What will you do if/when you completely run out of E-juice after stockpiling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

kbeam418

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2015
Toledo,Oh
I welcome the new FDA created Black Market Entrepreneurs. Thank you FDA for your wise and insightful decision to choose such a light handed approach to regulating vapor products for the safety of the little brats in our society. You are so wise and fair in your public protecting duties. May you all rot in hell...

Keep in the mind the "black market" will just be friends helping each other out. It's people who refuse to let the government bureaucrats tell ME what I can and can not do with my body. We American voters never voted for this, hell we never even talked about regulating personal vaporizers. I am sick of the way this government just keeps taking rights away. I'm stocking up and if some smoker needs e-liguid or some coils made, you bet I'm going to help. This new black market isn't about money, it's about saying no to the government and it's about staying alive.

MagicJosh

ECF Veteran
Feb 21, 2015
Boston, MA, USA
It's actually funny how easy it is to get the (other stuff)! I can't get a TFV4 clapton coil at 12 am but, if I wanted to, I could get the (other stuff) in probably 15 mins. Black market is the new free market.
I live in Mass. I know some states have more strict laws on vaping, and understand the frustration. Your right, its so sad, You get the other stuff' so easy and vaping is getting hit with laws that should be for the other stuff not vaping. It would be so sad to see a vapor go back to smoking! That's what frustrates me the most.

Reactions: ScandaLeX

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
It's looking like I'm going to have to ween myself from vaping way sooner anyways. Between cars breaking down left and right and twin toddlers, I'm too broke to even afford diy juice from a buddy. And now my main mod died, and my backup is on its last legs. That with the 40% upcoming tax in my lovely state makes affording my only hobby impossible. Bye bye, vaping.
This was one sad post to read.

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
It's actually funny how easy it is to get the (other stuff)! I can't get a TFV4 clapton coil at 12 am but, if I wanted to, I could get the (other stuff) in probably 15 mins. Black market is the new free market.
You could get a TFV4 clapton coil at 12 am from someone you know with one.
You'd just have to meet them in a dark alley & tell no one so you both wont be looked at as manufacturers! :sneaky:

RoseB

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 3, 2012
Washington
When vaping is no longer an option I'll quit. It's coming up on four years since I've started. I've vaped zero nic for a few months. There is no doubt in my mind I can quit. Stopping the e cig is not even a smidgeon as miserable as quitting cigarettes.
After I quit I am going to do everything in my power to not pick up smoking or chewing again. I want to avoid all nicotine replacements. While doing this I plan on telling my quit story. That is how I hope it goes down. I want to be living breathing proof that e cigarettes can really help people quit :)

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
Keep in the mind the "black market" will just be friends helping each other out. It's people who refuse to let the government bureaucrats tell ME what I can and can not do with my body. We American voters never voted for this, hell we never even talked about regulating personal vaporizers. I am sick of the way this government just keeps taking rights away. I'm stocking up and if some smoker needs e-liguid or some coils made, you bet I'm going to help. This new black market isn't about money, it's about saying no to the government and it's about staying alive.
I applaud your idealism, but black markets by their very nature are bound by no rules. Black market vape will not be just for nicotine, there are way too many other things that can be free based and vaporized. The black market won't be anything like our current state of affairs. I am pretty confident that nicotine solutions will be available via black/ grey market routes, but hold no illusion that it it will be a friends/ family affair. There will be steep penalties when we cross that bridge into the dark market, and the players will have only finance as an incentive to offer whatever products they choose to sell. What is unknown is how many folks will be willing to participate in black market purchases to partake of a far less harmful product than combustible cigarettes. Pricing may be an obstacle for a thriving black market, with risk, prices increase. How much will vapers actually pay for illicit goods before deciding to quit, or use whatever product do receive approval, or just return to smoking. It will be interesting to watch from the sidelines.

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
Keep in the mind the "black market" will just be friends helping each other out.
Long before the deeming I was one of those helpers who was taken advantage of by friends who enjoyed the hell out of vaping as long as they weren't paying for it. Those people I no longer help. :(
Since the deeming, I dont want to help anyone but myself.....allow me to explain why....

I've been talking, educating, informing people about what the FDA has done to vaping. Most I talk to dont have a care in the world that :censored: just got real! They think this is nothing. :eek:
Why should I spend my money to once again help those who refuse to help themselves?

Now very recently I helped someone who was having difficulties. I gave him my TID box mod & Magma RDA- didn't charge him a dime cause his current situation is one in which he didn't have extra money to make ends meet, let alone vape. I also gave him a 120ml bottle of juice. He told me a friend sent him 500ml of juice. GREAT! :thumbs:
Yesterday afternoon this joker showed up on my porch with an empty 60ml bottle talking about "Can a brotha' get a fill up?" :blink:
How he ran out of 620ml's of juice in less than 2 weeks I don't even wanna know & don't care.

I told him NO & clsoed my door!

kbeam418

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2015
Toledo,Oh
I applaud your idealism, but black markets by their very nature are bound by no rules. Black market vape will not be just for nicotine, there are way too many other things that can be free based and vaporized. The black market won't be anything like our current state of affairs. I am pretty confident that nicotine solutions will be available via black/ grey market routes, but hold no illusion that it it will be a friends/ family affair. There will be steep penalties when we cross that bridge into the dark market, and the players will have only finance as an incentive to offer whatever products they choose to sell. What is unknown is how many folks will be willing to participate in black market purchases to partake of a far less harmful product than combustible cigarettes. Pricing may be an obstacle for a thriving black market, with risk, prices increase. How much will vapers actually pay for illicit goods before deciding to quit, or use whatever product do receive approval, or just return to smoking. It will be interesting to watch from the sidelines.

It's not an illegal substance, the FDA can't realistically target a black market.

Reactions: ENAUD

kbeam418

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2015
Toledo,Oh
Long before the deeming I was one of those helpers who was taken advantage of by friends who enjoyed the hell out of vaping as long as they weren't paying for it. Those people I no longer help. :(
Since the deeming, I dont want to help anyone but myself.....allow me to explain why....

I've been talking, educating, informing people about what the FDA has done to vaping. Most I talk to dont have a care in the world that :censored: just got real! They think this is nothing. :eek:
Why should I spend my money to once again help those who refuse to help themselves?

Now very recently I helped someone who was having difficulties. I gave him my TID box mod & Magma RDA- didn't charge him a dime cause his current situation is one in which he didn't have extra money to make ends meet, let alone vape. I also gave him a 120ml bottle of juice. He told me a friend sent him 500ml of juice. GREAT! :thumbs:
Yesterday afternoon this joker showed up on my porch with an empty 60ml bottle talking about "Can a brotha' get a fill up?" :blink:
How he ran out of 620ml's of juice in less than 2 weeks I don't even wanna know & don't care.

I'll help people out but it's not going to be free. I make $100 dollars a week (I work at a college), drive a 25 year old truck, pay insurance, pay gas and pay for vaping. I don't believe in charity you want to vape, you got to pay. You can call me an :censored: but at least I don't get scammed.

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 2, 2013
BC Canada

I PIF'd a bunch of commercial juice to a friend since I began DIY and can't vape commercial juice at all, its far too sweet. It was bout a dozen jugs of assorted 30's. Time went by and asked again if I had juice so I gave some more, not quite as much and he left. The other day he now asked if I would sell him my juice since he likes the juice I make for my wife(HS desert ship/Sig cotton candy). No that ain't going to happen and told him nicotine is getting hard to get even though I have 3 liters in the freezer. I have to hassle with acquiring ingredients and my wife and I vape exclusively tobacco flavors so those might fall to the FDA regs and become a commodity.
Since the FDA is rocking the vape boat, I'm not sure whats going to happen up here in Canada I've become a greedy hoarder that's not going to share much of anything any more.

leftyandsparky

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 22, 2015
Somewhere in the South

Good for you! Sometimes we really have to slam the doors on people for them to start helping themselves. I hope in the future he can pay it back to you in some.

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
It's not an illegal substance, the FDA can't realistically target a black market.
I'm talking about post 2018, if most of what we now use, are not approved. Open tank systems and bottled e-juice are not very likely to get PMTA's.

I guess you never saw the videos where they raided co-ops that were selling raw milk??? They went in with guns drawn ready for action, they destroyed many thousands of dollars worth of wholesome food products by dumping them out and trashing the place. Know your enemy...

ScandaLeX

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
PhiLLy
Good for you! Sometimes we really have to slam the doors on people for them to start helping themselves. I hope in the future he can pay it back to you in some.
I dont see that happening--esp considering he showed up with an empty bottle like he forgot I gave him $150 mod & juice!

kbeam418

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2015
Toledo,Oh
I'm talking about post 2018, if most of what we now use, are not approved. Open tank systems and bottled e-juice are not very likely to get PMTA's.

I guess you never saw the videos where they raided co-ops that were selling raw milk??? They went in with guns drawn ready for action, they destroyed many thousands of dollars worth of wholesome food products by dumping them out and trashing the place. Know your enemy...

That was a business, correct? I don't own a business, there might be few of us that'll make a business in the black market but people that just sell to their friends is a totally different thing. Once again the FDA isn't going to target citizens using a "non-complaint" PV. It's not illegal to posses it, it's illegal to sell it. ;)

Reactions: ENAUD

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
That was a business, correct? I don't own a business, there might be few of us that'll make a business in the black market but people that just sell to their friends is a totally different thing. Once again the FDA isn't going to target citizens using a "non-complaint" PV. It's not illegal to posses it, it's illegal to sell it. ;)
I agree with everything you posted here, but I was talking about the big picture. Sure, I don't have anything at all to worry about by having a nic stash and making my own juice, and maybe giving a close friend a bottle every once in a while. Your previous post you said the black market was going to be :
Keep in the mind the "black market" will just be friends helping each other out.
. My response was to the effect that this is your view of what the black market will be, reality will be very much different than that view in MY opinion, America is a huge place with all kinds of "players". Greed and profit are powerful motivators ;)

kbeam418

ECF Veteran
Mar 5, 2015
Toledo,Oh
I agree with everything you posted here, but I was talking about the big picture. Sure, I don't have anything at all to worry about by having a nic stash and making my own juice, and maybe giving a close friend a bottle every once in a while. Your previous post you said the black market was going to be : . My response was to the effect that this is your view of what the black market will be, reality will be very much different than that view in MY opinion, America is a huge place with all kinds of "players". Greed and profit are powerful motivators ;)

I agree, it's going to be crazy times for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread