Was just vaping and am concerned about a throat burn that hurt.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

samandmax

Moved On
Apr 26, 2017
Boston
when I started smoking at 12 years old ... it burned my throat.

maybe you are experiencing similar symptoms.

also, Vape Wild is not known for having the smoothest eLiquid.

seeing as you are not vaping to quit smoking ... maybe drop the nicotine completely.
I'm 22, highly doubt that is the issue.
Also, I use 0 nicotine.

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
I'm 22, highly doubt that is the issue.
Also, I use 0 nicotine.

Whether you are 12 or 22 when you start smoking ... chances are your throat will still be irritated.

Starting Smoking or Vaping will take some getting used to if you are new to either.

Sent via iPhone

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
I believe so, I'm using the lung hit inhale piece.

for a non smoker ... IMO, starting smoking or vaping with direct lung hits will most likely burn your throat.

not many people take smoke directly into their lungs when they start smoking ... in fact, most smokers start and stick with mouth to lung smoking.

samandmax

Moved On
Apr 26, 2017
Boston
for a non smoker ... IMO, starting smoking or vaping with direct lung hits will most likely burn your throat.

not many people take smoke directly into their lungs when they start smoking ... in fact, most smokers start and stick with mouth to lung smoking.
So that burning wood throat harsh pain is normal for me?

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
My brother smokes like a trooper and he tried direct lunging a vape of mine and coughed and spluttered a lot, it really hurt his throat.

I would imagine it would be very irritating for your throat but it does sound like a dry hit of sorts. You have most likely burnt the wick.
Why don't you open it up and see if your wick is burnt?

Glad you like vaping but I agree. Not a great idea considering you've never smoked before.

samandmax

Moved On
Apr 26, 2017
Boston
My brother smokes like a trooper and he tried direct lunging a vape of mine and coughed and spluttered a lot, it really hurt his throat.

I would imagine it would be very irritating for your throat but it does sound like a dry hit of sorts. You have most likely burnt the wick.
Why don't you open it up and see if your wick is burnt?

Glad you like vaping but I agree. Not a great idea considering you've never smoked before.
Sorry, what is the wick? I'm a newbie.

Reactions: Zutankhamun

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
Sos.
In the tank with the juice you should be able to get your coil out.
I have no idea of the device your using but usually there is cotton that is pulled through the coiled piece of wire that heats up.

You will be able to see if the cotton had scorch marks ;)

Hopefully somebody can tell you what I mean because I'm terrible at explaining.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread