Which nicotine strength level(mg) is equivalent to a harshness of a marlboro cigarette?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ankle Spanker

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2008
Toronto
I have a question that I'd like to throw.

In your opinion, which nicotine strength level(mg) is equivalent to a harshness of a marlboro cgarette?

I say 14mg is the number. I know most of you guys vape 18mg or the 24mg stuff, but I mostly vape 12mg liquids, and I feel that it's a little bit weaker than a marlboro. I tried the 16mg and found it to be just a bit stronger than the marlboro, so I concluded that 14mg(which is in the middle) is the most equivalent.

As for marlboro lights, I think 10mg would be the equivalent strength level.

Please tell me what YOU think is the equivalent strength level(mg) for:

Marlboros and Marlboro lights.

Last edited:

AaronCooper

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2009
UK
Erm i think it all depends on the user..

I was smoking Mayfair (Like between Marlboro reds & lights) as well as B&H Silver (kinda like Marlboro lights) yet i vape 18-24mg.

I enjoy the throat kick, the actual nicotine content is not that of a big deal to me. I tried lower (even 0nic) but without the throat hit i've became accustom to, i couldn't settle with it.

Also it depends on the flavouring, tobacco flavours seem to have a stronger TH so you may find if you tried a fruity flavour that 14mg could be too weak of a TH.

tribalmasters

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 19, 2008
United Kingdom
A 510 probably adds 5mg of kick to any juice compared to say a 901.

Depends on the atomiser! Back when I started the 901s in 2008 I got lucky and the supplier I used had the most powerful 901 atties I have ever tried easily beating the 510! An atomiser that strong seems hard to come by these days sadly.

terrie1

ECF Veteran
Dec 16, 2009
Centralia WA
glad to read this thread...
I have been using 24mg nic. and jonsin...
until a week ago I smoked 2 pks of Marlboro red 100's a day.
Im upping to 30mg...
I have done good not smoking Cigarettes thus far,
but when the stress hits, I can't vape enough.
does this sound logical??
Yes it does. I was a 2 pk a day full flavored 100's smoker and I vape 36 mg at all times. Sometimes its a bit strong. I am putting down my pv when I dont need it more and more.

billo

ECF Veteran
May 1, 2009
Wesley Chapel, FL
Based on some very sketchy data on nicotine blood levels that I read, my theory is that you need about 120 mg juice to equal the absorbed nicotine in an analog. Probably even stronger.

Of course nobody uses 120 mg juice, but that's because vapers take a lot more puffs per day than cigarette smokers. ( I know I do.)

So, 6 puffs on some 20 mg juice might equal 1 puff on 120 mg juice, or 1 puff on an analog.

Yes, I know there are a lot of variables, but that's my guess.

The point is that when comparing vaping and analog cigarettes you must include the greater number of puffs that the vaper typically takes every day.

Last edited:

Jules22871

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Apr 7, 2009
I have a question that I'd like to throw.

In your opinion, which nicotine strength level(mg) is equivalent to a harshness of a marlboro cgarette?

I say 14mg is the number. I know most of you guys vape 18mg or the 24mg stuff, but I mostly vape 12mg liquids, and I feel that it's a little bit weaker than a marlboro. I tried the 16mg and found it to be just a bit stronger than the marlboro, so I concluded that 14mg(which is in the middle) is the most equivalent.

As for marlboro lights, I think 10mg would be the equivalent strength level.

Please tell me what YOU think is the equivalent strength level(mg) for:

Marlboros and Marlboro lights.

marlboro red to me would be like 30mg at 6v

to me, a red would be about 30mg e-liquid on a 510 at 3.7 volts (for strength and throat hit) no clue about lights I never smoked those.

I smoked 2+ packs a day of Marlboro reds and 24mg was too much for me. It gave me a headache and chest pains. I found that 18-20mg was good with a 36mg kicker when needed, just a couple of drops to kill a craving. I mostly vape 12mg now. Nic strength is as subjective as taste when it comes to the liquid. There aren't any set rules for what you need to vape compared to what you used to smoke.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread