Common Cartomizer Questions?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monkey Arms

ECF Veteran
Sep 28, 2009
Please answer what you can...

1. How many Cartomizers a day are you going through?

2. How many times are you refilling your cartomizers?

3. How many times do you use & refill cartomizers before rinsing in water?

4. How many drops usually fills a cartomizer?

Thank You for any responses.

I'm using about 3 a day, so I don't know if I'm not being efficient. Refilled carts usually only last for an hour or two. I may be doing something wrong :)

Moonstruck

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 4, 2009
Colorado

I was a 2-pack/day smoker. When I first started vaping, I vaped non-stop all the time. Now 1 carto a day usually does it for me, but sometimes I have to start a 2nd one late in the evening.

Mostly I just throw the empties into a coffee can, but I did refill one of my favorites around 10 times because it was out of inventory on the website. Right now I really enjoy ordering new flavors, but someday I plan to start refilling.

I use the same flavor to refill so I don't rinse them at all.
Since I started using Taryn's refill method (spinning), I am able to get around 32 drops in each carto. And they last just as long as the new ones.

I'm using about 3 a day, so I don't know if I'm not being efficient. Refilled carts usually only last for an hour or two. I may be doing something wrong :)

Hope this helps.

Ghetto_Cowgirl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 11, 2009
Melbourne, Australia
I keep two going through the day, rotating. I drip through the battery end at work when it needs a top off, couple drops. At home I keep an 801 soft whistle tip in the end of my cart and just take it off, drip into the filling, put tip back on.
I have only got rid of two cartomizers since I started with the VKs about 2 months ago, and my PV is never out of my hand and I refill them all.
A fresh new cart will last maybe half a day for me, though I have to let it cool down otherwise they seem to burn up a lot faster.
Filling a cleaned, dried out cartomizer, maybe 15-20 drops depending.
I rinse them out when they start to get a funny taste, hard to explain. I do this once a week with the pile of cartomizers I have there, I always have clean, dry ones sitting in a box to fill when I feel like it.
Refilled carts will last the same as a new one, most of the time, be sure to get ALL water out of them :)

flying low

ECF Veteran
Sep 25, 2009
San Mateo, CA
Not familiar with Taryn's refill method, nor an 801 soft whistle tip.

Sounds interesting though...

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/vapor4life/47584-my-refilling-trick.html

here's the link to Taryn's Refill method. Works great.

I also rotate between 2 or 3 carts during the day. When at home, I have my PT & a batt going just to keep the carts from getting too hot. Doing this, carts will usually last about 2 days (unless I power vape which I tend to do). You will find your groove ... :rolleyes:.

Taryn

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
Florida

I keep two Cartos going at a time and neither is empty by the end of the day, I'd estimate I use about one and a half carto a day usage for me.

I've only had one carto thrown away in the nearly three weeks I've been vaping. I burned it down a bit too far, I could have probably saved that one too but I wanted to tear one apart.

Now that I have a good feel for when the carto is empty I rinse it before each refill. Tastes better to me that way.

In a fresh rinsed and blown dry carto I have gotten up to 40 drops but I now stop at 35, it seems to be the perfect number for me.

Start with a rinsed out and blown dry carto then fill it up just like those fantastic videos and try the spin trick to get even more juice in. Just look for the post called "My refilling trick" for some good information and some laughs.

Happy Vaping!!

Moonstruck

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 4, 2009
Colorado
Basically, after you fill up the carto, you just spin it around. You can use one of those little velour battery pouches, or you can just put in in something. The centrifugal force helps the liquid absorb better, then you can add more drops and do it again. I've tried it, and it works.

Here's the thread:
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/vapor4life/47584-my-refilling-trick.html

And if you haven't watched the refilling video, I found it very helpful:

http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/vapor4life/39350-refilling-cartomizer-movie.html

mephisto69

ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2009
Wisconsin

I was about a pack a day Menthol Light smoker - I go through about one to two carts per day (or one cart, and maybe a refill of another). I generally rotate between two to four or more carts (I love variety, and I get bored really easily...)

So far (only been vaping two weeks) I have refilled (topped-off) my carts about once every day and a half. As for how many times per cart? I have refilled (again, topping off) certain carts about 8 times or more.

If I change flavors, obviously once. Same flavor, maybe every three to four times...

Topping off (refilling when I notice a reduction in vapor and/or flavor) from between 15 - 25 drops. After rinsing and cleaning (letting dry from anywhere between 1 minute to an hour or more) I have had some carts fit in 25 on the low end, and 32 on the high end. Using Taryn's spinning method, I have fit about 40 in one cart.

I think that your carts should last more than an hour or two unless you are heavliy vaping, but I am not a heavy vaper, so I really don't have anything to compare it too...

mephisto69

ECF Veteran
Oct 28, 2009
Wisconsin
Wow, this is very helpful information. Thank You!

Taryn, I'm just a little confused on the top part of the cartomizer. I know I put the .... plug & condom on the battery end, but do I...... Add drops, & put the rubber piece, & white top piece & condom on top & spin, or do I just add drops, put condom on top & spin?

I just put the condom on - that way, I can see if the liquid gets absorbed, in case I want to add more, or to see if I have flooded it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread