The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Calling All Medical Personell and All ECF members

Discussion in 'Organizations with the Ability to Listen' started by AvalonMyst, Aug 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. AvalonMyst

AvalonMyst Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Bumping up. Let's keep this gong people.

2. HeatherC

HeatherC Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jun 30, 2010
    New York
    Please we definitely need the publicity!

3. Teo

Teo Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Apr 29, 2010
    Appleton, WI

BRAVO!! and THANKYOU! I am married to one for the last 40 years! ALL RN's are Angels of Mercy! :2cool:

4. Teo

Apr 29, 2010
    Appleton, WI

BRAVO!! and THANKYOU! I am married to one for the last 40 years! ALL RN's are Angels of Mercy! :2cool:

5. Teo

Apr 29, 2010
    Appleton, WI

THANKYOU for starting this very important posting! I also took the time to send them a link and my reason for finally giving up those rolled up tar paper time bombs! Hopefully they will contact you to tell your story and to represent US on World TV to tell it! :2cool:

Hello Whoopi and The View!

Please visit http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/organizations-ability-listen/113899-calling-all-medical-personell-all-ecf-members.html

If I did-not immediately give up smoking REAL cigarettes by converting to vaping? I would not have recovered from my Stroke on April 8 2010 so quickly! All of my attending Doctors are for anything that helps us break free from analogs as we call them. Please take a few minutes of your time to review WHAT e-vaping has done for thousands of Us! I believe you will be amazed by the results! Thankyou for your time and attention to our suggestion.

Teo, Proud ECF member proudly serving Entertainers of our World Talent Agency | Booking Agent | Entertainment Agency | Corporate Event Planning | Home Page

6. AvalonMyst

AvalonMyst Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Teo, That is awesome. you have many blessings ahead of you in your long journey we call life. At least now, it's a healthier one.

7. Teo

Apr 29, 2010
    Appleton, WI

Hello cdrtrip,
    YOU are the spark that started this! THANKYOU! :toast:

Please keep it going to keep Us motivated and vocal. I always preach to the Artists we associate with (and anyone else that hears?) Stand on the Mountain Top and scream out your lungs - HERE WE ARE! :2cool: For locking oneself in a closet and whispering? NO ONE hears a word spoken!

8. Teo

Apr 29, 2010
    Appleton, WI
    Bump Up - Please:toast:

9. HeatherC

HeatherC Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jun 30, 2010
    New York
    another bump to keep it on top

10. bonniegirl

bonniegirl Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 18, 2009
    South Jersey USA
    I am an RN
    sent Whoopie a Joye 510 kit over a year ago..with a note
    no reply:confused:....no note, no idea if it reached her or the bomb squad8-o
    just sent a contact note as requested by the OP
    pray this works
    Many voices....many sounds....= LOUD
    Great idea and great OP...Let's pray we are heard
    Bonnie

Maybe we need a social group for nurses on ECF?:unsure:

11. jj2

jj2 Moved On ECF Veteran

May 30, 2009
    Hundred Acre Wood
  12. bonniegirl

bonniegirl Ultra Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

May 18, 2009
    South Jersey USA
    I sent contact over 1 month ago and no response. Thread shows no posts. Dunno why...
    Thanks for the link anywho.
    Another bumpity for a Whoopie moment....

13. texastumbleweed

texastumbleweed Ultra Member ECF Veteran

i checked out the "private forum" and it dont look private since there aint a "join group" link. plus there are no posts on there. this RN is confused!

14. jj2

jj2 Moved On ECF Veteran

May 30, 2009
    Hundred Acre Wood
    I think you have to get hold of AngusATAT. He likes his cage rattled now and then anyway. LOL

15. lonercom

lonercom Super Member ECF Veteran

Feb 1, 2010
    St. Petersburg, Fl
    I went to my pulmonologist in June after vaping for 6 months. He did a quick breathing function test... the score came back at 68. 70 is the threshhold (sp) for COPD. When he did the same test in December, the score was 61!

No more inhaler.

16. juju8212

juju8212 Full Member

Aug 22, 2010
    Michigan
    I am going to send this to the View and see if it will help... Since they won't be the first tv show to air a segment about e-cigs...

A New U.S. Health Trend?
    Four very well known doctors, from the popular TV show “The Doctors”, have shared great insight with us on the topic of the electronic cigarette. The electronic cigarette was featured as one of their top 10 key health trends for 2009.
    “The greatest issue with cigarettes is the 500+ other ingredients added, not just the nicotine. Do we recommend this for non-smokers? Of course not, but for current smokers this is the most revolutionary device to date” - Dr. Travis Stork

[​IMG]
    The Doctors, Clockwise, from left to right. Dr. Travis Stork, Dr. Jim Sears, Dr. Lisa Masterson and Dr. Drew Ordan.

None of the doctors on the show are smokers, so they used a female smoker, Beverly, as a case study. Beverly had struggled with smoking for 15 years. By day 2, this former "heavy smoker" had eliminated the use of regular cigarettes all together, and was pleased to report that she now only uses her electronic cigarette. She admits that the E-Cigarette is very satisfying and definitely recommends it to other smokers.

Here is the actual info from the show they did.
    http://www.thedoctorstv.com/main/show_synopsis/90?section=synopsis

17. frisco

frisco Super Member ECF Veteran

Jun 26, 2010
    Asheville
    I just posted also.

18. skylar

skylar Full Member

Aug 17, 2010
    Washington
    I also sent a post. Less than a week after I started using the e cig I had a doc appointment. My lungs had no wheeze for the first time in forever. The doc was quite pleased and told me to keep doing what I was doing. I also no longer use my inhaler!!

19. Vocalek

Vocalek CASAA Activist ECF Veteran

Supporting member
    Apr 7, 2009
    Springfield, VA
    Next time you see the doctor, take in a copy of the Medical Infograph: http://www.casaa.org/files/CASAA%20Medical%20infograph(4).pdf
    And perhaps run off some copies of the tri-fold brochure to pass around: http://www.casaa.org/files/CASAA-Ecig-TriFold-Brochure.pdf

20. riverwinds

riverwinds Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Aug 28, 2010
    Florida
    Hi. Those flyers were awesome. Thanks for the info. It appears that I to am becoming an advocate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.