Blu battery is stuck ON, blue LED is on constantly, even with cart unscrewed

Status
Not open for further replies.

darthv8per

Jun 27, 2012
US-Texas
Hi all,
I have a new Blu premium pack that is only 3 days old. I just took a puff on it and the blue light stayed on after I was done and the cart begin to sizzle and get hot. I had to unscrew the cart because its stuck 'ON'.

I tried tapping it on a hard surface and now I have it in front of a hair dryer, on cool, in case the cart got it wet some how... so far nothing is helping. Does anyone know how to fix this or had this happen to them? Thanks!

Harplayr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Florida
When you get your 5 posts you might want to ask in the Blu section of the forum Blu Electronic Cigarettes

I've never had a problem with my Blu batteries (going on 4 months now) so all I can say is that it is not normal and to call Blu's customer service monday morning and let them take care of it.

You're also within their return period and may want to return it and check out a better small e-cig if that's the format you want to stick with. I switched from Blu to Smokeless Image Volt a month ago and haven't looked back. While I enjyed my Blu Premium 100's I just found the Volt's tech to be better (sealed, regulated voltage, and longer lasting between charges) and their customer service to be excellent. Smokeless Image | Only The Best Electronic Cigarette | Electronic Cigarettes | Wholesale Electronic Cigarettes | E-Cigarette | Best Electronic Cigarette | Electronic Cigarette

If you want to go bigger then there are MANY options that the good people here can help you with.

But until the problem goes away or the charge disipates (especially if the battery is getting warm or hot) put it in a metal container and put it outside the house just in case it goes catastrophic.

Last edited:

Stormlark

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 16, 2012
Boise
You've probably already seen this, but here's some advice from a google search:

If your battery is stuck on and your atomizer is connected, it will burn up your atomizer. Next, tap the L.E.D. end of the battery on a hard, flat surface a few times (not too hard, just hard enough to give it a good nudge) and see if the L.E.D. has turned off. If so, your pressure switch has been unstuck and your battery should again be operational. If this did not work, try tapping the other end of the battery (the threaded end) on a hard, flat surface a few times and see if the L.E.D. has gone off. If not, try tapping each end again a little harder until the L.E.D. goes out. When it does, you have successfully unstuck your pressure switch and you can resume using your battery.

hit the thread end a few times lightly against the table. if it still stays lit, blow hard into the battery thread hole for a second. if it still stays lit, set it outside until it goes out (I doubt it will blow up - don't think there are enough mAh's (millamps)).

this usually happens just before they quit forever. you either got eliquid in it, and the diaphragm switch inside is stuck, or the switch just plain wore out. It's shorted out - and toast. Check your warranty to see if you're inside the limit for a replacement battery.

If it's fairly new, and you can't get it working, contact your supplier, and they will hopefully replace it.

If that doesn't work, you could try something that worked for me once, which is to blow on the opposite end of the battery. I'm not sure if this is safe or not, though.

darthv8per

Jun 27, 2012
US-Texas
Thanks for the info guys. I tried the tapping trick and got it to turn off and now I have it in a bag of rice like I saw in another post here. Fingers crossed... I'm hoping to avoid having to ship it back.

I actually have a Volt x2 + Clearo on the way from smokelessimage :) If this Blu dies I'll be sending it back and will get the smokelessimage kit instead.

wv2win

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 10, 2009
GA by way of WV
Thanks for the info guys. I tried the tapping trick and got it to turn off and now I have it in a bag of rice like I saw in another post here. Fingers crossed... I'm hoping to avoid having to ship it back.

I actually have a Volt x2 + Clearo on the way from smokelessimage :) If this Blu dies I'll be sending it back and will get the smokelessimage kit instead.

Once you get the Volt or just about any other model on the market, you will be sending the Blu back anyway unless you want to keep it as a backup.

Harplayr

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2012
Florida

That's great to hear that it's off now!
I'm sure your're going to enjoy your X2 when you get it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread