Vapor Flask V3 DNA40 Clone thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandSam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
Oceanside, CA, USA
I wouldn't go digging around inside with a battery stuck in the tube for chance of shorting something out.

Try seating a nickel or a washer into the slot securely and carefully try and unscrew the cap with a pair of pliers, the aluminum should be soft enough for you to unscrew the much harder brass.

This. I had a similar issue with a firearm part. You can epoxy a coin (or something sturdy) into the groove, then use a pair of pliers to twist it off.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
If you take the plate off and slide the sled out, you can get at the battery from the top, and there should be enough room to grip the battery with pliers if need be.
I managed to get the battery cap off using a big screwdriver. Weirdly enough the threads on the cap itself appear to be fine (it screws into the undamaged battery tube without any trouble). The battery tube has a small dent in the lower end, tore the wrapper a bit when removing the battery. I'm gonna try to file the dent from the inside, being careful to not destroy the rest of the threads (a mini file might work), and see if I get it working. If not, it'll work fine as a single battery mod.

Reactions: dwcraig1

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
Imperial Beach, California
So what did you end up doing when you took yours apart other day?
I did nothing more than peek inside and put the top plate back on. I was just talking to a friend about it saying I think I'll wait till it stops working or at least till I get some sockets.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
I got bored with the forum being down and practiced welding NR legs on Kanthal for Subtank, ended up putting a 3 mm coil in an Ithaca (26 gauge Kanthal with 26 gauge Ni legs). I was really in to the GG stuff at one time. My intentions were to weld 26 gauge Ni200 legs on 28 gauge Ni200 for the OCC heads thinking it might eliminate hot legs but never got to it.
11193402_999488640075360_1646797826149411470_n.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: aldenf

Croak

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 13, 2012
Right behind you...
He's just modifying the process already used in almost all pre-built Kanthal coil heads, which have two pieces of Ni200 arc welded to a piece of Kanthal in the middle.

In his case, he's still using the resistance differential between the two gauges of Ni200 to hopefully accomplish the same thing, albeit less effectively since the resistance differential isn't as great as Ni200-Kanthal.

dwcraig1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 17, 2012
In his case, he's still using the resistance differential between the two gauges of Ni200 to hopefully accomplish the same thing, albeit less effectively since the resistance differential isn't as great as Ni200-Kanthal.
Kind of how I figured it too. How is Kanger doing their Ni200 coil legs?
Oh BTW, I haven't got "zapped" by mine yet but if it ever happens I'm sure I won't be forgetting about it anytime soon.

KenD

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 20, 2013
Stockholm, Sweden
kennetgranholm.com
I managed to get the battery cap off using a big screwdriver. Weirdly enough the threads on the cap itself appear to be fine (it screws into the undamaged battery tube without any trouble). The battery tube has a small dent in the lower end, tore the wrapper a bit when removing the battery. I'm gonna try to file the dent from the inside, being careful to not destroy the rest of the threads (a mini file might work), and see if I get it working. If not, it'll work fine as a single battery mod.
A bit of work with a micro file did it. I need to use a coin to open and close the cap in the damaged tube, whereas with the other I can use my fingers only, but it works great.

sonicbomb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 17, 2015
1187 Hundertwasser
Dropped my Kangxin today on the pavement, it hit the bottom and flipped against the ST Mini on top. Nasty ding in the edge of where the battery cap is. I've buffed out the burr and luckily the cap still screws in and out perfectly.
The leverage caused by the topper bent the top plate a few tenths of a degree so there was a small gap between the plate and the body. I took off the plate and used a small pipe wrench with electrical tape on the jaws, and pliers similarly taped to gently take the bend out of the plate. It's now a snug fit again. I have noticed that the inside of hex screws are starting strip even though I'm using a well matched tool and this is only the second time I've removed them.

Phone Guy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2013
Arlington, Texas - USA
So I got my nickel. Ni200 wire today. Wrapped 10 wrap 30g on about a 3mm machine screw, got. 18 ohm coil. Fit inside my Taifun gt2 clone. Set for 450f 30w, never get temp control, even on dry cotton? This is the ChiNA40 chip. Is that right?

It's amazing how soft this wire is. Almost like thin solder. Wicking it is a challenge, it moves sooo much, it's so weak.

GrandSam

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2013
Oceanside, CA, USA
So, I just realized that I do not have an atomizer to dedicate to the VF clone. I've blown away the vape budget, so I'm allowing myself ~$15 for a flavor-chasing atty clone that can give off decent clouds. I'll only be using a single coil, so here are a few that I'm considering:

-Commander my Plume Veil clone and toss something else on the Chana.
-FreakShow
-FreakShow Mini
-Magma (REALLY wanted this, but I can't stand threaded top caps since I end up getting juice all over the place)
-Derringer
-Swirlfish (Eh...)
-Aeolus (Really like the look of this one...)

What say you guys?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread