IPV4 preorder

Status
Not open for further replies.

Petabread

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2014
Miami, FL
Because they are selling a unit based on a photoshopped picture created by Asmodus that shows it's all black, telling customers that it's all black, and they could have a lot of cancelled orders and refunds if it's not all black.

I don't see why pioneer4you would tell resellers in an email that it's all black and then post a picture of a silver unit with a black battery cover and call it a black unit on their own Facebook page. As I said before, the picture I posted and the others in the link I gave are the ONLY pictures of a "black" IPV4 that have come straight from pioneer4you. I'll take their word over any claims made by any reseller.

BTW, I don't suppose you could post a few of these "bunch of pictures of emails" so I can cross reference the pioneer4you rep, could you?

Here's the issue, revisited from the other IPv4 thread. The fact that they told vendors that the black IPv4 color wasn't finalized yet is the problem. No one knows the color, neither us, vendors nor P4Y (apparently.) Everything is hearsay, but it would explain why they are shipping the black ones out (probably the most sought after color) last.

Now, I'm not doubting what you believe will be the black color - I know they have the P4Y watermark on them. But what does that mean anyway? Look at the varying colors of the silver model (with P4Y watermarks.) No one knows, it's all speculation until we get the device in our hands. If it weren't all speculation, there wouldn't be so many inconsistencies between vendors.

I genuinely don't believe that vendors and customers are falsifying pictures of the device - I believe it's P4Y not knowing what it'll actually be, which explains the varying...everything...about this device (maybe they now know the color, but a week or so ago, they didn't.)

Which is why I said in the last thread, reputable companies don't (or shouldn't) do that. I personally have never preordered a game that I haven't seen a trailer for (not saying it doesn't happen - but I've never seen it from reputable devs.) I have never preordered a phone that I haven't at least seen an actual keynote/preview/actual, not-computer-rendered image of. I have never pre-purchased movie tickets for a movie with no synopsis/trailer.

I know you defended their decisions in the other thread, but I can't put anything past a company that takes 15,000+ orders, then changes what it'll be, doesn't show any pictures of it, delays the release 4 months, doesn't provide acurrate details about delays, a week before its supposed to ship announces they haven't even built them and don't have the parts for it, then announces they don't know what the black color will look like. Then claims they'll ship out next week (indicating they are being mass produced), then claims they're being fully tested to make sure the TC technology works right (which is a pretty bad time to test things after they apparently have been mass produced, because that makes them, essentially, mass produced prototypes if that's the case) then announces each vendor will only get 50 units (which makes consumers get ...... at their vendors.)

I guess what I'm saying is - given everything I have listed - does anything this company does really surprise you? Them possibly sending conflicting info about the black model pictures isn't even surprising at this point lol.

wooglins

Feb 18, 2015
Nashville
So I just talked to my vendor. There's good news and bad news. Good news: the IPv4 is definitely shipping out this week. The bad news: Each vendor is only receiving 50 units. With more units shipping out the following week.

Wow. Talk about a disappointment. I really hope you guys preordered quickly :(

Gearbest is the closest source I believe. From what I understand many vendors are getting their stock from gearbest (they are a distributor as well I think).

Petabread

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2014
Miami, FL
These things are apparently shipping out in mass for sure on the 28th! My vendor already has a tracking number for a small shipment that has shipped and they should arrive Monday/Tuesday (thankfully I live about 10 minutes away from them so I can pick it up). Whoever gets theirs first should post some pics up for everyone so they can see the finalized colors! Hopefully all vendors are in the same boat with a small shipment underway! :)

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
Here's the issue, revisited from the other IPv4 thread. The fact that they told vendors that the black IPv4 color wasn't finalized yet is the problem. No one knows the color, neither us, vendors nor P4Y (apparently.) Everything is hearsay, but it would explain why they are shipping the black ones out (probably the most sought after color) last.

Now, I'm not doubting what you believe will be the black color - I know they have the P4Y watermark on them. But what does that mean anyway? Look at the varying colors of the silver model (with P4Y watermarks.) No one knows, it's all speculation until we get the device in our hands. If it weren't all speculation, there wouldn't be so many inconsistencies between vendors.

What I posted is not speculation.

It came directly from a Pioneer4You rep on their official Facebook page posted exactly 7 days ago. It's not someone elses render, it's not guesswork, it's not a story told through a vendor, it's the absolute most recent OFFICIAL information given by the manufacturer themselves.

wooglins

Feb 18, 2015
Nashville

It came directly from a Pioneer4You rep on their official Facebook page posted exactly 7 days ago. It's not someone elses render, it's not guesswork, it's not a story told through a vendor, it's the absolute most recent OFFICIAL information given by the manufacturer themselves.

The information did officially get posted on the Pioneer4You website, but it is not happening right now apparently.

Petabread

ECF Veteran
May 21, 2014
Miami, FL

I still stand by what I said, lol (which my whole point was that 2 "official sources" are contradicting each other so let's just believe what we get in the mail at this point.) Those emails came from official P4Y reps too. Again, I'm not saying I doubt that's the real black color - what I said was simple, it's all guess work until it's in our hands due to all the contradiction. Almost like the release date - no one believes it until it's in their hands (I believe it because my vendor showed me their tracking info from them, but If I hadn't seen it, I'd have rolled my eyes too.)

And I'm not talking about just the black one. P4Y has released a video of an almost gunmetal/charcoal grey colored IPV4, silver/light blue colored renders, silver/black trim renders. Point is, no one knows. But we hopefully will come Monday.

In relationship to GTAV, as you mentioned a while back. The official GTA Heists and PC release dates were in fact on their official blog. That didn't make them come out on those days though. Watchdogs official E3 trailer looked infinite times better than the final product - what we got was more than halved.

I learned a great saying in the Army: believe half of what you see and none of what you hear. Especially when it comes from a company like P4Y, who has not been totally honest with previous releases in the past.

You came here with your official information and you're sticking with it, which is fine, I'm not trying to sway you at all. But if you're going to have the logic that those official emails were falsified, you shouldn't leave out the possibility that their FB could've been hacked...just saying, that's about as "out there" as someone faking pictures of a vaporizer (but I hope that FB post is finalized, because it's sexy!)

Completely Average

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 21, 2014
Suburbs of Dallas
I still stand by what I said, lol (which my whole point was that 2 "official sources" are contradicting each other so let's just believe what we get in the mail at this point.) Those emails came from official P4Y reps too. Again, I'm not saying I doubt that's the real black color - what I said was simple, it's all guess work until it's in our hands due to all the contradiction. Almost like the release date - no one believes it until it's in their hands (I believe it because my vendor showed me their tracking info from them, but If I hadn't seen it, I'd have rolled my eyes too.)

I learned a great saying in the Army: believe half of what you see and none of what you hear. Especially when it comes from a company like P4Y, who has not been totally honest with previous releases in the past.

You came here with your official information and you're sticking with it, which is fine, I'm not trying to sway you at all. But if you're going to have the logic that those official emails were falsified, you shouldn't leave out the possibility that their FB could've been hacked...just saying, that's about as "out there" as someone faking pictures of a vaporizer (but I hope that FB post is finalized, because it's sexy!)

What emails? Who was the rep that sent them and what is their contact information?

I've shown you exactly where I got my info, including the rep's name and email address. You've told me about emails but have nothing to back any of your claims up. You keep bouncing around the subject and talking about what a vendor told you or showed you, but that's all just hearsay. You claimed there were "lots of pics" of these emails, but you haven't produced a single one. All I've heard from you are unsubstantiated claims and rumors without proof.

I learned a great saying in the Navy.... Put up or shut up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread