuse varies from 1.5% to 5% nicotine.

Nicotine expressed in percentage % is much different than nic expressed in mg/ml.

Just a guess, your system has built up a tolerance/resistance to high mg/ml liquids ( 1.5% - 5% ), now you're using 3 mg/ml.

How many cigarettes per day are you trying to replace with vaping?

DavidOck

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2013
Halfway to Paradise, WA
From the SnowPlus site:

"Our Classic Pods come in a range of rich, food safe flavors and 5% to 3% nicotine options. They all"

(They also imply without saying that their juices are max VG, so may want to keep that in mind when mixing.)

That's 50 mg/ml or 30 mg/ml, a bit higher than the 3 mg you've mixed:

I can hit the Snow Plus (3mg) over and over and over again and the most I’ll get a little nicotine head buzz.

If you've become accustomed to the higher level, no surprise that you're not getting the same effect.

Hm. I don’t think you guys fully read and comprehended my post. Maybe read it again. I appreciate you getting back to me but your replies have nothing to do with my problem.

Maybe rephrase it if you think we're not getting your point?

I started with High VG Nic salt 3mg. And I also tried regular PG 3mg.

Again, their pods are 50 mg/ml and 30 mg/ml. Mixing at 3 mg/ml won't get you there.

What are we not understanding?

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
The snow plus is not 3mg it is 3% = 30 mg/ml nic.
The liquids you tried and didn't like were 3mg/ml = .3% nic. three tenths of a single percent.

Your body became accustom to the lower nicotine liquids (3 mg/ml), so when you started using 30mg/ml again,, your issue.

Maybe someone slipped some thc in your liquids.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
Hm. I don’t think you guys fully read and comprehended my post. Maybe read it again. I appreciate you getting back to me but your replies have nothing to do with my problem.
Sorry for the misunderstanding.
It seemed like you had been drinking 151 run straight and now that you switched to beer, you feel tired and bloated.

My suggestion is to lower your VG ratio and increase your nicotine level.
Also consider that , IMO, most retail juices are over flavored and over sweetened, you may have a sensitivity to an ingredient in the new e liquids you purchased.

Hope you get it sorted.
I

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain

Yes they do. 3% by volume is a far cry from 3mg/ml... 3% by volume is 30mg/ml, not 3.

So if you've gotten your body accustomed to high nicotine levels, and you suddenly drop those levels, you will experience withdrawal symptoms. And being tired is a withdrawal symptom of nicotine.

However, on the other side of the coin being tired is also a sign of nicotine overdose, so you need to be absolutely sure of how much nicotine is actually in your e-liquid...

If your bottle says it's 3mg. Then it's 3mg for every ml of ejuice you consume. If it's 3%, then it's 30mg/ml....

Understanding Nicotine Strengths

^^^ this may help.

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Both of the devices you say you started with (Vuse and Snow Plus) use pods fill via %.
That means you take the number, if it's a whole number, Add a 0 then mg, if a fraction, drop the decimal point and add mg 3% is 30mg, 2.4% = 24mg.

Are you sure you have the strength of nic in the bottles you bought? You may have gotten 3mg and not 3%.

Big difference.

Can't help on flavor, too speculative.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
Well I have heard higher nic vaping can revv you up like, and low nic can make your relaxed.

I guess you are living proof since as you did not know I don't think you could be subject to the placebo effect.

Nic levels can be confusing so I'm glad you asked.

BTW it is QUITE easy to get higher strength salts OR freebase (although 30mg/ml freebase and definitely 50 is gonna be a bit hard to take.) So you could try some other liquids than your snow.

As far as PG/VG I'm not really thinking there is much difference when it comes to sleepiness or alertness as far as I know.

Good luck, welcome and all that jazz. You will get yourself situated, I'm sure.

Anna

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread