What will you do if/when you completely run out of E-juice after stockpiling?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ian91

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Westbank, BC Canada
I have been wondering that myself. I have been reducing my nic levels so that I now have over 20 years of nic in brown bottles in my freezer. How long will nic last in that state??? I am down to 1mg now so it won't be too long before I hit zero but want to keep my options open.

Reactions: bnrkwest

Robino1

Resting in Peace
ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2012
Treasure Coast, Florida
People are under the illusion nic lasts like 20 years for some reason.
Kept in the freezer without opening....I am counting on it.

My test on already mixed liquid: Placed in the freezer without opening and right from the mailbox.

Left in there for over a year (actually had forgotten about it) then pulled it out. The freezer had basically stopped the aging process. It looked exactly the same as a fresh bottle right out of the mail.

After doing the normal aging that I do on my liquids, there was no discernible difference between the freezer stored and a fresh bottle from the vendor.

This is a liquid that I have been vaping for over 2 years. I only vape this one liquid, except now I am also getting into unflavored. I do know this liquid and how it is supposed to taste and look. As it ages normally, it gets a deeper color.

I see no reason that nic would not last for 15-20 years in the freezer. As long as the bottles are not super large and you have to constantly take the same bottle out over and over again.

Mine are in 125ml bottles. Only have to take one out and keep it in use. The rest of the bottles will be undisturbed until needed.

Nic without flavors should be good indefinitely.

AXIOM_1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
  • Jul 6, 2015
    Pennsylvania, USA

My test on already mixed liquid: Placed in the freezer without opening and right from the mailbox.

Left in there for over a year (actually had forgotten about it) then pulled it out. The freezer had basically stopped the aging process. It looked exactly the same as a fresh bottle right out of the mail.

After doing the normal aging that I do on my liquids, there was no discernible difference between the freezer stored and a fresh bottle from the vendor.

This is a liquid that I have been vaping for over 2 years. I only vape this one liquid, except now I am also getting into unflavored. I do know this liquid and how it is supposed to taste and look. As it ages normally, it gets a deeper color.

I see no reason that nic would not last for 15-20 years in the freezer. As long as the bottles are not super large and you have to constantly take the same bottle out over and over again.

Mine are in 125ml bottles. Only have to take one out and keep it in use. The rest of the bottles will be undisturbed until needed.

Thanks for posting the great info -- you da Man err Woman!

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 14, 2013
    SE PA

The problem with pre-mixed, flavored liquid is that there are a zillion different combinations of things that could be in it. Heck, a decent strawberry flavor alone has several dozen constituents. So while your experience with that particular liquid cannot be denied, it may not be valid to extrapolate it to others.

Nic base is a different, much simpler animal.

Reactions: Dieseler

Robino1

Resting in Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Sep 7, 2012
    Treasure Coast, Florida
    The problem with pre-mixed, flavored liquid is that there are a zillion different combinations of things that could be in it. Heck, a decent strawberry flavor alone has several dozen constituents. So while your experience with that particular liquid cannot be denied, it may not be valid to extrapolate it to others.

Nic base is a different, much simpler animal.

I do try to qualify my experience that I use a NET. And you are very right, other flavors may have a different experience with freezing for a long period.

My best advice would be to try it on your favorite and see how it fares. I used a 30ml bottle but I also had the time to actually test. We are running out of time and some may not have the time needed to do their own tests. :(

mostlyclassics

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    I have plenty of vaping hardware and eliquid supplies for myself. Barring the BATF confiscating my stash (who knows? it might turn into an FDA regulation one of these days), I'll be in a pine box long before I run out. I'm set.

But over the last 5½ years, I've converted maybe 60-70 people to vaping, most total strangers. I think my success rate is somewhere over 50%.

The technique is simple. Give the interested person a free cig-a-like, coach that person in how to vape without coughing so hard an eyeball pops out, let the person take a bunch of tokes off my hardware, then give him/her a card with my email address (and phone number) plus the ECF website URL. Plus any literature I'd printed out from CASAA or wherever.

Judging from all the phone calls and emails, every one of the successfully converted wound up vaping with the more advanced hardware, exactly the kind we all use and exactly the stuff the FDA wants off the market.

Now my ecumenical efforts are done. I can't in good conscience convert a likely vaper only to put him/her in the position of having to break the law to get what he/she wants in a couple of years.

I'll miss doing that.

Last edited:

kbeam418

ECF Veteran
    Mar 5, 2015
    Toledo,Oh
    'I do not think you guys have anything to worry about. Vaping isn't {other stuff} or ....... They wont just ban vaping and put you in jail for it. ....... is illegal and we can still get that pretty easily! (Not that I would, those days are over haha)

It's actually funny how easy it is to get the (other stuff)! I can't get a TFV4 clapton coil at 12 am but, if I wanted to, I could get the (other stuff) in probably 15 mins. Black market is the new free market.

Reactions: ENAUD

ENAUD

Resting In Peace
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Jul 23, 2013
    Bordertown of ProVariland and REOville
    I welcome the new FDA created Black Market Entrepreneurs. Thank you FDA for your wise and insightful decision to choose such a light handed approach to regulating vapor products for the safety of the little brats in our society. You are so wise and fair in your public protecting duties. May you all rot in hell...

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread