Status
Not open for further replies.

unsure

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2010
Silicon Valley, California
I noticed that the website still has a PayPal option. Didn't Robert post around the first of the year that he was getting rid of PayPal?
Still using it all things NOT mods I( thought. I'd guess because he use to it and printing labels etc. Might be more work to replace it than keeping it. :)

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
For some reason, I think it was ATOMIZERS that PayPal had a problem with. Could be mods, too - but I'm not gonna try to find out tomorrow...
:unsure:
Still using it all things NOT mods I( thought. I'd guess because he use to it and printing labels etc. Might be more work to replace it than keeping it. :)

Ian444

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 26, 2013
QLD, Australia
I think I shall wait until the sale has been going for 10 minutes then try to buy one.

You won't get what you want doing that. You need to be at the pc waiting, hitting the F5 button every 5 seconds waiting for the site to come up, then dive in on your 1st choice. Last year the site came up 30 seconds early, so be ready. Have the ones you want bookmarked before the sale, not a bookmark of all of the woodies, but if you click on a mod's title, as opposed to just the pic, it takes you to a seperate page, bookmark that page. Then when you open that bookmark (after the sale starts) you can click on add to cart (if someone hasn't already bought it). You will get what you want, and then think, it wasn't that hard, assuming all goes well...

I like wood to look like wood.

The oil finish is as woody as you can get. If you click on the title, not the pic, it will take you to a page where the finish is stated. You can often tell poly from oil finish by the gloss in the pics.

My favorite is cocobolo, I've owned 2 for a year, they are only allergenic if you sand them. They used cocobolo on gunstocks for years, if there was allergic reaction when using a gun, well that wouldn't make sense. Cocobolo is very hard wearing IME.

Lacewood is unusual and very practical, light and strong, it grows on you and looks even better as it darkens too.

Without going through them all I really like these oil finish ones:

118 cocobolo
188 bubinga
117 cocobolo
339 Caribbean Rosewood

oops the caribbean rosewood is poly finish but I still like it a lot!

Debadoo

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 18, 2012
Texas, near Fort Hood
My dumb .... ordered some deoxit product (looks like a nail polish bottle) but it wasn't Deoxit Gold.
There are several deoxit products, one is a cleaner, I think that's red, there is also a blue one, and perhaps a green one, but not sure on that. Some do use the red cleaner as well. But you definitely want some gold for the contacts, spring and batts. I use the 2 ml tube he showed in the video, was 7 something at amazon. some day I'll get the bottle with brush. But this tube will last a long time.

I don't have an Account", and there is no "log in"
You can make an account and sign in, but it's down at the very bottom of the page to register and log in, and sometimes you have to sign out more than once. lol I don't know if Rob keeps his site simple so he can do all the pic loading etc, or what, but if it's not that, I'd love to see some our puter geniuses get hold of the site and update it!

Just ordered my first Reo! Figured an LP Grand was as good a backup plan as any ... And if I'm lucky tomorrow night, I'll have two :)

... Now just have to get an atty :facepalm:
wahooooooooo!!! can't wait til you get it. And jup, definitely need backups!! Way to dive in darlin!!
Kas.....great lookin chalice!!

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
Good Morning everybody, and good luck today!! Here's hoping none of us have interruptions at 5pm (in my case, unnervingly likely) and here's hoping we each get something we truly will cherish. I know I will. It may not be my top pick in the end but I'd be happy with almost any of them!

T minus 9 hours!!!

built4feel

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 13, 2014
South Central PA, USA
good morning & good luck!

Ive narrowed my list down to 8 grand jewels

...time for a nap now...
england-isle-of-wight-tent-and-camp-chair-at-compton-farm-campsite-BY22W7.jpg

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
For some reason, I think it was ATOMIZERS that PayPal had a problem with. Could be mods, too - but I'm not gonna try to find out tomorrow...
:unsure:
IT was the atomizers they had a problem with mods are not a problem . I still send invoices through PayPal . PayPal is no longer tied to the site to bad I no people love using it

Sloth Tonight

CF Moderator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 25, 2014
NY
I imagine you have quite an awesome feeling today Rob. Months and months of very hard and tiring work. A community of friends and supporters gritting their teeth with anxiety and excitement. You've built quite the empire my friend and you've outdone yourself with these beautiful works of art. I know you must feel proud and happy with what you've done - and - you deserve to, you freakin rock :)

redeyedancer

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 4, 2010
Maine
I imagine you have quite an awesome feeling today Rob. Months and months of very hard and tiring work. A community of friends and supporters gritting their teeth with anxiety and excitement. You've built quite the empire my friend and you've outdone yourself with these beautiful works of art. I know you must feel proud and happy with what you've done - and - you deserve to, you freakin rock :)
ITs a huge relief to finally be done . These mods were the hardest mods to build to date . It will be easier the next time you always learn as you go things to not do and things to avoid . In the end all that matters to me is people are happy with there mods .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread