Status
Not open for further replies.

CatMommy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Oh ok. Well that looks like highly figured dyed maple to me. Something fairly easy to do. Electric guitar bodies are often dyed using figured maple. Color choices are limitless. I've died figured maple using simple fabric dye.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Then I guess I'm going to go google then.:w00t:

RuDawg7890

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
Sinking Spring, PA, USA
Then I guess I'm going to go google then.:w00t:
PM me if you need any help, I'd be glad to assist!! Heck, I miss my shop time, I'd even dye it for you if you provide the wood!!
I have a fair amount of figured maple out I. The wood shop, but I'm not sure if it's thick enough to make a woodvil out of.

CatMommy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
PM me if you need any help, I'd be glad to assist!! Heck, I miss my shop time, I'd even dye it for you if you provide the wood!!
I have a fair amount of figured maple out I. The wood shop, but I'm not sure if it's thick enough to make a woodvil out of.

That's really nice of you to offer your knowledge and assistance. Thank You. I'll definitely let you know if I decide to give it a try.

RuDawg7890

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2013
Sinking Spring, PA, USA
That's really nice of you to offer your knowledge and assistance. Thank You. I'll definitely let you know if I decide to give it a try.
No problem! You'll want to find out the exact dimensions Rob needs to make one. The dye will only penetrate so deeply, so if the piece of wood is too thick, when Rob mills it, all the dye would be worked away. He may even tell you that he would have to shape it first and then dye it. It's worth looking into though.

CatMommy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 7, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
So drinking wine to celebrate getting my wenge......get buzzed and buy a walnut. [emoji16]

OK, that post right there just made me spit out my drink. I like the way you think!

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
I'm sure there are plenty of sources. Some folks were gushing over a block destined to become a dibi that came from here. They got some nice hunks of wood...

3027a__91537.1430815044.750.400.jpg

The above post was asking about this one:oops:

KAS

kas122461

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
Indiana, USA
I'm sure there are plenty of sources. Some folks were gushing over a block destined to become a dibi that came from here. They got some nice hunks of wood...

3027a__91537.1430815044.750.400.jpg

Thanks, I was just looking at that site, after my post I googled it, and that is the first site I clicked on. :)

KAS

Reactions: Debadoo

MamaTried

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 31, 2013
Northern California
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread