Provari, the ax has come for you

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alien Traveler

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 3, 2014
United States
Where i work there are 9 vapers. 4 of them use box mods, one uses a Provari (me) and 4 use little eGo batts with ce4 type clearos.
The box mod users are all using isticks, 3 use 30 watt and 1 uses a 50 watt. All of them have toppers that will accommodate a whooping 8-10watts (iclear 30's et al).
Where i drink there are 12 vapers (known to me). 1 uses a mech, 1 uses a Provari (again me) and the rest use eGo type devices with ce4 type clearos.
When i walk down the street and actively look out for vapers i see eGo type batts.....
That is my reality.
How can anyone say that the Provari is obsolete when for most of the vapers i see or know it is the most dependable device available for the type of vaping they do.

But why can anyone say that Provari is worth to buy only because its reliability?
Right now I am vaping with iStick 30. I use it mostly at 9-15W, Provari range, but for me it is ergonomically superior to Provari. And it is only $25. Suppose it will work for me for one year (it should be longer, but for simplicity - one year). I can buy 8 of them for the price of Provari. They will serve me for 8 years. Suppose Provari will work for 8 years and longer, but there will be a lot new and better devices than 8-years old Provari in 8 years... And additional bonus of cheap vaping - I can put on a shelf my current mod without any regret and buy something new at any time.

P.S. I am not talking about hobbyists here, those who can buy multiple Provaris just for fun, not for real use. I am talking about those why buy vaping gear only because they want to vape and try to minimize their spending in rational way.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
well, they simply do not state the materials on their website other than stainless steel. Which is why I was asking for specifics.
Well, talk about selective reading....

My blog Why Provari? , which I linked to earlier, has a link for this article -- Provari: Made in the USA, which is also listed as a sticky in the Provape supplier forum here on ECF. I'll make it even easier for you, here I've copy/pasted it:

"Several have asked if the ProVari is just “assembled” in the US or “made” in the US, so to address this questions here are some details:

The
ProVape-1 and ProVari are actually MADE and ASSEMBLED in the USA.

Parts - Machined right here in Monroe, WA. We use US-made stainless steel bar stock to produce the tubes, top caps, bottom caps, contact pins, etc. Everything is done on our machines locally. No outsourcing.

Bare Circuit Boards - Manufactured in Illinois. We do not purchase the circuit boards from China due to their poor quality. While the circuit boards are more expensive to produce in the USA; this is the heart of the system and it’s important to us that they are the best quality we can get. Each PCB is electronically tested before it ever sees components.

Electronic Components on Circuit Board – these are the only parts that might come from outside of the USA. Some of these parts are simply not made in the US, so we can’t get them from a US source, even though we would prefer to.

We use components from Japan, Korea, Taiwan, Malaysia, China and the USA.

Component assembly - Components are soldered onto the circuit boards at a facility outside Seattle, Washington. After getting components installed, the boards are tested several more times at our Monroe facility to ensure they are ready to ship. We test each one multiple times to give you the most reliable product you can get. "

We don't cut any corners when it comes to quality control, testing, and component selection."

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
dig up reasons how provari price is justified other than reliability..... maybe I am ignorant to other qualities of provari that justifies the pricing, but the same old reliability reasoning just isn't cutting it for me. There are obviously a lot of people out there who want to defend the pricing or counter argue my arguements, why don't they dig up the info if they care so much?

Evidence that the Provari chip is superior to the more common 33.3 hz chip used by most other manufacturers:

Why Mods that Use the Cheap 33.3 Hz Chip don't Vape the Same as a Provari, DNA-20, etc

Again, if you had read my blog article which I posted earlier, I provided links at the end to at least a dozen ECF threads on why people love their Provari and recommend them to others. You wanted endorsements why owners recommend them, they are there. I won't take the time to copy/paste all of them, just click below.

Why Provari?

Last edited:

jambi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 20, 2014
SoCal
Next up: Five Pawns vs. Dekang, and why your juice sucks. :lol:

If anyone needs me, I'll be over at THR trying to stir up another AR vs. AK fight. :p

Ha! Come on...everyone knows the AR is better. It's made in USA!

*Flees from thread*

bluecat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Cincy
Hey, great try! Yep, you got me....every one of those is at least as good as a provari ! Most are probably even better! I can't believe I didn't think of those....:shock:

Well that was mature.

We are talking about reliability. Look up the definition. Apparently these have lasted me on average 3 years. Your Provari has lasted 3 years. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to do the variance on 3 years and 3 years.

My guess is you are the spittin image of why these threads come about.

bluecat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Cincy
Evidence that the Provari chip is superior to the more common 33.3 hz chip used by most other manufacturers:

Why Mods that Use the Cheap 33.3 Hz Chip don't Vape the Same as a Provari, DNA-20, etc

Again, if you had read my blog article which I posted earlier, I provided links at the end to at least a dozen ECF threads on why people love their Provari and recommend them to others. You wanted endorcements, they are there. I won't take the time to copy/paste all of them, just click below.

Why Provari?

To be fair Bad... that is from '13. The devices have better chips in the now than then.

Reactions: Coldrake

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
Cmon everyone knows dekang is made with ground catfish bones and reactor sludge,

In the end who cares what you buy, not my business. But for me personally my decision to get a provari was based on how many problem threads the other mods always have yet there aren't any for provari.

Don't try to argue " but I have mod xxx and its been great, so what's the problem"
I'm glad yours works and has lasted you for however long. But the truth is the string of complaints never stops, new m65 thread right nownow, page after page of button issue.charging, screen 510 failings
My invader thread getting even more replies.

Every time I ask for evidence about provari having a constant stream of issues the argument will once again be turned to " but my xxx mod is great and never given me a problem why are you a hater"

Were not haters but it would be nice if the deniers quit pretending these mods aren't falling apart for a segment of their owners.

People can argue here all they want, the people objectively reading threads on ECF know who's telling the truth, the threads are there, the problems exist. Yet many choose to live with them, time after time I keep reading " except for the issue with xxx its a great mod"

A problem we do not experience. And maybe, just maybe some of us are less tolerant of paying for slop and expect things to work correctly even if that means paying more.

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
To be fair Bad... that is from '13. The devices have better chips in the now than then.
That depends. If you follow PBusardo's mod reviews, when he does the oscelloscope tests, there are still many chips which fire in the 33.3 - 60 hz range (the rattlesnake effect), far lower than the 800+ hz range of a Provari or DNA chip resulting in a flat line.

There are still a lot of mods today (even higher priced ones) still using the cheaper chips. The processing chip is the most expensive component in a regulated mod, and this is where many companies skimp to keep their costs down.

Last edited:

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
That depends. If you follow PBusardo's mod reviews, when he does the oscilloscope tests, there are still many chips which fire in the 33.3 - 60 hz range (the rattlesnake effect), far lower than the 800+ hz range of a Provari or DNA chip resulting in a flat line.
I couldn't find a real kick, as I wanted another. So I got a clone, put it in my mech to test it and my Atty went zzzzzzzzzzzzz. I said W. T. F. Turns out it too uses the 33.3.

Never used IT again, if I wanted a vamo I would buy one lol

vapero

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
monterrey,mexico
I do think that provari has great quality, attention to details and outstanding warranty, but so does a louis vuitton bag, yes both are great, but I could buy a cheaper, same or better quality item for much much less because it doesn't have the "brand" that is how I see provari, you can't justify the price except for the brand name and that is great, just not for me, I like to pay a reasonable price for great quality, I don't care about brand

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
As an above poster mention provari fans seem to be prone to bad luck. I imagine this bad luck follows then in all of life not just vaping so they are most likely well aware of it and buying something bullet proof is good thinking. I take care of my stuff so that's a non-issue for me and I think most people. I've got things that cost alot less then my mod and I don't drop them off buildings either.
How Long Will a Mod Last?

Reactions: FlamingoTutu

bluecat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Cincy
That depends. If you follow PBusardo's mod reviews, when he does the oscelloscope tests, there are still many chips which fire in the 33.3 - 60 hz range (the rattlesnake effect), far lower than the 800+ hz range of a Provari or DNA chip resulting in a flat line.

There are still a lot of mods (even higher priced ones) still using the cheaper chips. The processing chip is the most expensive component in a regulated mod, and this is where many companies skimp to keep their costs down.

I don't deny that. There are a lot more, now, that have the higher range than in 2013 was my point. This is 2015 and the market is flooded with both types. My father in law bought a 10k HD TV. It was the best thing on the market. Color was great. Sound was out of the park. I think I upset him a little bit when I said my 1k Samsung had a picture and sound. He told me it was impossible because he paid 10k for his Sony.

No offense and you know this. Not everyone can tell the difference between the different hz.

No I don't follow his reviews. I watched one got 30 seconds in and said this is ridiculous. What matters to me is my reviews which is what every individual should follow.. their own reviews.

bluecat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Cincy
I couldn't find a real kick, as I wanted another. So I got a clone, put it in my mech to test it and my Atty went zzzzzzzzzzzzz. I said W. T. F. Turns out it too uses the 33.3.

Never used IT again, if I wanted a vamo I would buy one lol

Maybe try Evolv? You must not have looked very hard. My clone kick doesn't zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. Depends really on the build.

Evolv LLC - Shop Now

I guess the real provinaris are showing their colors. You all wonder why.. smh

WillyZee

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
Toronto
Right? Turned into quite the debate when the question was rather simple.

Seems that Provari users are just as die hard as Oakland Raiders fans.

all of the positive ProVape response to your question should fully answer your question ... we Provari owners are not a group of vapers who do not respect the value of a dollar. We are not folks who vape because we are trying to impress anyone ... we are just looking for the best vape for our money ... and most just want a vape that is much more satisfying than smoking.

I myself sold a used Provari for exactly what I paid for it a year earlier ... therefore, I vaped that device for a year for free.

The guy I sold it to ... he still uses it everyday with a Kayfun ... since then, he has bought himself a second brand new Provari (a gold zencote for $100). He didn't buy that 2nd Provari because he needed a backup, or was he worried, the used one I sold him would fail ... he just wanted to vape 2 flavours without swapping Kayfuns.

Then again, he is just a guy who wanted to replace smoking ... he is not interested in the high watt trend you are so convinced will bring the axe down on ProVape.

The bottom line is ... we get it.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I don't deny that. There are a lot more, now, that have the higher range than in 2013 was my point. This is 2015 and the market is flooded with both types. My father in law bought a 10k HD TV. It was the best thing on the market. Color was great. Sound was out of the park. I think I upset him a little bit when I said my 1k Samsung had a picture and sound. He told me it was impossible because he paid 10k for his Sony.

No offense and you know this. Not everyone can tell the difference between the different hz.

No I don't follow his reviews. I watched one got 30 seconds in and said this is ridiculous. What matters to me is my reviews which is what every individual should follow.. their own reviews.
Before I spend any money on anything over $50, I will research for reviews. IMO, PBusardo is the most thorough mod reviewer on You Tube and I trust his judgements as they usually are in synche with my own.

I understand not everyone can tell the difference between processor chips when they vape. Lucky or not, I am one who can.

Yeah, you can follow your own reviews, but only after you have purchased something. I don't have that kind of money to burn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread