Was just vaping and am concerned about a throat burn that hurt.........

Status
Not open for further replies.

samandmax

Moved On
Apr 26, 2017
Boston
So basically I started vaping yesterday with menthol e juice and yes I felt it in my throat but it felt good and didn't actually hurt....... today I tried out a gold label tobacco juice similar to marlboro lights (never smoked analogs) but reviews stated the similarity.... and got this massive throat burn that tasted like burning wood and it hurt..... is this normal?

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
I'm 22, highly doubt that is the issue.
Also, I use 0 nicotine.

Whether you are 12 or 22 when you start smoking ... chances are your throat will still be irritated.

Starting Smoking or Vaping will take some getting used to if you are new to either.

Sent via iPhone

Zutankhamun

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 22, 2015
Rapture
My brother smokes like a trooper and he tried direct lunging a vape of mine and coughed and spluttered a lot, it really hurt his throat.

I would imagine it would be very irritating for your throat but it does sound like a dry hit of sorts. You have most likely burnt the wick.
Why don't you open it up and see if your wick is burnt?

Glad you like vaping but I agree. Not a great idea considering you've never smoked before.

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
I believe so, I'm using the lung hit inhale piece.

for a non smoker ... IMO, starting smoking or vaping with direct lung hits will most likely burn your throat.

not many people take smoke directly into their lungs when they start smoking ... in fact, most smokers start and stick with mouth to lung smoking.

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
Will I get used to it?

Why would you want to get used to it?
Find a different set up that is more suitable (lower power higher Ω) and or liquids you like, why torture yourself.

This is silly, if you put your hand in scalding water enough times you'll get used to it, what damage is being done in the process & why would you put yourself through it.
Pain is a warning sign from your body...

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
Haha.
So, the lung inhale will take some getting used to regardless of dry hit?

Yes, just like anything new to you. And while I generally do not encourage non-smokers to start vaping, you're an adult and can do what you want. Might as well give you good information to help you.
The eGo AOI is a low power device, made to help you get into vaping. No settings, one button 5 clicks on 5 clicks off, and not a large range of coils to confuse the user. While it may b e sub-ohm, you're not going to get into cloud competitions with it. It's a start(er).

SupplyDaddy

I'm considered a Mad Scientist in some circles!
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
San Antonio, Texas
So I'll replace the coil and should be fine, thanks man your a scientist I presume?
In no way shape or form. Just a Vaper that has made this a hobby. I make most of my own mods and my eliquids, and the only reason I even have an eGo AIO is that the wife didn't like it! I had to make a new one for her to replace it. She complains that she doesn't have enough mods (6).. LOL

Vapefiend

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Connecticut
I need a little bit more information in order to help you; what type of setup do you have for vaping? How much nicotine is in your juice? Do you know the VG and PG content? Did you literally just start vaping yesterday? Drinking plenty of water/ fluids? How much are you vaping? Also is this experience only with the new flavor?

Reactions: samandmax

Vapefiend

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2015
Connecticut
What do you mean by e liquid literally on my coil? I filled e juice to the fill line inside of the aio.
A dry hit is when your coil (cotton) does not absorb your ejuice as fast as your vaping. When the cotton does not absorb the juice and you fire the device your basically vaping burned cotton and a hot coil. 65vg isn't too high but for the device your using it could be if your chain vaping. VG is more viscous than pg and will take longer to wick ( longer for the cotton to absorb)

Reactions: Eskie

samandmax

Moved On
Apr 26, 2017
Boston
My brother smokes like a trooper and he tried direct lunging a vape of mine and coughed and spluttered a lot, it really hurt his throat.

I would imagine it would be very irritating for your throat but it does sound like a dry hit of sorts. You have most likely burnt the wick.
Why don't you open it up and see if your wick is burnt?

Glad you like vaping but I agree. Not a great idea considering you've never smoked before.
Sorry, what is the wick? I'm a newbie.

Reactions: Zutankhamun

samandmax

Moved On
Apr 26, 2017
Boston
I need a little bit more information in order to help you; what type of setup do you have for vaping? How much nicotine is in your juice? Do you know the VG and PG content? Did you literally just start vaping yesterday? Drinking plenty of water/ fluids? How much are you vaping?
Sure thing, I'll list everything below.
VG 65% / PG 35% HIGHER VG
0 nicotine
Joye eGo AIO Starter Kit
Yes, started vaping yesterday.
Drank an iced starbucks coffee right before vaping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread