Calling All Medical Personell and All ECF members

Status
Not open for further replies.

AvalonMyst

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
This is why I'm starting this thread.

Have you guys seen this? Perhaps we could send her a PV? ;)

Whoopi: Leave My Smoking Alone! - ABC News

I was actually thinking maybe we could try to contact her via The View and see if she would be willing to talk with her producers about doing a segment on PV's. Now that would get some big time coverage, they are one of the most watched morning shows around.

"I'm sick of paying triple because people don't like my habit" she says.. WOW.. When Whoopi herself has an issue with the $10 a pack.. WOW. I think she should be introduced to our passion now :D

I read this and literally just sent this to The View.

I know that Whoopi smokes. I was wondering if you could do a segment with her trying a Personal Vapor(electronic cigarette). I have been cigarette free from the time I picked up mine and so have many others. Best place for more information on them is at http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/
The BEST person to use for this segment that will give you the best information possible in a concise and correct manner is DoctorVapor at YouTube - DoctorVapor's Channel

He is a REAL Doctor and is a fountain of information. If you have anymore questions you can email me or call me at 407-xxx-xxxx.

I hope you will consider this as this is a life saver for those of us who used to be killing ourselves smoking. Below is a testimonial from a very longtime smoker from the ECF Forum.

This is my first smoke-free day in 52 years.
I am stunned.

After trying every way there is to quit and failing more times than I can remember, I had resigned myself to a future of increasingly severe COPD, and days ahead when I'd be dragging an O2 tank around with me, turning it off only long enough.. to have another cigarette.

As an RN, I know how miserable a way to die this is, but I'd simply accepted my fate. THIS addiction was simply bigger than me, and MUCH bigger than my addiction to alcohol and drugs once was. I've been able to pile up 29 sober years, but no way could I give up my smokes. I decided to try vaping only as harm reduction: I had no illusions left about ever be able to quit.

Got my 510 just 8 days ago and was amazed to see my cigarette intake halved within a few days, all on it's own. Then it was five cigs a day, then four, then three, and then came this morning, when I sat here holding my beloved morning cigarette, staring at my 510, and discovering that of the two options, I wanted my 510 more than I wanted my cigarette.

Not much can make me cry, but this did, because it feels like literally a life saving miracle. I can feel a difference already. I am breathing easier, coughing less, have had no need for the inhaler, am not so short of breath on exertion, and food actually has some taste to it! It's all almost too good to believe.

So let me thank all of you for simply being here and sharing, so I could read and learn from you, and make this incredible discovery.

(Now if someone could just please promise me they won't ban this option.....?????)

I hope they do contact DocVape cause he's a real doctor and will be able to give them not only a vapors point of view but a doctors point of view.

Don't forget about all of us nurses that are here too. If need be, put out a call for everyone with a medical background and ask for their help. My husband is also a member here on the boards, he used to be an EMT and then worked in Dialysis for a number of years as well. I'm a LPN of almost 17 years, worked Nursing Homes and did 5 years with Hospice, so I know what COPD, Emphysema and other smoking associated diseases do. I also lost my mother to cancer 8 years ago as well.

Now Let's get to The View and make ourselves heard. Here is the web page to make a comment and make this a reality!

The View | Contact

MoonRose

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2010
Indiana, USA
I'm honored that you included my post to Whoopie: I just love her! I'm also happy to tell you that now I have two months of smoke free days, and I am STILL stunned! COPD symptoms are just..gone, and I feel great!

Hey Scribe, how would you feel about making a personal appearence on The View to give your story in person? :D

AvalonMyst

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
This is rather long, you don't have to read it. It's mainly what I already posted plus another Forum members testimonial. I posted the following to The Views Message board to see if we can get a response from them.

I know that Whoopi smokes. I was wondering if you could do a segment with Whoopi trying a Personal Vapor(electronic cigarette). I have been cigarette free from the time I picked up mine and so have many others. Best place for more information on them is at http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/
The BEST person to use for this segment that will give you the best information possible in a concise and correct manner is DoctorVapor at YouTube - DoctorVapor's Channel

He is a REAL Doctor and is a fountain of information. If you have anymore questions you can email me or call me at 407-xxx-xxxx.

I hope you will consider this as this is a life saver for those of us who used to be killing ourselves smoking. Below is a testimonial from a very longtime smoker from the ECF Forum.

This is my first smoke-free day in 52 years.
I am stunned.

After trying every way there is to quit and failing more times than I can remember, I had resigned myself to a future of increasingly severe COPD, and days ahead when I'd be dragging an O2 tank around with me, turning it off only long enough.. to have another cigarette.

As an RN, I know how miserable a way to die this is, but I'd simply accepted my fate. THIS addiction was simply bigger than me, and MUCH bigger than my addiction to alcohol and drugs once was. I've been able to pile up 29 sober years, but no way could I give up my smokes. I decided to try vaping only as harm reduction: I had no illusions left about ever be able to quit.

Got my 510 just 8 days ago and was amazed to see my cigarette intake halved within a few days, all on it's own. Then it was five cigs a day, then four, then three, and then came this morning, when I sat here holding my beloved morning cigarette, staring at my 510, and discovering that of the two options, I wanted my 510 more than I wanted my cigarette.

Not much can make me cry, but this did, because it feels like literally a life saving miracle. I can feel a difference already. I am breathing easier, coughing less, have had no need for the inhaler, am not so short of breath on exertion, and food actually has some taste to it! It's all almost too good to believe.

So let me thank all of you for simply being here and sharing, so I could read and learn from you, and make this incredible discovery.

(Now if someone could just please promise me they won't ban this option.....?????)

Another Testimonial from a former smoker at the ECF Forum:

How I finally ended a life long battle with smoking.

My mother smoked while she was pregnant with me and my sister. I used to light her cigarettes while she was driving. One time I handed her a lit Benson & Hedges backwards nearly causing a huge freeway accident. She managed to not hit the car in front of her but had a huge burn on her lip, it didn’t stop her from grabbing the cig, which had flown out of her hand during the burn/swerving wildly, and start puffing rapidly to get the cherry back up to a glow, a look of calm passing over her face as she blew out the first inhale.

Growing up in band life, in my life, we lived in a cloud of smoke. I emptied bottles and cans stuffed with butts, I did my school work engulfed in a haze of fluffy smoke and I knew how to blow rings by the time I was ten. I would walk to the corner store with a note that said “please let my daughter buy cigarettes for me” and they would. I didn’t have to steal cigarettes from anyone as a child, they were everywhere, I only had to pick them up. I bought my own personal pack at 13 years of age from a doughnut shop vending machine half a block from my house. Newports, because I didn’t want to be like my mother (funny I know).

Most kids have to work a little bit at getting hooked on cigarettes. Your first smokes hurt the chest and make you want to throw up. I had one initial punch to my chest with my first Newport and then nothing. It was like breathing the free air to me. Newports are the worst of the worst of worst for those who don’t know. They take the shake of other brands and treat it with thousands of more chemicals and menthol the .... out of them so all you feel is BIG ole nic hit and a cool frost that immediately numbs the path of carnage you just blew through your trachea. Newports are to smoking what crack is to coke or Madonna was to pop…..cheaper, harsher and more addicting is a horrible way.

The first time I tried to quit smoking I was only 14. I vividly remember getting through two days, spaced and jittery, and then finding a pack my mother left on the couch. I remember telling myself “don’t smoke one, if you do you will never quit” and then watching my hand slowly take one out, light it up………. And so began a long and bitter battle that would last until I was 42.

At 15, I was in Montana super happy because Newports sold for half price in most QuickStops (they were not a popular brand with country folk) I was buying (with my fake ID) as much as I could hold in my van as I headed west. Once I drove my van halfway off a cliff, staring down at a 75 foot drop I scuttled out the back doors onto the road and then realized in horror I had left my smokes in the front seat. I slowly and carefully crawled back into the van to retrieve them because I didn’t think I could get through the trauma of it all without them. Yes I did that, and it’s not the worst thing I have done for my addiction.

I secretly smoked during both of my pregnancies. I cry just typing that but I did it, its true. I tried to quit and I know everyone reading this will shudder in disgust but I have to be honest. I could not quit and I smoked while carrying my babies. Thank god, not me, that they are both healthy and perfect. Everyone should be so lucky. During my first pregnancy, after a week of not smoking I was spacey and couldn’t focus. I rear ended a car in front of me and a forgotten pack of smokes flew out from under my car seat. I grabbed them and lit up faster then you could say “pathetic much?”. My point is that I would die for my children, I would be happy to die for either of them, but I couldn’t not smoke for them. *break for crying in shame……excuse me*

I helped my best friend take care of her father while he slowly died from emphysema. He smoke two packs of Camel non-filtered up to the very end and we smoked with him. At first we tried to get him to quit, but he flat out refused. As the steroids took their toll on his body his bones got weaker and weaker and he had fractures constantly. He was a sweet man and vaping could have saved the quality, if not the quantity of his years with us. Don I wish I knew then what I know now. Dawn, his daughter, still smokes to this day. Death doesn’t stop addiction, love doesn’t break it. I have watched herion addicts kick with less pain then smokers and more success. If you think quitting is just a matter of will power then your mistaken. It’s not.

I was hypnotized once, it didn’t help. I have tried patches 13 times. I had a needle in my ear for a week. I have used gum, lozenges, prayer, scent therapy, positive thought, Wellbutrin, read every death/horror story I could find, posted cancer pictures on my walls and every other thing I thought would help to quit, and for all of my efforts I quit once for 8 months and once for a year and two months. I have smoked my whole life really………42 years of smoking. 42 years of hell.

Look smoking hurts. It limits your ability to live your life. I have spent my life feeling like I was less than others because I smoked. I felt like I was less capable, less intelligent and less in control of myself. I wanted to do a triathlon but couldn’t because I had no wind. I wanted to be a nurse but didn’t even try because I found getting through a day of classes to hard without a fix. I have turned down or quit jobs that interfered with my need to light up every two hours choosing to work in bars my whole life where I could be the addict that I was. I have left movies early, cut dates short and once left James De Priestlys very last symphony because I had to have a cigarette, after having paid $200 for the tickets too. I have wheeled my ... out to the smoking area at hospitals, pee bag in my lap, to smoke. I have been humbled, I have beat my head against walls and I have cried thousands of times over cigarettes. They are so small and so unimportant but oh my god they dominated my life. They defined me.

I want to tell you about the last year I had quit. In 2009 I quit, I made it and I couldn’t believe it. Every one said they never believed I would do it. I started training for my first triathlon and started my prereqs for nursing school. I was sooooo happy I had finally triumphed! I would run past the smoking areas outside of the hospital and think “thank god I am finally free” every day. I begged my husband to quit and watched him struggle to do it and fail over and over and I couldn’t help him. Occasionally, on a really tough day I would sneak a hit of his cigarette and think “oh I don’t even like the way it tastes. I am cured”…..but I never really was. I sometimes dreamed I was smoking. It haunted me.

Of course I gained 15 pounds and spent the whole year trying to lose it. I ran a mile every day, ate little, I even tried fasting periodically and it just wouldn’t come off. That wasn’t so bad I guess except that I woke up every day and tried not to smoke, tried not to eat and tried to get along with my day. Now my whole life had become a battle of will power. Every day I went as long as I could until one day I was smoking again and I didn’t even realize how it happened. I had just thrown away a year plus two months of not smoking and it was so depressing I didn’t know what to do. I couldn’t run anymore, I couldn’t breathe. I would go to sleep at night thinking that tomorrow I would do better, get control again and not smoke. By noon the next day I would be searching through old coats or asking my neighbors for a smoke. I have picked butts up off the ground and smoked them for god’s sake. Then one night, driving in my car and feeling very sad that I had smoked that day my husband called me and told me to turn on the radio. That’s where I was when I heard Bob Alexander’s story about ecigarettes on Mike Malloys radio show and it changed my life.

Ecigarettes. Nicotine (as low a dose as you choose or no nicotine at all), polyglycerol the same as they use in asthma inhalers and food products. Flavoring if you want it. True to form I chose menthol and mint. You can vape, blow mist just like smoke, get the nicotine just like a patch and it’s as good as smoking but so much better. Ecigs………….the reduced risk alternative. The harm reduction option. The little battery operated solution that gave me back my life and my mind.

I went to Bob’s website and ordered a kit from Frank over at EasyCig before the program was even over. In fact I sped home to do it. I got my kit three days later and I for the first time in my life I am free. My husband is free too, but that is his story, not mine so I will just note it here. True, we are not free of nicotine but that wasn’t really important to me (it’s not the nicotine that kills, it’s the smoke). Now I can vape and it makes everything ok. I get a small amount of nicotine and no harmful smoke or chemicals. No carcinogens, no ammonia, no cancer, no COPD, no wheezing, coughing or shortness of breath. No smoke.

You want to know all of the things I am free of? The list is huge! Free from watching my husband struggle, he quit the first day easily as did I. Free of the guilt, the shame, the persistent nagging worry about my health. Free of the smell, the mess, the cost, the cough and the wheeze. Free to not crave all of the time! Not having this persistent itch that I just have to scratch is AMAZING! Free of the depression, the grief and the ever present sense of being a bad person for smoking. Free of the hunched over smoking areas, free of guiltily sneaking off and free of fear of being judged. Free to not have to suffer anymore. That is such a big statement I have to say it again….Free to Not Suffer Anymore.

I can run again. My wind is great. I can breathe without wheezing. I am dropping the extra weight while eating whatever I want (within my vegan reason). I go to school and know that once I am in the field, with my RN degree, I have a extra tool to help others. My mind is finally free to think about things other than cigarettes and how I shouldn’t and why I can’t and why I am …………freedom.

I know there are people out there who feel I should pay for getting addicted to cigarettes. That it is fitting and right I should suffer for it. I know there are people who will feel I should quit nicotine all together. However I am no longer blowing second hand smoke into the air and that is a good thing. I am no longer filling up endless ashtrays, and eventually landfills, with my poison butts and that’s a good thing too. I know in my heart I tried as hard as I could to quit and failed again and again. Now I am not hurting anyone else and that is a good thing. If you know someone who just can’t quit smoking then put away your judgments and get them a ecig immediately. Would you rather have your smug superiority or save a life? Refer them to the ecig forum and go to Super Beans and read “How I Quit Smoking” by Bob Alexander. Sometimes you have to pick your battles and lives can be saved, be improved, by the ecigs.

Listen it is wonderful to not be carrying this huge burden anymore. I wish it for everyone who got trapped by smoking. Please try vaping, if you can’t just quit, and be free to live your life again.

**I am just a girl who quit and am not affiliated in any way with any vendors or people mentioned in this post.****

We Love you Whoopi. We want you around for along time. Please try this. It may just save your life.
Doctor Vapor is a real MD and he is the best one to help you.

Love you bunches,
Live Long and Vape Y'all
CdrTrip

Doctor Vapor

ECF Veteran
Oct 9, 2009
Charleston, SC USA
www.youtube.com
We Love you Whoopi. We want you around for along time. Please try this. It may just save your life.
Doctor Vapor is a real MD and he is the best one to help you.

Wow...I'm honored to be included in this idea. However, I have to correct a common mistake. I am not an MD. I am a DC, a Doctor of Chiropractic. I have much the same training as a General Practitioner in medicine but my specialty is not in the medical field. My official professional title is "Chiropractic Physician". I am licensed in South Carolina, and my profession is recognized as a primary health care physician and provider in all 50 states and most other countries.

Good luck with getting the View to respond. I tried to contact the Rachel Ray show and their producers never returned my calls. Maybe it was the video I made that left a bad taste in their mouth.

Doc

CtryBoy

ECF Veteran
Jul 24, 2010
Texas
If it meant I could reach other folks who were suffering from the effects of life long smoking, you damn betcha I would!

I commented the second I escaped the real world and made it back to happy vape land. My my you've all been such industrious lads and lasses. Who would of thought we could make a little homemade ECF alphabet soup for those hard working fellas at the FDA.

If they dont want to take the advice of the Judge and take the big FOX pill, we've got an even tastier ABC variety they can take instead. Well what do you know, they might not like it when the people they've been able to kick around have two legs to stand on and the lung capacity to stand outside and Cheer for our rights.

Whoopi really got my dander up again. Thought I was free when I found my PV, but still have to fight the good fight because politicians see us as either a cash cow or an easy target or both. PLUS they can count on us to help solve the Social Security and Medicare problem by dying sooner if we stick to their proven and effective treatments.

Hmmm gotta remember to bring a big box of crackers to go with the alphabet soup we shall hopefully be serving shortly. :pop:Hmmm and some popcorn to enjoy the show(s) with too. Wait you mean I can vape and EAT popcorn at the same time, maybe these things are toooo dangerous for me to use after all. Might forget and inhale some of that nasty popcorn butter fumes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread