Status
Not open for further replies.

HeiSINberg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2013
Groveville, NJ
How did the Cascata turn out? I'm still very much on the fence about picking one up as i'm not hearing a lot of good about the rda aside from it's flavor.
Honestly.......its one of the hardest attys ive ever built on, if not THE hardest. It took me almost an hour to get it set up correctly, and that was only single coil, i give credit to the people who can toss duals in this thing no problem. First off i hate how hard it is to trap the leads under the negative posts, i used 26g nichrome which is already not that big and softer then kanthal and it kept sliding out or popping out. I cant imagine doing 24g or lower, talk about a headache. And i dont like how your limited to there drip tip and thats it just to cover the fill hole. Which in itself is damn near useless unless you have a needle tip bottle or syringe. No leaking from the 510 pin though it does leak down from the o-ring and gets pretty messy always trying to drip more when taking it on and off. Plus from doing that the top cap is barely held on once wet with juice. And i wish the airflow was better but thats a personal thing. My honest opinion is buy a clone first before spending the money, id be seriously upset if i shelled the money out for the authentic, i got mine through a trade so its whatever. This is all just my opinions however and some might disagree.

snow blind

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2012
PA
Honestly.......its one of the hardest attys ive ever built on, if not THE hardest. It took me almost an hour to get it set up correctly, and that was only single coil, i give credit to the people who can toss duals in this thing no problem. First off i hate how hard it is to trap the leads under the negative posts, i used 26g nichrome which is already not that big and softer then kanthal and it kept sliding out or popping out. I cant imagine doing 24g or lower, talk about a headache. And i dont like how your limited to there drip tip and thats it just to cover the fill hole. Which in itself is damn near useless unless you have a needle tip bottle or syringe. No leaking from the 510 pin though it does leak down from the o-ring and gets pretty messy always trying to drip more when taking it on and off. Plus from doing that the top cap is barely held on once wet with juice. And i wish the airflow was better but thats a personal thing. My honest opinion is buy a clone first before spending the money, id be seriously upset if i shelled the money out for the authentic, i got mine through a trade so its whatever. This is all just my opinions however and some might disagree.

Thanks for the feedback! Yeah, i've been burned by Cartel in the past so i've learned my lesson and always wait for reviews and a few months on new devices/attys. Sounds more and more like i'll be passing on this until maybe the Rev 2.

HeiSINberg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2013
Groveville, NJ
Thanks for the feedback! Yeah, i've been burned by Cartel in the past so i've learned my lesson and always wait for reviews and a few months on new devices/attys. Sounds more and more like i'll be passing on this until maybe the Rev 2.
If i could tell anyone 1 thing, it would be to save your time and money and buy something else. No offense to those that love this but theres so much better out there for this price range. If it was 50-60 bucks i could see that, but for what its worth the flavor is good.....but getting to that point isnt lol.

HeiSINberg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 6, 2013
Groveville, NJ
I appreciate the input. I have no problem dropping $120 on an atty but certainly not for one defined by questionable quality and which is a PITA to build.
I totally agree. I dont mind putting the money on something, but this rda is a headache to me, i like a challenge not a battle.

sedition

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 20, 2014
New Zealand
Got the Fasttech clone of this in the mail today. Looks great from the outside, really questionable on the inside. Whoever cloned it took some liberties with the positive/negative posts.. a half hearted attempt at a wire lock system that will just cut the wire instead, and there isn't enough room to secure any wire the traditional way with larger gauges. First time I've looked at a new RDA and put it straight back in the box.

snow blind

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2012
PA
Got the Fasttech clone of this in the mail today. Looks great from the outside, really questionable on the inside. Whoever cloned it took some liberties with the positive/negative posts.. a half hearted attempt at a wire lock system that will just cut the wire instead, and there isn't enough room to secure any wire the traditional way with larger gauges. First time I've looked at a new RDA and put it straight back in the box.

I was going to order the FT clone to mess around with... but then i saw the positive and negative posts!?! ... were they thinking.

sedition

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 20, 2014
New Zealand
I just tried a build in it, dual 24g at about 50 watts. I got the wires secured, but they drop out easily - you've got to hold the dead end of the wire to adjust the coils. If you cut the dead end off before you're happy, it's all over. That's on the clone, mind you - which has also messed with the vertical position that the legs terminate at, meaning the vertical height of the coil is restricted. 5 wraps was the most I could use.

When it works, it's nice, really flavorful. But the airflow just doesn't work for dual coils. At all. I might try a single to give this thing a fair shake, but at the moment I'm thinking that form came before function. It's a shame, because it's a BEAUTIFUL looking RDA. They outdid themselves in that department.

FearTX

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 15, 2013
Outside of Austin, The Republic of Texas
I really enjoy this atty. The first one arrived looking as if robots chewed on it so I had vapordna swap it out for another. I bought this guy specifically planning for the Le Jumbo Jet as I figured the angles would look great and they do.

I have had no issues with loose orings or leaking 510. Hats off to those enjoying duals on this guy. They are a royal PITA to do. I did enjoy stacked and staggered horizontal duals for a few days but where this guy shines is horizontal single coil, painstakingly placed for optimum flavor and the AFC 2/3 open.

cjy0oSwl.jpg

tM3Qv7tl.jpg

And the reason I bought it, to look the stuff on a 30mm mod that combined is barely bigger than a 10m: sample bottle of juice ;)

OSqbO8ml.jpg

Reactions: RickCain

sedition

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 20, 2014
New Zealand
I've tried a couple of different builds in here, right now I've got a 3mm 22 gauge single very similar to yours, Fear. Positioning the coil was a real PITA. What I'm finding is that the taste seems to come mostly from the juice being spitting and being sucked up through the tip. Did this happen with your build?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread