IPV4 preorder

Status
Not open for further replies.

tehdarkaura

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2014
CO
for the price / features / firmware upgradability I think its a steal at the pre-order / gb price.

I couldn't resist it -- but really we will not know much for sure until we get them in hand :)

its a gamble -- but a safer one than DNA40 in my opinion -- atleast yihi gives us the ability to upgrade firmware...

you cant say that abut evolv... and they have had their share of issues -- do they really think its okay to tell people they are out of luck and stuck with a faulty board because they bought it too early on? :glare:

HDMontana

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2014
Montana
I think im gonna get in on the preorder. My ipv mini and mini v2 have performed flawlessly with heavy use.

Now comes the hard part, the waiting lol
Yeah, the waiting is a bummer. And with no reviews out yet, we don't know if it will be a good mod, or if there will be problems with it. This will be my first TP mod. I have already picked up some ni200 wire, and started practicing the coil build.

HD

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
for the price / features / firmware upgradability I think its a steal at the pre-order / gb price.

I couldn't resist it -- but really we will not know much for sure until we get them in hand :)

its a gamble -- but a safer one than DNA40 in my opinion -- atleast yihi gives us the ability to upgrade firmware...

you cant say that abut evolv... and they have had their share of issues -- do they really think its okay to tell people they are out of luck and stuck with a faulty board because they bought it too early on? :glare:

Agreee that a pre-order is a gamble and your incorrect assessment of Evolv will probably add to the pre-order...any faulty board is covered by a one year warranty...

Evolv LLC - Limited Warranty

Evolv's warranty: Evolv provides a non-transferable warranty to the purchaser of an Evolv product’s purchased from an authorized Evolv reseller. Evolv warrants that the product will be free from defects in material and workmanship for 90 days (1 year for DNA products) commencing on the date of purchase.

Except where prohibited by applicable local law, this warranty is limited to the original purchaser and is non-transferable.

In general, this warranty means your Evolv product will operate in accordance with published technical specifications and in the operating environment for which it was intended for the length of the warranty period.

Question: What warranty does Yihi give... I found nothing on their web site..some vendor's/reviews sites say it is warrantied as long as it hasn't been installed...

YiHi SX350 DIY 50 Watt CHIP KIT - DIY SOLUTION ON SALE $65.99 - BACK IN STOCK NOW WITH PRE-UPGRADED 16GA WIRE!!! :: DIY PARTS / KITS - A to Z Vapor World

From the link: Important Notice of warranty :
If you're not skilled, experienced, and comfortable with Electronics, Soldering, and Safety you should not be purchasing this chip! It is intended for experienced individuals. You MUST CHECK THE BOARD WHEN YOU RECEIVE IT and prior to installation. Any board that has been installed and/or soldered on has voided ANY and ALL warranty claims by YiHi.

Authentic YiHi SX350 100W Chip!

From the link:

You MUST CHECK THE BOARD WHEN YOU RECEIVE IT and prior to installation. Any board that has been installed and/or soldered on has voided ANY and ALL warranty claims.

YiHi SX Mini regulated mod - TimboZero Vaping

From the link:

The device has a full one year warranty.

I am not saying that Yihi does not have a good warranty.... I've just not found it.. if anybody can post Yihi's warranty as stated directly from Yihi I'd be grateful.... thx

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
I believe PB recent review after several months later regarding the DNA chip is dead on and unbiased. The board still has issues.

It's just my personal experience but the warranty while in place is still a hassle. I bought two chips and have three devices in total that run the DNA40 board. After testing the boards I installed one and it worked for about a week and began to have problems. I contacted Evolv and their response was to cut the wires off the board and send it back to them, well I installed the board with very little extra wire to make it clean. I de-soldered the board and sent it back, they can clean it up if they so desire. The replacement took almost two weeks but they did replace both boards.

My VF was also buggy, that one took around a month to get back.

All that being said when using Ni200 I see the same issues that PB discussed in his video and one of them is a big problem, jumping out of TP while vaping. Blame it on the device, the atomizer or the chip I really don't care but heating Ni200 out of TP can produce some nasty stuff. There should have been some thought behind what was or was not an appropriate atomizer and that should have been tested and conveyed prior to the release.

There are still reported problems with the recent release. I use mine because I know how build and to adjust for the inconsistencies. With Rossums guidance I moved to titanium which for me is much more consistent then Ni200.

Please don't get me wrong, the technology is great but there are still problems and some folks just want to argue that it's the best most groundbreaking thing on the market. Well my only response would be, I hope some group isn't testing for toxicity when one jumps out of TP because that's going to be a problem. I've had it happen to me and I know the result. The tech was released to soon and the inconsistent performance could give the extremists an argument know body wants to hear.

The other challenge, the chip still can't be used by the people that can benefit the most, a new vapor. Pre-made coils are still not readably available.

When you talk about warranties I will be moving to the SX Chip, the vendors I purchase from support their sales and Perry at Varitube will get my money when the SX 350J chip is released. His customer service and support is second to none!

tehdarkaura

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2014
CO
I have a DNA40 in my hand that has the known issue of the battery voltage reading incorrectly, can I send that back to evolve?
How about all the people who have the garbled screen issue?
what about the people who cant read Celsius?
Evolv calls these things hardware issues and adds some gold plating to the board, but really, I build electronics man, and that just doesn't make any sense... the screen being flipped and garbled is a an indication it wasn't initialized correctly and I'm sure it could of been fixed with a software tweek.

but they don't dare admit that... because then people would be upset that they are being asked to buy a new board because there was no way to install a new firmware version included in the design...

They made the call that protecting their firmware was more important than handing boards over to their customers that could not have a software update applied.

tFOrRESTee

Nov 3, 2014
USA
IPv4 had preorder since January and it kept pushing the release date. Not surprised that it will be delayed again until April or even May.

waiting.jpg

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
I have a DNA40 in my hand that has the known issue of the battery voltage reading incorrectly, can I send that back to evolve?
How about all the people who have the garbled screen issue?
what about the people who cant read Celsius?
Evolv calls these things hardware issues and adds some gold plating to the board, but really, I build electronics man, and that just doesn't make any sense... the screen being flipped and garbled is a an indication it wasn't initialized correctly and I'm sure it could of been fixed with a software tweek.

but they don't dare admit that... because then people would be upset that they are being asked to buy a new board because there was no way to install a new firmware version included in the design...

They made the call that protecting their firmware was more important than handing boards over to their customers that could not have a software update applied.

Just contact your vendor or Evolv if your board has any of those issues you mention... it is within the one year warranty... ... they should take care of ya...many have RMA'd their boards...

With that said I hope you can answer the question I ask about a verified warranty that Yihi provides...

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
I have several Yihi boards and have yet to be concerned about having to use the warranty but if you do a little quick research you'll find that they do have a stateside warranty center. I can't really speak to the service because again all mine (7 devices) are working flawlessly.

Last edited:

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
I have several Yihi boards and have yet to be concerned about having to use the warranty but if you do a little quick research you find that they do have a stateside warranty center. I can't really speak to the service because again all mine (7 devices) are working flawlessly.

I knew they have a stateside warranty center.... but still can't find the actual warranty they provide... that's what I want to see... will search a bit more... just thought somebody could link me to it...

EDIT: just sent of a request to Yihi to answer my question..

Last edited:

SavePaperVapor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2009
Minnesota, USA
Yihi doesn't sell this board to the open market that I am aware of -- I can't speak to their warranty.

but ASMODUS does the return work for P4U so that's who we are going to be dealing with. 1 year warranty, then after that you have to pay for repairs.

They will when it's released. I've found that buying a yihi device is better than buying just the chip as far as warranty coverage is concerned.

Marc411

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2014
Windy City
Varitube sells the SX chips on their site and our a quality supplier. Perry stands behind his sales and his CS is insane. They are one of my preferred vendors.

It will be interesting to watch how the market reacts to these new chips being released over the next couple months. Once released I would be willing to bet that the market share will move to other vendors.

retird

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2010
North Side
Yihi doesn't sell this board to the open market that I am aware of -- I can't speak to their warranty.

but ASMODUS does the return work for P4U so that's who we are going to be dealing with. 1 year warranty, then after that you have to pay for repairs.

THX...., I just sent an e-mail to Yihi and will await their reply....If my understanding is correct Asmodus is a distributor of many products and offer a warranty and repair service for certain products here in the US...

TheotherSteveS

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2015
Birmingham, England
Virtually the same size as the IPV3, but with rounded edges. Does take a little getting use to, going from a small mod to one this size.

HD

I guess so but there are dual 18650 mods around 2/3 the size of this...each to his/her own I guess. If the TC works and its a solid unit I may still go for it! Price looks like it will be very competitive!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread